how much for an implant?

stevehaigh

I was in Bali 6 month ago and went to the dentist with a minor issue (do not remember the name) but their prices of implants where around half of what you pay in Thaland.

You can search the issue.

If you do 2 implants there the trip and more is paid for - they are fast too.

Confused: an uncomplicated implant should take a min of 3 months. Many implants require graft which than take another 3-6 months. Often implants will be 9-12 months total time, without complications. Did you go back and forth to dentist in Bali?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year I paid 50,000 baht for crowning of 2 adjacent teeth, which I think is the same as a bridge. Also included root canal treatment and a wonderful clean with what I think was baking soda spray. Took quite a few visits to St Louis Hospital in BKK, but I have found that Thai dentists are excellent compared to those in the UK. It was a bit of a shock, but was well worth it if you can afford it.

Edited by Card

Have a THAI friend or girlfriend send emails and/or call to dentists in other areas of Thailand for much better pricing than Pattaya & Bangkok.

The Thai will always get a better price, and they just say the work is for "husband" or "brother." I lived in Udon Thani for 4 years and EVERYTHING is cheaper there -- not that many foreigners to drive up the price -- and even the favored "double pricing" (illegal in civilized countries) is absent much of the time.

After 10 years in this backward country, I NEVER buy a product or an expensive service when in Pattaya or BK

Have a THAI friend or girlfriend send emails and/or call to dentists in other areas of Thailand for much better pricing than Pattaya & Bangkok.

The Thai will always get a better price, and they just say the work is for "husband" or "brother." I lived in Udon Thani for 4 years and EVERYTHING is cheaper there -- not that many foreigners to drive up the price -- and even the favored "double pricing" (illegal in civilized countries) is absent much of the time.

After 10 years in this backward country, I NEVER buy a product or an expensive service when in Pattaya or BK

"After 10 years in this backward country, I NEVER buy a product or an expensive service when in Pattaya or BK" - you should come down to Phuket for a laugh on prices down here, compared to Pattaya and Bangkok. :)

• Like 1

"After 10 years in this backward country, I NEVER buy a product or an expensive service when in Pattaya or BK" - you should come down to Phuket for a laugh on prices down here, compared to Pattaya and Bangkok. :)

You complain constantly more than anyone about Phuket yet you still live here(but maybe you don't, life is too short to continually complain and moan!! just saying!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

"After 10 years in this backward country, I NEVER buy a product or an expensive service when in Pattaya or BK" - you should come down to Phuket for a laugh on prices down here, compared to Pattaya and Bangkok. smile.png

You complain constantly more than anyone about Phuket yet you still live here(but maybe you don't, life is too short to continually complain and moan!! just saying!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you read back through the thread, I suggested the OP enquire with dentists in Pattaya and Bangkok, as prices may be significatly cheaper up there.

I just thought it funny JackJD says Pattaya and Bangkok are expensive and the OP should consider Udon Thani, which is not a bad idea, because there is a cheap and direct flight from Phuket to Udon with AirAsia.

If you don't like reading the Phuket Forum - then don't.

You "talk up" Phuket constantly more than anyone else.

Go and post something positive on the thread in the Phuket News Forum where a women was murdered - stabbed in the head. You probably would.

Maybe your business is going bad here and you don't like anything negative being posted about Phuket. Just saying!! biggrin.png

Now, do you have anything to say about the cost of dentistry on Phuket, after all, the thread title is, "how much for an implant?"

Edited by NamKangMan

I was in Bali 6 month ago and went to the dentist with a minor issue (do not remember the name) but their prices of implants where around half of what you pay in Thaland.

Thank you I didn't know for BALI.

So Bali and Cambodia seem cheaper than here, why ???

Thank you I didn't know for BALI.

So Bali and Cambodia seem cheaper than here, why ???

Same reason here is cheaper than your home country. Usually lower labour costs, lower taxes and lower overheads. Eg. rent

Edited by NamKangMan

I just had one completed for 60,000. Bangkok Hospital charges 80,000 but the standard of care is far better.

Having an implant helps retain jaw and facial structure and is a good idea from that aspect. I consider myself fortunate to be able to get one.

Good luck!

I just had one completed for 60,000. Bangkok Hospital charges 80,000 but the standard of care is far better. Having an implant helps retain jaw and facial structure and is a good idea from that aspect. I consider myself fortunate to be able to get one. Good luck!

Where did you get yours done for 60,000?

Was the 60,000 for the implant only, or did it include the crown on top of the implant?

Was there a bone graft involved?

Thanks.

an american friend with extensive experience in the phillipines tells me there are many excellent quality G7(US system) level dentists there and the prices are quite affordable.

Never!

Have you seen some of the weird and wonderful dentistry Filipinos have?

I'd highly recommend implants for front teeth. Much stronger than regular crowns if done properly. I was informed that good implants are stronger than real teeth but hopefully I'll never have the type of accident that knocked out the originals to find out.

Implant surgery (and that's what it is, surgery) was in its infancy when I had mine done around 20 years ago. They cost around GBP3,000 each. A lot of money back then but I am honestly happy I spent it.

I was quoted 65,000 baht for an implant in Bangkok ten years ago when a crown fell out. For a rear tooth that no one can see there's no way I would spend that money and am happy with a gap.

So I would say it is a good price and if it's a visible tooth I'd say go for it. And as there are two separate sessions of visits involved (more if the titanium screw doesn't attach to the bone in the usual time, I'd personally go for somewhere local and pay a bit more if needed.

I think you are paying too much at 60,000 baht. I'm getting a dental implant in a couple of weeks at the Thlonglor Dental Clinic for 30,000 baht. I've been to that dental hospital several times and they have modern equipment, dentists that seem to know what they are doing and no problems with speaking English. I give them my highest recommendation (No, I am not getting paid to write this.). Give them a call at 02 382 0044.

