Foreigner allegedly arrested for buying 'Peace please' T-Shirt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why foreigners try and get involved in stuff like this in Thailand I don't understand.

If he had paid 100 for that T-shirt the hanger wouldn't have come with it, neither would the price tag.

Oh wait the price tag is with it....few nights/weeks in a shithole till the papers are sorted.

Propaganda bullshizz by some student.

Edited by rhythmworx

A foreigner was arrested by the military after he was found buying Tshirt stating “Peace Please” at Victory Monument.

I'm not a fan of the coup, but the guy did not just buy a T shirt. He was photographed deliberately displaying it in front of a group of soldiers.

I do not know what he intended to achieve, maybe just a 'cool' picture for his facebook, maybe a genuine political statement, but we have all been amply warned about keeping out of Thai politics.

As an expat all my life, I keep out of all politics; no good can come from it. Most of us would probably resent if Thai came to our respective countries and started making political statements.

If they were working and paying taxes no I don't think many people would resent them at all

i don't understand the weird yes sir no yes establishment mindset that operates within TV.

I am paying taxes but still can't vote, so why get involved and end up like this dude. Potentially black-listed and kicked out.

When I grew up in Kenya, getting involved in politics could get you disappeared real quick, so why get involved? And I really do not want to appear on the radar of the Khmer police here.

Look, I am here to work, make money, and have a good life. I can still vote in my native country so I focus on that.

Nothing to do with "yes sir. no sir" mentality, I am just not some armchair warrior that probably sits in some Western country.....

• Like 2

A foreigner was arrested by the military after he was found buying Tshirt stating “Peace Please” at Victory Monument.

I'm not a fan of the coup, but the guy did not just buy a T shirt. He was photographed deliberately displaying it in front of a group of soldiers.

If the above is true, then seems the headline is a bit misleading...

As then he was not arrested for buying a T-shirt.... It would mean that he was arrested for actively protesting against the Coup in front of the soldiers

Which is a big no no..

It doesn't matter what side you are for or against, it has been made very clear by Thai authorities on both sides that foreigners taking part in protests will be deported

I remember this happening both with some foreigners joining both the Reds and some foreigners joining the yellows and recently One high profile foreigner joining Suthep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CWMcMurray
  • Like 1

Maybe he thought it meant peas please.

He just really really loves eating peas. I know I do, with mint sauce or a little butter and pepper. Or a good pea and ham soup is lovely but the ham must be a smokey hock. Peas on the pod, now theres a real treat when in season.

We always had to keep whistling when we shelled peas for grandma so she knew we weren't eating them.
Sometimes Id get it wrong and shell a bean. Grandpa grew them next to each other.Closely related but unsavoury compared to peas.

This tale is an nice example of the recent phenomena that every "6 Month Wonder" TEFLer with a Twitter or Facebook account, saw recent events as a golden chance to play "Foreign Correspondent" or "Photographer" while bumbling around Bangkok utterly clueless....

At least this lad will have a nice twist ending to tell few others will have, when he gets home.

• Like 1

If they were working and paying taxes no I don't think many people would resent them at all

Yes. If someone knows what they're talking about, what difference does it make? If a Thai national moved to Britain, spoke English, followed the news closely, and thought about things, the s/he would already be more qualified to have an opinion than 80% of the electorate.

• Like 1