Indian Teen Girls Assaulted And Killed By Gang

Scott

Indian teen girls gang-raped and hanged from a tree: police

By Nita Bhalla

NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Indian police have arrested one man and are looking for four other suspects after two teenage girls were gang-raped and then hanged from a tree in a village in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Thursday.

The two cousins, who were from a low-caste Dalit community and aged 14 and 15, went missing from their village home in Uttar Pradesh's Budaun district when they went out to go to the toilet on Tuesday evening.

The following morning, villagers found the bodies of the two teenagers hanging from a mango tree in a nearby orchard.

http://news.yahoo.com/indian-teen-girls-gang-raped-hanged-tree-police-130442304.html

Arrests over hanged girls in Uttar Pradesh

At least three men, including one police officer, have been arrested after two teenage girls were gang raped and hanged from a tree in India.

Authorities in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh said they were looking for one more suspect and one constable.

The victims' family earlier complained that police had refused to help find the missing girls, aged 14 and 16.

Violence and discrimination against women in India remains deeply entrenched.

But scrutiny of sexual violence has grown since the 2012 gang rape and murder of a student on a Delhi bus.

The government tightened laws on sexual violence laws in India last year after widespread protests following that attack.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-27629211

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-30

These Police that try to cover these types of crimes up just because one of their collegues was involved bring shame amongst the world wide policing fraternity.

Makes me so angry how anyone could try and cover something like this up. It's inconceivable. Vile individuals, they are no better than the perpetrators of the original crime. These people aren't men, they're cowards !

• Like 2

I hear and read a lot about this crap that the media and the women only fanatics regurgitate. Please bear with me on this...

It seems India has a savage and brutal caste systems. The lowest of them all are "The Untouchables"... the Dalits.

These poor, innocent girls were Dalits.

There are more stories about this thousands of years old brutal system, but it seems the international news wants to ignore this in lieu of the fanatics of women's rights and modern politically correct and feeble minded jabberwocky.

Until the brutal Indian and Pakistani caste systems are understood, recognized and brought to the front of these heinous crimes, then female babies, female toddlers, female teens and female adults and elderly have about as much of a chance of being safe as there is of being peace in the Middle East in our lifetimes.

I would also equally add that until the brutal Indian and Pakistani caste systems are understood, recognized and brought to the front of these heinous crimes, then male babies, male toddlers, male teens and male adults and elderly have about as much of a chance of being safe as there is of being peace in the Middle East in our lifetimes.

There are over 1.2 billion people crammed into India. Writing a constitution and making a few laws in the last decade will not eradicate thousands of years of the Indian caste system. Laws that demand equal opportunity for people who have been "untouchable" for thousands of years, and who get moved above others who "deserve" things will only breed more violence.

2008 - Teenage Boy Savagely Murdered In India for Writing Love Letter to Girl From Lower Caste

"Manish Kumar, 15, was like any other teenage boy with his first crush. He wrote a love letter to a girl in his village. However, Kumar was from a dairyman community, which is a higher caste than the girl’s washerman community. Accordingly, the dairymen shaved his head, beat him savagely, and (as his mother begged for his life) they threw him under a moving train."

2008 - Untouchable and Unrescueable: India’s Untouchables Left to Be Rescued Last in Deadly Floods
The recent deadly flooding has brought new evidence of caste discrimination in India. Journalists have reported that Indian officials have been rescuing “untouchables” last — bypassing tens of thousands to rescue higher caste members. The Dalits — the lowest people on the Hinda caste ladder — have been left to struggle to survive as dozens have drown and 1.2 million have been forced from their homes.

Despite India’s emergence as a major economic power, it continues to struggle with its caste system and the intense prejudices against those in lower castes.

2008 - Man in India Throws Lower Caste 6-Year-Old Girl into Fire
In yet another outrage tied to India’s caste system, Madan Singh, 22, was arrested in Northern India for throwing a six-year-old girl into burning embers when he caught her trespassing. Singh comes from a higher caste while the girl is dalit — the lowest caste.

Singh found the girl relieving herself in his field and, when she did not immediately stop, he threw her into the fire.

