Any recent reports on yellow house books in CNX

LivinLOS

I am lead to believe this is very amphur dependent, some being 20b and easy, some being a major headache.. The one CNX reference I see put it as a total headache !!

I dont absolutely need one, but its a hassle to get residence letters from immigration, and as my landlord lives overseas sometimes I have to get creative when I want to do things like change my net package or the like. My landlord is totally helpful, and will be back in Thailand next month if that makes a difference. Tho its much better if I can do it without needing her presence.

Any reports ??

It's taken me about 3 weeks so far (although part of that delay was my wife forgetting to go in and sign something) - she finally remembered to go in 2 days ago at which point they said should be 2 more weeks as they had to send the documents off somewhere

My wife tells me you can use your local Tessaban - we are using the one in Chang Puak

Edited by narkeddiver

No currently in San Kampeang..

Stupidly I assumed I would be going to the Chiang Mai regional amphur (where they do passports etc) not the local level one. Thats an incorrect assumption ??

Incorrect you most use your amphur office in San Kampeang.

I'd love to know if anyone ever got one from the office in Nong Hoi. She got the better of me and the missus but only after I realised that I didn't need it anymore. Fortunately for some, a work permit sometimes is acceptable as proof of residence.

Collected my Yellow Book from Amphur Hang Dong today. 3 days since application and cost was nil ... err bottle of good stuff due to our Kamnan, not that he asked for it but wife says we have to be nice.

Process is simple if you have all docs and duplicate copies + 3 photos.

Collected my Yellow Book from Amphur Hang Dong today. 3 days since application and cost was nil ... err bottle of good stuff due to our Kamnan, not that he asked for it but wife says we have to be nice.

Hi Rob,

If it's not too much to ask can you please list the docs required. I am also out at Hang Dong.

Many thanks,

Dave

Wife had the list, available if you ask at the counter; but essentially:-

3 x photos

Passport main page + visa page(s)

2 x Thai witnesses, one a neighbour ;and the local PooYaiBan or Kamnan

Duplicate copies of all the following:-

Witness Tabian Ban & ID cards

Wifes Tabian Ban and ID card

Marriage doc

I think that was all. The Kamnan refused to accept any moolah despite having to wait an hour for our number to be called, a good man! Mine was one of 5 farang applications processed that day.

Pays to get to HD Amphur Office early, ~8.45 as queue is short. For the Blue Book, a week earlier, we were in and out in 10 mins.

Wife had the list, available if you ask at the counter; but essentially:-

3 x photos

Passport main page + visa page(s)

2 x Thai witnesses, one a neighbour ;and the local PooYaiBan or Kamnan

Marriage doc

I think that was all. The Kamnan refused to accept any moolah despite having to wait an hour for our number to be called, a good man! Mine was one of 5 farang applications processed that day.

Pays to get to HD Amphur Office early, ~8.45 as queue is short. For the Blue Book, a week earlier, we were in and out in 10 mins.

Rob, many thanks.

The first Yellow Book is much more difficult to get than any subsequent ones. I got my first Yellow Book when I was married and living in a village. I had to get the PooYaiBan to come to the amphur office and I only managed to get the Yellow Book because I had a Thai wife. After I got a divorce I moved to a different Amphur. I got the second Yellow Book by handing over the first one. I didn't have or need a Thai wife to get the second book.

I got mine from saraphi, no dramas at all, but my wife did most of the work, although i don't think it was a hassle in any way.

But what i've not really understood is when it can be useful. So far in over a year or two i can't recall using at all.

What are the advantages of having it?

I've got mine yesterday.

My condo is behind Big C extra on the super highway and my Amphur is the Amphur Muang which is located in the old city in the block behind (west) of the 3 kings monument and museum.

As I'm not working (retirement visa), I was given a list of 7 things to bring in.

1. residency letter

2. copy of passport

3. translation of passport into thai

4. 3 photographs

5. chanote of property

6. blue book

7. 1 thai witness with passport and a copy

When submitting the documents, I also got interviewed about this n that and then was given an appointment for 8 days later to pick up the yellow book.

