Suspected illegal logging leads to timber confiscation from the home of a Thaksin sister

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going out on a limb to say she's innocent but the usual wooden-headed suspects here all assume guilt before facts are known

You are a very brave and daring man to say a Shinawatra is innocent of anything, and I admire your courage if you do.

Personally, I must be one of your wood-heads because as soon as I read the op I said "GUILTY" !!!

And I am going to stick with that opinion unless fabio posts a link proving me wrong. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

it was the maid or the gardener...

Edit correction

It was Suthep he planted the logs...he is a fascist you know...

And an elitist, hi-so, yellow bellied amart fascist at that ! clap2.gif

All of that aside, Suthep will go down in history as the man who saved Thailand.. Personally , I hope he gets a medal..thumbsup.gif

Illegal logging is part and parcel of the palm oil business from which Suthep made his fortune. I'm sure there will be no raids on his family though and there are plenty more ''medals'' in store for him.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No red supporters here to say it was a plant by Suthep

They can not respond, no freedom of speech anymore, they are living in your world now, enjoy it while it last!

Don't fear. The pain to extract a rotten tooth is worth it, just as the pain some quite evidently feel on TVF when returning to true democracy.

See this as a baby teething. It is a painful experience, sleepless nights, worry and concern, but when you look at that million dollar smile on the babies face at the end it all it makes it all worth it. biggrin.png

Just wait and see….

On topic though - Seems these logs have the correct documentation according to BP.

Well done might be in order. They abuse power, corrupt the country, defile democracy……….BUT the logs are legal!!!

The Shins really are something else. All that money and it's still not enough.

Which would logically lead you to believe that she probably purchased the wood legally.

That same faulty logic was trotted out when he was first elected.

He's so rich already, it's impossible he'll be corrupt.

Edit correction

And an elitist, hi-so, yellow bellied amart fascist at that ! clap2.gif

All of that aside, Suthep will go down in history as the man who saved Thailand.. Personally , I hope he gets a medal..thumbsup.gif

Illegal logging is part and parcel of the palm oil business from which Suthep made his fortune. I'm sure there will be no raids on his family though and there are plenty more ''medals'' in store for him.

amazing .....the tenuous non logical link you tried to use to turn that round was true Shinawatra class!! Well done a true red shirt ~Thai Visa poster

• Like 2

Which would logically lead you to believe that she probably purchased the wood legally.

it would (wood) if she wasn't a Shinawatra

Thanks Utley, I needed a good laugh. cheesy.gif

Edit correction

a ) that are fake logs

b ) but but Suthep is also corrupt......

None of the logs in the photographs look as if taken from old teak houses as claimed. They all look freshly cut. Let's hope the dirtbags who are destroying the environment for personal gain get banged up for many years.

In fact if you read the article it confirms that all paperwork was in order and it was reclaimed wood.

I'm no Thaksin lover but this one sided approach and entrenched views is what caused all this in the first place

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Guess what, sometimes the paperwork is forged and contains facts which aren't true. Shock horror! And unfortunately, the Shins have been previously caught lying cheating and committing fraud. The sister on whose property this was, was convicted recently along with her husband for insider trading. Thaksin, as you mention him, was convicted of fraud and has 15 outstanding court cases waiting his return. Other members of the family have also been convicted. Agree with you though, innocent until actually proven guilty in each case. But to say this is a one sided view is naieve at best.

Might explain why all the timber was confiscated for further examination.

• Like 2

Corruption, abuse of power, negligence, murder, illegal logging, lying, well a beautiful family thumbsup.gif

... and just recently Insider Trading. Also the Shinawatra family.

This is the one

Posted 2014-05-21 20:25:04

STOCKS

Former PM's sibling fined for insider trading

The Nation

Monthathip Shinawatra and Somchai Kovitcharoenkul were fined Bt9.67 million for trading with M-Link Asia Corp inside information.

The Securities and Exchange Commission said in a statement that their transactions on the inside information were executed during July 27-August 15, 2011.

Monthathip is a younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The investigation showed that Monthatip sold 29 million MLINK shares in securities trading account of the M Capital Holding Co Ltd. She traded MLINK shares on the knowledge of MLINK's Bt315.79 million operating net loss in the second quarter of the year. During the period of the transaction, the result was not yet released to the public.

The loss resulted from an extraordinary item on allowance for impairment work in construction of Portalnet Co Ltd, a subsidiary of the telecom company. Monthatip learnt of this information while she was MLINK's executive chairman and president as well as an authorised director. She also held 49.99 per cent in M Capital Holding.

During July 22 - August 2, 2011, Somchai sold 7 million shares of MLINK in his own securities trading account by using the aforementioned information learnt during his directorship in MLINK.

Both agreed to settle the violation with the fine. Monthathip is to pay a fine of Bt7.86 million while Somchai Bt1.8 million.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k-Kc5cy-DD.

-- The Nation 2014-05-21

Note they agreed to pay almost 10 million.

That will be proven one way or another. If she did purchase it legally from her nephew then he will have to prove he sourced it legally.

My oh my, the plot always thickens and always seem to contain a never ending bevvy from this one family.

Unfortunately, you logic is sophistry. Just because she has more than enough money to purchase the wood legally doesn't mean she would or did.

• Like 1

amazing .....the tenuous non logical link you tried to use to turn that round was true Shinawatra class!! Well done a true red shirt ~Thai Visa poster

You mean you don't actually have an argument against what I posted so you're going to engage in childish name-calling instead.

How about you do a bit of research into the link between illegal logging and the palm oil business and come back with a more adult response.

• Like 2

There are so many allegations against this family, they can't see the wood for the trees.

Send in The Special Branch.

Branch - is that a pun?

Of course not, corruption is deeply rooted in this country laugh.png
  • Like 1