Thailand Has Adequate International Reserves To Cope With Capital Outflows

Jai Dee

Thailand has adequate international reserves to cope with capital outflows

Thailand still has enough international reserves to cope with the capital outflows .

Bank of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula (ปรีดิยาธร เทวกุล) said the central bank has prepared measures to deal with the capital outflows from sales of shares in the stock market.

M.R. Pridiyathorn said he was not concerned about the present financial situation as Thailand still had as much as 57 billion US dollars in international reserves while investments from the beginning of this year until now exceeded the outflows.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 17 June 2006

Thailand still has enough international reserves to cope with the capital outflows .

Bank of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula (ปรีดิยาธร เทวกุล) said the central bank has prepared measures to deal with the capital outflows from sales of shares in the stock market.

M.R. Pridiyathorn said he was not concerned about the present financial situation as Thailand still had as much as 57 billion US dollars in international reserves while investments from the beginning of this year until now exceeded the outflows.

I take this as double-speak for 'I'm shit scared about the rate the loot is doing a runner", or why else would he be "preparing measures"? And what measures would they be I wonder? :o

Thailand still has enough international reserves to cope with the capital outflows.

I take this as double-speak for 'I'm shit scared about the rate the loot is doing a runner", or why else would he be "preparing measures"? And what measures would they be I wonder? :o

I found this report a little surprising, too. I wasn't aware that capital outflows were currently such a big concern.

Thailand still has enough international reserves to cope with the capital outflows.

I take this as double-speak for 'I'm shit scared about the rate the loot is doing a runner", or why else would he be "preparing measures"? And what measures would they be I wonder? :D

I found this report a little surprising, too. I wasn't aware that capital outflows were currently such a big concern.

Maybe Georgie Soros is having a little flutter on the Baht again? :o

I take this as double-speak for 'I'm shit scared about the rate the loot is doing a runner", or why else would he be "preparing measures"? And what measures would they be I wonder? :D

Maybe Georgie Soros is having a little flutter on the Baht again? :o

Probably a response to a question from a stupid reporter with no idea that the baht isn't fixed as ridgedly as it used to be.

Having said that, only George Soros can play chicken with the bank of Thailand and stand a chance of winning. Lets hope the BOT doesn't blink and ole george ends up betting against himself, but I doubt it.

I assume that M.R. Pridiyathorn (not many M.R.s around these days) is ignoring the illegal outflows generated by the major illegal markets of gambling, drugs, prostitution, firearms, and smuggling. Clearly the royal descendant has avoided reading Achaan Pasuk Phongpaichit's writings.

Do not panic. Remain calm. Move along now, nothing to see here. All is in order. Return to your homes...

:D:D:D courtesy of your Thai shareholders and loyal wives :D cunnilingus?....this may be a sharp learning curve son :D Sure might surprise the Missus :o

regards

Imagine that your sitting in first class reading a magazine, enjoying the flight, and the cockpit door opens. The pilot emerges wearing a parachute and smiling. "Dont panic" he says, and continues down the aisle disappearing into the rear of the plane.

For me, this has always been a sign to put down the magazine and pay attention.