Any recent reports on yellow house books in CNX

LivinLOS

You don't need a tabien baan to apply for that. 3 years of extensions and a bit of local language. It's not in high demand either. So why would you want to spend money for that useless status?

I have 26 years of extensions, 23 as a tax payer, and I speak, read and write Thai. Still, I am advised by my lawyers that a yellow book helps - status has nothing to do with it.

But no doubt you know best....

You perhaps misunderstood me. What I meant is the Thai PR is not a real permanent resident status. You still have to make reports to the police, you still need a work permit and your residence book will rather raise questions if used at any office than help you. They just don't know and it is not in their scripts.

Edited by MadMac

Please explain mine has proved extremely useful. Buying a car and getting a blue book , getting my 5 year driving licence, opening bank accounts, immigration for my retirement extension. sure there is more.

They are no longer accepted by government organisations ............ appears to be another Junta initiative.

(were never needed for bank accounts)

Happy to be proven wrong, buy a car and try to register it with a yellow book, or try to renew your d/l!

Looks like you are going to be very happy! I don't know what basis you have for your statement, but it is clearly wrong. I recently used it successfully to renew my driver's licence. I used it just last week to prove my address at Immigration (they specifically requested a copy of it). So which "government organisations" are you referring to which do not accept it?

No point to fight about this. The yellow book gives you that 13 digits ID number, that makes you compatible to all systems. No WP required. If you bring a paper from immigration or embassy, that will work too, but cost you more time and money.

Thai PR I see as counterproductive as no-one knows what it is and you rather run in more issues than without presenting it.

Please explain mine has proved extremely useful. Buying a car and getting a blue book , getting my 5 year driving licence, opening bank accounts, immigration for my retirement extension. sure there is more.

They are no longer accepted by government organisations ............ appears to be another Junta initiative.

(were never needed for bank accounts)

Happy to be proven wrong, buy a car and try to register it with a yellow book, or try to renew your d/l!

Done all of them with a yellow book used it last week at immigration as proof of residence when extending our retirement visa, no problems at all,

Land and houses bank will not open an a/c for you unless you have a WP or a yellow book that was the case last month at their tesco branch.So yes they are very us full and for me and my wife very easy to obtain.

I got mine from saraphi, no dramas at all, but my wife did most of the work, although i don't think it was a hassle in any way.

But what i've not really understood is when it can be useful. So far in over a year or two i can't recall using at all.

What are the advantages of having it?

a friend of mine just got his in Mai sot. Took months. He sent me the list of what you could do with it. Seamed like a lot of work for nothing. I mean really stuff like use your identity number on your drivers license instead of your passport number and stuff like that. So what. I see no gain in it. Perhaps an emotional feeling of security. Also make it easier to get a Thai citizenship. I guess it cuts a couple of years off that to get it down to the neighbor hood of maybe we will consider you in 5 or 6 years. Maybe3 if you are in a business it would help. Don't know about that.

Like LivinfLOS says it helps him in his wheeling and dealing.

LivinLOS

Edited by northernjohn

I don't know why people question it. It may be difficult to get in some places, but when you have it it removes a whole layer of bureaucracy as you are compatible with the system.

I am compatible with the system and don't have one. But I am on a retirement Visa and there fore have no business to worry about.

The ID on the drivers license is your passport number. Not sure if that can be used as a substitute for the immigration or embassy paper.

These papers cost usually 500B (or more at the embassy). That is for every single thing you do, open bank account, register car or bike...

Yellow book was easy in Phra Khanong, I know it is near to impossible in other places. That's why I'll just keep that BKK one and don't try to cancel it and apply locally. No need anyway, as someone (Thai) just has to be registered somewhere and not at the place where they live.

The ID on the drivers license is your passport number. Not sure if that can be used as a substitute for the immigration or embassy paper.

These papers cost usually 500B (or more at the embassy). That is for every single thing you do, open bank account, register car or bike...

Yellow book was easy in Phra Khanong, I know it is near to impossible in other places. That's why I'll just keep that BKK one and don't try to cancel it and apply locally. No need anyway, as someone (Thai) just has to be registered somewhere and not at the place where they live.

I don't know where Phra Khanong is but my friend in Mai Sia says any where with in about 60 mile of the border can be hard to get. When he finally got his they gave him back about half the papers they had earlier required.

Phra Khanong is in Bangkok smile.png. That's why I said I won't cancel it and try again to get a new one as they suggested.

A YTB is address specific. There is no cancellation. When you move to a new address you must go to the issuing amphur that your original YTB was issued by and request a transfer letter to your new address and new amphur. You present these documents to your new amphur and they will issue you with a new YTB with all your details applied. You will be instructed to return your original YTB to the old address as it is the only one that will be issued to that address and the next foreigner will be aded to that YTB. I have personally been through this.

Well, as I wrote earlier the Hang Dong district office told to cancel the existing yellow tabien baan and apply for a new one. TiT :). As I'm not willing to do that, and the house in BKK is ours, I don't give a sh*t. My car is registered with CNX plate to my BKK address, so there seems to be no problem.

There is no requirement to be registered as as Thai (or with a tabien baan) at the address you reside. That has nothing to do with the immigration notification.

Well, as I wrote earlier the Hang Dong district office told to cancel the existing yellow tabien baan and apply for a new one. TiT smile.png. As I'm not willing to do that, and the house in BKK is ours, I don't give a sh*t. My car is registered with CNX plate to my BKK address, so there seems to be no problem.

There is no requirement to be registered as as Thai (or with a tabien baan) at the address you reside. That has nothing to do with the immigration notification.

I'll disagree on the immigration part as a YTB is becoming more widely excepted as proof of address and in these changing times it stands a good chance of getting sticker. Saying that I have had my YTB for 8 years and beside using it for proof of address I have never had the opportunity to use it for DL or vehicle purchase. Your part about Hang Dongy district saying cancel it goes to show what I have always said ,no two amphora in Thailand have the same requirements for this document.

Edited by khwaibah

I 've visited a friend in Chumpae recently, he said they issued 3 yellow books in the whole last year. So if you have one, stick to it. It certainly helps with all kind of bureaucracy and it does not appear to get easier to get.

I 've visited a friend in Chumpae recently, he said they issued 3 yellow books in the whole last year. So if you have one, stick to it. It certainly helps with all kind of bureaucracy and it does not appear to get easier to get.

I agree but I would not go out of my way to get one now unless the government standardizes them and have the same requirements nation wide, this has never been done.

The government standard is that every Thai has to be registered somewhere in a blue tabien baan. So the same is valid for the yellow ones. 13 digits number, system compatible, done. That's different from our western world.