2011 - Death sentences dropped for mob murder of Dalit family
Bhaiyyalal Bhotmange Bhaiyyalal Bhotmange watched helplessly as the mob slaughtered his family. A court in India has commuted to life in jail the death sentences of six men convicted of killing four members of a lower-caste Dalit family in 2006.

The six have now been sentenced for life "for a period of 25 years", the court in Maharashtra state has ruled. Eight men were found guilty in September 2008. Two were given life sentences. Three others were acquitted.

The Dalits - a woman, daughter and two sons - were killed by an upper-caste mob in a land row. The husband escaped. The case led to widespread protests. Crimes against Dalits, formerly known as untouchables, often go unpunished in India.

-----------------------

I am convinced that if politics, the media and rabid women's rights activists turn these violent acts into a women's rights issue, that there will be only focus on women and moreover many millions of innocent men (i.e male babies, male toddlers, male teens and male adults and elderly) will be overlooked and considered fair game for the higher castes to take their rage out on.

Whilst the deaths of these two girls is tragic, I am incensed with anger at the politics of the international media and women's rights activists, who muddy the facts with their blood-letting screams for justice, when in fact it is a fair form of one-sided justice.

These poor girls bodies were discovered hanging from that tree the morning of Wednesday May 28.

???

But what about the 17-year-old dalit boy, Nitin Raju Aghe? Not more than a day or so after these two girls were murdered, Nitin was murdered and hanged from a tree simply because he had a love affair with a girl from an upper caste. Poor Nitin was of a lower caste. But Nitin's death does not suit the needs of politics and fanatical vampires with an agenda (apparently against men).

Is one more worthy of the blood frenzy than the other? Is any death of a female more worthy of the death of a man? How about death of any human being?

I have a lesson for these lunatics: It's not just women, stupid! it is not only females being brutalized by what you would have us to believe is only a women's rights issue. It is rather instead an age old caste system. In a relatively short span of time, constitutional law and radical views are ramming laws down these people's throats. It won't make one bit of difference. Nothing will change until this is viewed for what it is: crimes of caste against all human beings of all genders, and not the half-assed claim of (JUST) crimes against women.

I am certain that women are incensed about this, but I am also equally certain that many fathers, brothers, uncles and grandfathers are incensed just as much about their daughter's AND son's deaths, when they are the ones committing the murders and on the receiving end.

Stop reporting half the story!

Flame out!

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

@cup-O-coffee - "There are over 1.2 billion people crammed into India."

But, there are over 1.35 billion people crammed into China. Don't hear much from the Western media (with China-bashing tendencies) about gang rapes on civilians and tourists.

Just when I thought that I had heard of everything, there comes along this tragic and disgusting story. How horrendous.

Wouldn't you just like a few minutes with these as#holes.

The tragic last moments of these girls lives would have brought unimaginable pain, nothing less than skinning these bas#ards alive would be appropriate.

RIP little girls. sad.png

I would pay good money for just a few minutes with these creatures.

• Like 1

Just when I thought that I had heard of everything, there comes along this tragic and disgusting story. How horrendous.

The tragic last moments of these girls lives would have brought unimaginable pain, nothing less than skinning these bas#ards alive would be appropriate.

At the risk of sounding crass, there's probably a whole industry there. The money made could go to assisting victims of these awful crimes.

At the risk of sounding crass, there's probably a whole industry there. The money made could go to assisting victims of these awful crimes.

Right on ! thumbsup.gif

But, there are over 1.35 billion people crammed into China. Don't hear much from the Western media (with China-bashing tendencies) about gang rapes on civilians and tourists.

My apologies that you don't hear much from the Western media (with China-bashing tendencies) about gang rapes on civilians and tourists.

My apologies that you don't hear much from the Western media (with China-bashing tendencies) about gang rapes on civilians and tourists.

apology accepted. now we can both move on.

Both China and India eliminate female babies and foetusus. they should instead offer free tube-tying operations to any adult who requests it. Less births = less pressures of overpopulation. If they still want to torture and harm each other, then so be it. We can't change their mental illnesses, social strictures and proclivity to do harm.

