hi can i be in gf shop while she works without wp and there is thai staff

Being present on somebody's business premises for hours on end day after day could result in your getting suspected of working illegally in that location and being investigated by officials of the department of employment.

• Like 1

Being present on somebody's business premises for hours on end day after day could result in your getting suspected of working illegally in that location and being investigated by officials of the department of employment.

On real note.

They do not investigate.

And they would not see it day to day as its only if next shop thai owner call immigration on you then they show up..

mataleo

What's the point in doing this? Follow your GF to her work, and sit in her shop when you don't work there? I'm sure you wouldn't do it in your home country where it wouldn't be any problem at all.

Edited by bangkoklasse
  • Like 1

What's the point in doing this? Follow your GF to her work, and sit in her shop when you don't work there? I'm sure you wouldn't do it in your home country where it wouldn't be any problem at all.

the point is the law im asking..

Other the. That dont bother it could be many reasons like comming and have meal as she stays there 12h..

Or any other reason u can imagine. ..

mataleo

stop being so possessive and get a hobby, it'll make you a happier and more interesting person

u to thick to understand that i ask law... thats what i want to know and i got my reasons. I dont need ur useless advice

mataleo

stop being so possessive and get a hobby, it'll make you a happier and more interesting person

u to thick to understand that i ask law... thats what i want to know and i got my reasons. I dont need ur useless advice

mataleo[/quote

You seem to be very thin skinned. If you ask something on here you should know that you might receive such answers.

If you really would like to know according to law I would suggest you ask in the "ask a lawyer" section of this forum.

In my opinion that depends always on the immigration officers visiting the shop. Sitting behind a computer is always suspicious and looks like work activity. Regardless if only playing a game, surfing the web, chatting with friends. You would need to ask yourself if an official would believe that.

According to my knowledge it is not forbidden to visit but if you would do that the whole day, every day it would not be believable

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not aware of any law that either permits or forbids a foreigner to sit in the premises of the business of a Thai friend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

As was stated, there isn't a law that says where you can sit all day or many on those bar stools or on their computers in coffee shops would out of the country by now. But you do need to be careful. I heard of one man that got busted for going behind the bar to change the CD. Locally, a guy and his Thai wife set up a guesthouse but had not opened or gotten permits was busted because he had setup a website advertising the place.

• Like 1

Other the. That dont bother it could be many reasons like comming and have meal as she stays there 12h..

mataleo

if you need to watch her for those 12hrs.get a camera in the shop.no law against that.

then you can go fishing.

mataleo

if you need to watch her for those 12hrs.get a camera in the shop.no law against that.

then you can go fishing.

Man its not about watching.

And i got cctv

Again concentrate on question.

LAW

mataleo

mataleo

There is no law that tell you if you can or can not enter your GF work. Or telling you how many minutes a day you can stay there

mataleo

then you can go fishing.

Man its not about watching.

And i got cctv

Again concentrate on question.

LAW

mataleo

When you refuse to tell why you like to be in your GF work. It's more difficult to answer your question. Why ask in a public forum if you like it to be a secret?

If it's a normal Money Exchange shop? It's not allowed for the people that don't work there to go inside and play games a few hours on the PC.

Edited by larsjohnsson

I have started to see some fishy things in Thailand, which seem contrary to the laws regarding employment of foreigners, but I usually don't question them or get involved, as they aren't any of my business, but they do strike me as being curious.

For example:

The Black Canyon in one Bangkok shopping mall has an Indian manager, who is most likely legal, but I did find it strange that a foreigner would be employed by a Thai restaurant chain, which begs the question, what can he do, that a Thai can't? It would have been different if it was an Indian restaurant, but this was Black Canyon. He gave me a "namaste" like wai on my way out with a typical Indian "thank you, come again" while the other staff gave me a "kob khun krab/ka". It was very much a puzzling sight for Thailand.

Similarly, what's the deal with those Indians or Nepalese? running "Italian" restaurants in Ao Nang, Krabi? Not enough Italian managers/chefs these days? Also a bit bizarre, but I digress.

