Cops closing GoGo Bars in Pattaya

Gsxrnz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When in Rome, do as the Americans do........

Equally fitting was The Roman Conquest of Great Britain.

The greeks never did get there...by the way

The Ancient Greeks may not have physically invaded Britain as an army, but their language, ideas, mythology and culture did; that influence continues, in a profound and lasting way.

That could be said of many cultures...but my point was only referring to a physical invasion...such as the Romans. thumbsup.gif

Edited by slipperylobster

Best thing to happen if they shut down all the bars in order that the Thai people could return to their traditional values. Give an opportunity to people who have kept traditional values to prosper.

History's wanton women "The journal of a 17th-century Austrian merchant offers a lopsided view of Siam's lewd ladies,"

I guess you want to go back further than 1600 AD to find those traditional values? cheesy.gif

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/07/23/lifestyle/lifestyle_30041864.php

In my grandfathers time Thailand was topless. Greg did you know that topless was the style of dress for traditional Thai women 70 years ago?

All those ladies at the go go are just following the family tradition. smile.png

Edited by thailiketoo

Who are the go go bars giving there brown envelopes to now that

The Pattaya Police chief is no longer around & his boss has been transfered ??

good news with luck the Thais might clean up the mess the US made of this wonderful country during there RnR visits way back.

Didn't take long for the anti-U.S. comments, did it? Perhaps we should have remained neutral 1941-45.

If you did, you would probably be speaking German or Japanese today.

BTW, i'm not anti anyone, just saying…...

it will soon be nobody's problem,

the areas are being cleansed, that way of life is over.

no one seems to get it,

this is a real military dictatorship, not one that is interim, or just between elections

there are no more elections,

wake up people

the whores are going home, or to jail, thats all of it, the mafia's the drug dealers, the sex peddlers, the ladyboys

Thailand as it was known a few weeks ago, is no more

Can`t wait to discover the "new" Thailand coffee1.gif ....................

When in Rome, do as the Americans do........

Equally fitting was The Roman Conquest of Great Britain.

The Ancient Greeks may not have physically invaded Britain as an army, but their language, ideas, mythology and culture did; that influence continues, in a profound and lasting way.

That could be said of many cultures...but my point was only referring to a physical invasion...such as the Romans. thumbsup.gif

Although off topic, the Ancient Greeks invaded land that was east of Europe( and went as far as

Afghanistan), due to their enemies being from Persia, they had no reason to invade Northern Europe.

Emster23: Q.

"Don't bother me with facts: I've already got my opinions" is phrase I came up with years ago, applies here

Really?! When was that precisely?

You sure you weren't paraphrasing Earl Landgrebe's " My mind's made up - don't confuse me with facts ".

Much better known than your attempt.

I wasn't going to comment but as this thread has descended into errant pedantry I couldn't resist.

R.S.V.P.

good news with luck the Thais might clean up the mess the US made of this wonderful country during there RnR visits way back.

Yeah, the Yanks are guilty of taking the women of London, Paris and Berlin during WW2. Seems they like them and the silk stockings and soap were an extrabiggrin.png . In all fairness, we left the lady boys for the Europeans in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Yanks are guilty of taking the women of London, Paris and Berlin during WW2. Seems they like them and the silk stockings and soap were an extrabiggrin.png . In all fairness, we left the lady boys for the Europeans in Pattaya.

Yes, indeed. Us Yanks took the majority of the good looking women back to the states with us following WWII. Unfortunately, that left the less attractive ladies for the local male population in the UK to reproduce with. Very unfortunate situation and one that I, as a Yank, apologize for.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Been around Bangkok today - many food/street stalls are missing...

No license - no stall?

No police to protect your Go-Go bar - No business.

Said it before... Good time to start from scratch.

In walking St. Pattaya there is a bar that had Thai dancing girls in tradition costume -

it was busy with punters, early on - not sure if they took their stuff off later though???

... I heard that San Fransico's Ladyboys were the founding ,er, Fathers of Pattaya??

• Like 1

Fair is fair. Aussies were the first in Pattaya. Tahitian Queen Pattaya's first go go opened 3 years after the Americans left Thailand in 1978. Sailors started visiting Thai ladies in 1624. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/07/23/lifestyle/lifestyle_30041864.php

Those damn Aussies... They were probably Aussie sailors too.. cheesy.gif

Pathetic, the gis were visiting the Thais offered the shit as they still do today ,,, get a life.

OK...it's an open topic eh?

I got warned about my opinions being too harsh.So i refer to the issue as salty ladies of the evening.

Prostitution is a tough subject. Well, it is big business here in Thailand. Big money and it simply exists because they like it.

So, I stay. It's nice looking at all the skirts. I think it might be a little over the top. But the gals actually encourage you to do that.

None of them are as poor as I was in New York....but viva la differance. Most are paying off mortages and car loans.

Hey...it's their choice....nobody forced them.

I disagree,

they were all forced in some manner in the beginning

some were able to block out what they do is all

others not so lucky

I would be interested to hear a review of a conversation with a bar and club owner or two down in Pattaya so we can hear what they are being told from the new sherriff's in town

many people believe it will be soon back to business as usual,

I think this is a long term takeover of the Thai people by the military, and it is likely to stay that way

• Like 1

I would be interested to hear a review of a conversation with a bar and club owner or two down in Pattaya so we can hear what they are being told from the new sherriff's in town

I think this is a long term takeover of the Thai people by the military, and it is likely to stay that way

Ask Mobi

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722555-mobis-the-new-bar-on-lake-mabprachan/page-8

Fair is fair. Aussies were the first in Pattaya. Tahitian Queen Pattaya's first go go opened 3 years after the Americans left Thailand in 1978. Sailors started visiting Thai ladies in 1624. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/07/23/lifestyle/lifestyle_30041864.php

Wait- you mean the Thais knew about naughty stuff (boom boom) before the evil, war mongering US GIs visited in the 1960s?

Those sailors in 1624 were US military, right? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

A well known bar manager attended a meeting with the police/navy yesterday and was told that although the curfew is supposed to be in place for the next 3 months, they would be trying to get dispensation for Pattaya and other tourist areas. Until then, the curfew would be strictly enforced.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

A well known bar manager attended a meeting with the police/navy yesterday and was told that although the curfew is supposed to be in place for the next 3 months, they would be trying to get dispensation for Pattaya and other tourist areas. Until then, the curfew would be strictly enforced.

Yes 3 months it is with Bars open between 3pm and Midnight only....... Any transgression and 30 Day Closures. Applies to all Bars including Soi 6 opening times etc. I might suggest if people obey the Curfew as opposed to pushing the boundaries the whole Curfew issue might well be removed somewhat quicker

Edited by Chivas

Yes 3 months it is with Bars open between 3pm and Midnight only....... Any transgression and 30 Day Closures. Applies to all Bars including Soi 6 opening times etc. I might suggest if people obey the Curfew as opposed to pushing the boundaries the whole Curfew issue might well be removed somewhat quicker

thank you

thank you

What were the previous published hours?

Didn't take long for the anti-U.S. comments, did it? Perhaps we should have remained neutral 1941-45.

I think you'll find the US entered WW2 not because the country suddenly developed a moral conscience about the rise of Fascism, but because the Japanese humiliated the US with their surprise attack on Pearl Harbour.

• Like 1