Upon receiving it I had to pay a 100 baht fee.

So obviously, there are differencies depending on the Amphur one goes to.

Hope this is of any help.

I got mine from saraphi, no dramas at all, but my wife did most of the work, although i don't think it was a hassle in any way.

But what i've not really understood is when it can be useful. So far in over a year or two i can't recall using at all.

Once having a yellow book, there is no more need to get residency letters. Just show a copy of the yellow book.

So it saves time and money too.

What were the documents needed Rob the wife tells me no problem just my passport because she knows someone at teh Hang Dong however experience tells me best take the documents anyway :)

Cheers

@DiamondKing>

3 x photos

Passport main page + visa page(s) - [no translation req'd]

2 x Thai witnesses, one a neighbour ;and the local PooYaiBan or Kamnan - [he must witness your docs]

Marriage docs

CNX Immi Residency letter [original only]

For Sansai my wife and I did the following

As my wife and I are both British and "have bought our house" we had to supply the following to the Sansai district office

2 x forms signed by Thai witnesses, one a neighbour and the local PooYaiBan ( a must)

Copies of all the following:-

1. residency letter from immigration

2. copy of passport

3. translation of passport into thai

4. 3 photographs

5. chanote of property including importantly for us lease agreement for land

6. blue book

7. copies of the witness id card

All took about 10 days Sansai District office is next door to Sansai police station

Hoe this is of some help.

Once having a yellow book, there is no more need to get residency letters. Just show a copy of the yellow book.

Thanks, but i'm not sure i've ever needed a residency letter. What are they, and why/when are they needed?

I guess the documentation depends on location (as is always the case in Thailand ;) )

For me it was:

Residency letter (from immigration)

2 photos

Copy of passport

Copy of work permit

Chanot

Wife's tabien baan ( blue book)

Father in law as witness

Wife as witness

Job's a good'un

• 1 year later...

@DiamondKing>

3 x photos

Passport main page + visa page(s) - [no translation req'd]

2 x Thai witnesses, one a neighbour ;and the local PooYaiBan or Kamnan - [he must witness your docs]

Marriage docs

CNX Immi Residency letter [original only]

Rob did the 2 Thai Witnesses have to accompany you to hang dong office physically ?? Or did they merely have to sign forms and provide signed ID copies ??

Not any more.

There is no longer any point in getting a Yellow book in CM.

Not any more.

There is no longer any point in getting a Yellow book in CM.

Please explain mine has proved extremely useful. Buying a car and getting a blue book , getting my 5 year driving licence, opening bank accounts, immigration for my retirement extension. sure there is more.

Please explain mine has proved extremely useful. Buying a car and getting a blue book , getting my 5 year driving licence, opening bank accounts, immigration for my retirement extension. sure there is more.

They are no longer accepted by government organisations ............ appears to be another Junta initiative.

(were never needed for bank accounts)

Happy to be proven wrong, buy a car and try to register it with a yellow book, or try to renew your d/l!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

They are no longer accepted by government organisations ............ appears to be another Junta initiative.

(were never needed for bank accounts)

Happy to be proven wrong, buy a car and try to register it with a yellow book, or try to renew your d/l!

Yes they are it depends on where you live. The YTB has never been 100% endorsed by any Thai government and this has nothing to do with the present government.Some Thai government office do recognized them and some don't. As for a bank account it has never been required. I have my YTB for 9 years and as I said sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Thanks for bringing this old thread up. I have a yellow tabien baan from BKK, on the house we own. Was inquiring in Hang Dong what is needed to change. They said one needs to cancel the existing one and apply for a new tabien baan.

So no point of even spend time to think of it. My car is registered with CNX plate on my BKK address, so are my bank accounts. Thais don't need to register at their center of living location as it is in the western world.

It just serves as a proof of address, same as a paper from immigration or embassy.

Unless, of course, you are planning to apply for nationality or permanent residence.