language exchange

angelsephemera

www.mylanguageexchange.com and every dating site has some that just want to learn a language.

But if you are on site, I would pin a notice to a notice board in your area, or maybe (depends on your age), at the university.

That website is useless. If you want to actually contact someone or let them contact you, you have to subscribe.

• 7 months later...

I agree with Kriswillems about the message board at universities. Aditionally, I suggest you to find Thai friends to practice your Thai. If you live in Bkk, you can PM me because I know some Thai people who want to practice their English. I can share your message with them.

:)

I agree with Kriswillems about the message board at universities. Aditionally, I suggest you to find Thai friends to practice your Thai. If you live in Bkk, you can PM me because I know some Thai people who want to practice their English. I can share your message with them.

smile.png

would be interested in that too. even though I am still considering to sign up for another group course and go down as low as level 2 as I am lacking communication and may have forgotten a lot, particularly when it comes to my vocabulary.

strangely my Indonesian is near to fluent, though I never lived there full-time and had only one single 30 hours group-course, all the rest I learned by myself (same as with my Spanish).

I had several Thai courses though, and my Thai is still embarassingly poor, considering I am here already for quite a few years.....

Write a message and stick it at the message board at any university and just try.

My experience is that language exchange is usually a one way process.

The one with the strongest teaching skills will be teaching most of the time.

can you explain in a few words how to actually do that ? can you just enter a unversity builidng as you please ? not being stopped by security and treated like an intruder ?

how to find suitable message boards in a university / specific building ?

have to ask somebody to be able to attach pyour message there ?

thanks

Siam007,

Actually, it's not that hard to post your message on students' boards.

1) Find your target university and visit many faculties.

2) Survey the scenes and look for general boards where people post almost anything there.

3) Securely stick your message.

4) Done.

Good luck ^^