Anyway, if the OP was legal that wouldn't be a problem - but being in the public eye without a WP throughout the day, every day doesn't sound like the best idea (also I can think of far more comfortable places to be using my computer throughout the day, including back home!) I remember reading about him asking if it's possible to work at the exchange booth in another thread - most likely yes if the paperwork for his visa/WP can be approved. That approach would be the one I suggest. Until then, better stay at home, although the occasional visit to the GF should be OK. Better yet, if he really needs to be at her side, if there was a private room for him to sit in that is not visible to the public, then that would be ideal.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

I have started to see some fishy things in Thailand, which seem contrary to the laws regarding employment of foreigners, but I usually don't question them or get involved, as they aren't any of my business, but they do strike me as being curious.

For example:

The Black Canyon in one Bangkok shopping mall has an Indian manager, who is most likely legal, but I did find it strange that a foreigner would be employed by a Thai restaurant chain, which begs the question, what can he do, that a Thai can't? It would have been different if it was an Indian restaurant, but this was Black Canyon. He gave me a "namaste" like wai on my way out with a typical Indian "thank you, come again" while the other staff gave me a "kob khun krab/ka". It was very much a puzzling sight for Thailand.

Similarly, what's the deal with those Indians or Nepalese? running "Italian" restaurants in Ao Nang, Krabi? Not enough Italian managers/chefs these days? Also a bit bizarre, but I digress.

Anyway, if the OP was legal that wouldn't be a problem - but being in the public eye without a WP throughout the day, every day doesn't sound like the best idea (also I can think of far more comfortable places to be using my computer throughout the day, including back home!) I remember reading about him asking if it's possible to work at the exchange booth in another thread - most likely yes if the paperwork for his visa/WP can be approved. That approach would be the one I suggest. Until then, better stay at home, although the occasional visit to the GF should be OK. Better yet, if he really needs to be at her side, if there was a private room for him to sit in that is not visible to the public, then that would be ideal.

Thx

I got it.

And Many Indians are born here so i guess they got thai passports...

mataleo

Thx

I got it.

And Many Indians are born here so i guess they got thai passports...

mataleo

Wrong... according to the Thai 1965 Nationality Act, children born in Thailand can ONLY become Thai citizen, if BOTH parents did hold permanent residency at the time of birth... and since getting permanent residency is pretty difficult, I would assume that most Indians working in Thailand do NOT have permanent residency, thus their children will not receive citizenship.

Well, you said it yourself, " if the thai in the next shop calls immigration! And that is what usually happens. There is no black and white law, its what the officials perceive. I would think a money exchange booth is kinda like a bank, and would you see a farang sitting behind a desk in a bank, and playing games on his computer?

There are Indian families that have been here for many decades that have Thai citizenship.

Thats what im talki.g about

Parents born in thailand.

They speak fluent thai

mataleo

People born in Thailand and speaking fluent Thai are NOT automatically Thai citizens. Children born to such parents in Thailand are NOT automatically Thai citizens, only if at least one of the persons (father or mother) have Thai citizenship.

The Thai Nationality act says:

Section 7 bis.
A person born within the Thai Kingdom of alien parents does not acquire Thai nationality if at the time of his birth, his lawful father or his father who did not marry his mother or his mother was:
(1) the person having been given leniency for temporary residence in Kingdom as a special case;
(2) the person having been permitted to stay temporarily in the Kingdom;
(3) the person having entered and resided in the Thai Kingdom without permission under the law on immigration.

That means, if the in above example either mother or father are in Thailand as refugee ( as in 1 above) or either mother or father are here on a Visa extension to stay (i.e. work permit as in 2) or either mother or father are here illegally (i.e. overstay as in 3), then the child will NOT get Thai citizenship

Or the other way around: ONE parent of a child must have Thai citizenship or BOTH parents of a child must have Thai residency status.

Of course, I don't know how many of the Indian families qualify for either / or, but definitely being born in Thailand does NOT give automatic citizenship as the OP implied.