Same with many Africans and Middle Easterners. It's impossible to say to what extent overpopulation is a factor, but it and all its offshoots (lack of living space, no jobs, scant income, less females available for men, etc ad nauseum) contribute to worsening conditions, and a more warped outlook - thereby leading to some of the insanely cruel manifestations like the OP.

Mr coffee cup, the way you deal with the bs caste system is through education and public hangings, the latter of which is what must happen to these little ingrates!

hanging would be too quick and nice for the perpetrators. Better to lock them individually in dark dungeons. Give 'em a cup of water and some rotten rice once a day, and let them slowly waste away for the next several months.

Mr coffee cup, the way you deal with the bs caste system is through education and public hangings, the latter of which is what must happen to these little ingrates!

Can't say as I disagree with you, but easier said than done.

You and I agree most likely, but there seems to be a lot of mitigating factors which stay the hands of those billion plus Indians, who are probably more familiar with the nuances of this than you or I.

I also understand that my views and beliefs differ greatly from those of Islamic, whodo-voodoo and Hindi countries, but I am not going to lose sleep over it, no matter how atrocious. Sad, yes, but no matter which of them you could ever manage to save, they would only go on to perpetuate their lifestyles and trample your morals and ethics in their struggle to do so. And chances are. most of the ones you save would give a damn or raise a statue in your honor.

So, I guess my view is that one gives a moment of silence out of decency, and after that butt out of these country's problems.

This has nothing to do with women's rights and / or equality if men's rights and equality will be left out of it.

It is an issue of equal importance to both sexes, and to only focus on one will simply add to the chaos. Moreover, it has nothing to do with the sexes or the genders, and damn these politically correct vampires for trying to make it out to be that way.

It is about human beings being discriminated against simply due to their birth. But this is their problem. Their fix, their baby to deal with. I think they know that.

EDIT: funny, but even Noah was smart enough to lock the doors and not let anyone in when push came to shove and all hell broke loose.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Sad story. Interesting part was that a policeman was involved as well, guess police involved in

crime is not limited to Thailand..... :-) There does seem to be

a lot of rape stories coming out of India. I wonder if that is an aftereffect of them killing off

female babies, thus leading to a shortage of women.

The caste system there is a horrible marginalization of a large part of the population. And while

it certainly makes Indian look like a nation of lunatics ,just be aware that it exits in other

places as well. Still amazing to me that Japan, one of the most developed countries in the world,

also has a caste system in place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burakumin

'Burakumin (部落民?, "hamlet people"/"village people") is an outcast group at the bottom of the Japanese social order that has historically been the victim of severe discrimination and ostracism. They were originally members of outcast communities in the Japanese feudal era, composed of those with occupations considered impure or tainted by death (such as executioners, undertakers, workers in slaughterhouses, butchers or tanners), which have severe social stigmas of kegare (穢れ or "defilement") attached to them."

Some interesting commentary by Indian politicians:

Indian politician's 'accidental rape' remark adds to rising public anger

A minister from the ruling party of the Indian prime minister, Narendra Modi, has said rapes happen "accidentally", amid renewed outrage over attacks against women.

In the latest controversial remarks by a politician, Ramsevak Paikra, the home minister of central Chhattisgarh state, who is responsible for law and order, said on Saturday that rapes did not happen on purpose.

"Such incidents [rapes] do not happen deliberately. These kind of incidents happen accidentally," Paikra, of the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), which also rules at the national level, told reporters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/08/indian-minister-rape-remark-anger-violence-women

10 bizarre comments on rape

NEW DELHI: In India, it seems like there is no dearth in the number of political leaders and other public speakers who have made it their sole purpose to comment in a dastardly fashion about rape.

At a time when survivors of rape (which includes those targeted by the attackers and their family) have to deal with numerous problems such as social censure, delayed justice and trauma (psychological and physical), these comments also add salt to their wounds.

From talking about how rape is finally, the fault of the victim, to claiming that 'boys will be boys', these people seem to be hell bent on pushing India back to the dark ages.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/10-bizarre-comments-on-rape/articleshow/36249990.cms

Edited by Morch