Thai rice farmers rejoice after junta head orders immediate cash payment

webfact

How strange that in less than a week the Army can pay the farmers but the PTP exgovernment couldn't manage to do the same thing in more than 9 MONTHS.

A Thai farmer has told me that the Bank refused to pay out in a political move against the last government and has sat on the cash. I hope action is taken against the bank if this is proved correct.

• Like 2

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How strange that in less than a week the Army can pay the farmers but the PTP exgovernment couldn't manage to do the same thing in more than 9 MONTHS.

A Thai farmer has told me that the Bank refused to pay out in a political move against the last government and has sat on the cash. I hope action is taken against the bank if this is proved correct.

A Thai farmer told you this ....... (now adopting a Billy Connolly accent)

Weel, get you, just the one farma waz it, that's jus fine an dandee, was anyone else therrr.

• Like 2

We can only hope that being better informed, you now know that farmers are quite often ignorant of the true facts, and gullible enough to believe the lies fed to them by the red propagandists.

OTOH, you may well NOT realise this due to your own shortcomings.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Gonna be hard now for the hardcore red-shirt fanatics to mount a serious challenge now to the general - He's just put money in the pockets of those who have traditionally been UDD / PTP supporters and dug some of them out of a financial hole. That will certainly raise his and the army's popularity at a grass roots level.

I doubt very much that they are going to go against him, especially as PTP left them balancing on the abyss for a long time with empty promises.

Nice bit of populism it would appear?

I really like this post but would suggest that the populism was the ruse of ptp who then reneged on peyment. I would refer to the current peyments as as " nice bit of justice it would appear".

Yes, but I have concerns about:

-- What spin (lies) are being told by the red leaders, especially in the red villages where the local kamnans (village chiefs) have great power and I suspect there are plenty of villages where this power is still, at this stage at least, still strong.

A Thai farmer told ME that if you put a used pair of red panties from a widow on a flag pole it wouldn't rain!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-14012387572404_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So that's how to make someone happy - give 'em a pile of money.

I gotta remember that, next time a bar girl asks for a tip.

How to make most working people happy pay them for a job done or product delivered .. not difficult to work out .. I sure as shit would be pissed if I didn't get paid for work done!

Wouldn't you?

• Like 1

So that's how to make someone happy - give 'em a pile of money.

I gotta remember that, next time a bar girl asks for a tip.

How to make most working people happy pay them for a job done or product delivered .. not difficult to work out .. I sure as shit would be pissed if I didn't get paid for work done!

Wouldn't you?

If you agreed on a price for "services" rendered and you paid her the agreed price, within a reasonable timeframe, I imagine she would be happy.

If you enjoyed her services and reneged on paying her she would probably be pissed off, and rightly so.

PTP led government did not delay paying the rice farmers. It was EC who tried to bargain with the government - delay election or no payment, and the dem and its pdrc blocking the payments. Threatened banks not to cooperate with the government to pay rice farmers. According to this report, they have been enough funds to pay them and other avenues that funds were available.

Lies. The payments were well overdue before the election was called. The government could have earmarked the money before calling the election and entering caretaker mode. You, of course, know this.

You can cease banging out propaganda on behalf of the Yingluck government. It's dead.

..........................and well and truly buried!!!!!

• Like 1

A Thai farmer told ME that if you put a used pair of red panties from a widow on a flag pole it wouldn't rain!

Those are big panties