Prices for implants vary somewhat depending on manufacturers ( US, South Korea, Sweden...) and are standard across venues. Thus, price differences generally relate to dentists fitting fees rather than cost of implants. The price you quote is within usual current prevailing market prices. Beware however that implants do sometimes fail mostly due to a variety of patient-related issues such as bone-recession for men beyond their 50s or women after menopause rather than implant faults. Warranty will only cover the latter.

Judgements have to be made case by case, but if bridges are feasible in the particular personal dental setting without placing too much pressure on adjacent teeth which might be the case when these are too far from each other, then I would recommend bridges over implants. You will be sparing yourself THB and prolonged agony. In contrast to implants however, dental work such as bridges are susceptible to much wider price differences so it is worth inquiring around and compare prices.

Private dentists are unlikely to provide you with a fair assessment in your particular case of pros and cons of implants against bridges/dentures as the former offer much larger profit margins. Marketing hype notwithstanding, often a considered assessment goes against implants. You will have a better chance at obtaining a balanced assessment visiting a government hospital such as Mahidol's Faculty of Dentistry but even in such a context you will still have to adopt a proactive straightforward attitude to come up with a decision in your best interest.

Last year got bridge for one tooth done in Pattaya for 33,000 baht at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Very professional team there, well looked after.

Had a bridge done in Chiang Rai, 3 teeth and 4 caps done for 60,000 baht plus teeth whitening. That was in 2006.

Different levels of tooth veneers for caps and bridges that reflect levels of price.

Very important to take care of teeth, particular with getting older.

The bridge in 2006 is still great. I also understand that the price in Chiang Rai will be cheaper than say Bangkok or Pattaya.

Most of the dentists in Thailand have been or have overseas training. Have a look on the net when you have picked a dentist and see what their qualifications are.

Good luck

I am at a loss. I got one done for ฿15000.-, Thais get them done for ฿5000.-. Buriram. No problems 6 months later. A lack of choice of colours, that's all.

really? are you serious 15000 bath? only the complete upper jaw or what? if so, can i have the adress pls.

I made a crown in 1985 and it has been great and never given me any problems until last year when I had to replace it after almost 30 years.

I got a bridge and two root canals done that went for a total of 25,000 baht at a private dentist on Soi Siam Country Club Road in Pattaya.

Not just any old Tom, Dick Lek or Somchai dentist can place implants. Its a very precise procedure. A lot can go wrong. i.e. drilling too deep into the upper jaw bone and going through into the sinus.

You should research the credentials of your implantologist.

India and Costa Rica are the cheapest countries for implant.

In Thailand, whilst usually much cheaper for other dentistry, implants cost about the same price as England.

I've had several done in Budapest, Hungary (a beautiful city) where they are very well set up for dental tourism. About 48,000 bht.

I did research the matter in Thailand some years ago as it would have been convenient to have them done there.

I have just got an implant made at home in Madrid in a brand new clinic with all kinds of hi tech stuff and materials, 3D radiography, laser drilling, etc. and I have paid 1400 euros, that is about the same 65000 bahts you are saying, so I agree that europe prices are similar in this case so no need to do them in thailand.

I am at a loss. I got one done for ฿15000.-, Thais get them done for ฿5000.-. Buriram. No problems 6 months later. A lack of choice of colours, that's all.

No mate,they are at a loss.I must have got the Thai price,6000 baht,Surin including toothbrush, paste and floss!Hope my denist does read TVF.

Interesting article, however it is in the Daily Mail so for that reason you might not want to read it and if you do you may need to use a VPN or proxy as it's banned in Thailand at the moment!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2561578/Why-teeth-implants-painful-costly-mistake-life.html

Incidentally Simon Nocton who is quoted in the article was the dentist who did my implants.

You are talking about caps, where the original tooth is ground down and a porcelain cap covers the original ground down tooth.

An implant is is used when there is no tooth left. It is where a hole is drilled into the bone and a titanium cylinder is screwed in. Then a false tooth is screwed into the cylinder.

I knew he had it wrong as well, but did get me thinking, would it be worth the OP making a few enquiries in Pattaya and/or Bangkok. Might be significantly cheaper up there.

Just a thought.

Nah - I asked a dentist in Bangkok last week when having a good clean (they do that well so probably industrial bleach) and the standard price for an implant there was 60,000. Its now actually cheaper in Harley Street Dental Clinic in London which charge 45,000

I found it hard to believe your prices and had to google it.

http://harleystreetdentalimplantcentre.co.uk

The prices are very good, but not as cheap as you stated. Maybe did you had it done a while ago?

Dental Implant with Crown for £1195 (65670 Baht) All Inc. 3D CT scan inclusive

Every further dental implant is only £995 (54679 Baht) all inc.

Until our promotional implant stock lasts

Save up to £1505 compared to average Harley Street and UK price.

I am not sure where the titanium bolt they use comes from or what type of crown they put on for the tooth. Both of these can make a difference. Would be more if you need a bone graft.

I will stay with my Cambodia dentist, but I am still surprised how cheap they are in the UK. That is the same as I paid for an implant in Phuket.

Edited by aussiebrian

Am having implants myself. 60,000 Bt each.

If the bone isn't thick enough, they do a graft. Another 49,000 Bt.

Wouldn't recommend a bridge as it isn't anywhere near as strong as an implant. Go with the implant if you can afford it; it's for life.

The 60k is half the price they want in Canuck land

Hope I am not violating any forum rules but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BIDC (Bangkok International Dental Center)

I have been there, they are professional, have a VERY informative website...

I encourage you to check them out FIRST