Pakistan woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

webfact

Pakistan woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

LAHORE: -- A Pakistani woman has been killed by her relatives outside Lahore High Court for marrying against their wishes.

Police said 30-year old Farzana Bibi died on the spot after being attacked with bricks and sticks.

Her father handed himself in, but police say her brothers and former fiancee, who also took part in the attack, were still free.

Correspondents say hundreds of girls and women in Pakistan are killed every year by family members.

However, many more killings are believed to go unreported.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27593504

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-28

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you tried explaining that to intelligent aliens from another planet, they'd say, "Yea right. That can't be true. No species kills its own for such ridiculous reasons. No species can be so cruel."

Oh yes they can.

The problem in the UK is that the family members and local muslim community refuse to testify against these murders and the majority of these crimes go unpunished.

That's a problem everywhere there are 'honor murders.' In a decent society, that would be called 'harboring a criminal.' We don't expect murderers to tell the truth (admit what they did), but at least neighbors can, ...except in Muslim communities.
  • Like 2

The BBC ought to also highlight the fact that in the UK alone there are around a dozen 'honour murders' a year.

I bought a house in Banbury in 2001, and found out that a young girl there was abducted from that very house 2 years prior and taken to Leicester by her cousins and brothers, she was then stabbed to death multiple times by the very same family members for having a 'relationship' with an English local.

The problem in the UK is that the family members and local muslim community refuse to testify against these murders and the majority of these crimes go unpunished.

It is also noteworthy to mention the left and center left political parties never seem to want to come down hard on these 'islamic traditions' because they are far too worried about 'their votes'..... Eh Mr Blair and Mr Clegg????

That's pretty impressive.

• Like 1

I bought a house in Banbury in 2001, and found out that a young girl there was abducted from that very house 2 years prior and taken to Leicester by her cousins and brothers, she was then stabbed to death multiple times by the very same family members for having a 'relationship' with an English local.

How was she stabbed to death multiple times, did she keep coming back to life then? Sorry, bit insensitive there, but though it happens on occasion in civilized places, the fact it happens wholesale in certain areas of Pakistan speaks volumes about that backward, uncivilized society. Let them at it, with a bit of luck they'll rid the world of their kind and do us all a favour!
  • Like 1

It's nothing to do with religion. It's cultural.

So if these folk were devout Christians she still would have suffered the same fate..?...

As I recall, "Thou shalt not kill" is one of the biggies in the Christian religion.........

So if these folk were devout Christians she still would have suffered the same fate..?...

As I recall, "Thou shalt not kill" is one of the biggies in the Christian religion.........

Why doesn't it happen in Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Senegal etc.

• Like 1

No idea, perhaps that lot prefer their freedom, but that is no answer to my question is it........rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

No idea, perhaps that lot prefer their freedom, but that is no answer to my question is it........rolleyes.gif

It is an answer. It's as I said; cultural.

It happens.

• Like 1

It's a mixture of both.

No it's not.

There is no mention of honour killing in the Quran or Hadiths. Honour killing, in Islamic definitions, refers specifically to extra-legal punishment by the family against a woman, and is forbidden by the Sharia (Islamic law). Religious authorities disagree with extra punishments such as honour killing and prohibit it, so the practice of it is a cultural and not a religious issue. However, since Islam has influence over vast numbers of Muslims in many countries and from many cultures, some use Islam to justify honour killing even though there is no support for honour killing in Islam.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/cj-jp/fv-vf/hk-ch/p3.html

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2