Cops closing GoGo Bars in Pattaya

Gsxrnz

Happened to be in Soi LK in pattaya at 2:30pm today and the cops are running around en masse telling all the GoGo bars that usually open at 2pm daily to shut down and they could open at 8pm tonight.

On the ride home I noticed many bars on Diana were also closed.

Hope it's not a sign of things to come.facepalm.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 1 should be going to agosgos at 230 anyways..............lol.

ps. I think closing agosgso @ 11pm or so is a good thing. The girls show up for work earlier. B efore the curfew they usually trickled in en masse @9pm. Now a lot are there @ 730.

Edited by choochoo

good news with luck the Thais might clean up the mess the US made of this wonderful country during there RnR visits way back.

very true, Im sure the ladies were much cheaper before the Americans came, they have a lot to answer for

Edited by slygeeza

Not sure if related but the alcohol bulk shops around me all closed for 2 days.

May be have something to do with no alcohol sales during certain hours and with the lack of leadership at Pattaya station and pressure from the army they enforcing the law

No 1 should be going to agosgos at 230 anyways..............lol.

Why not? Since the coup it's been nice having a greater choice during the afternoon. I don't see why the cops should be closing anything. "Daytime is playtime."

Edited by JSixpack

Pattaya was never an R&R destination; there may have been some GIs who came down from their R&R in Bangkok, or AF folks from Utapao, but Pattaya was never a major destination.

As was I and there were no GoGo bars then. I'm one of the AF folks from Utapao visiting. biggrin.png

I was in infantry in Vietnam and never got my R&R - a grenade got me a couple of weeks before I was scheduled to go, so my R&R was spent in a series of military hospitals...nowhere near as much fun as Thailand would have been...heh

good news with luck the Thais might clean up the mess the US made of this wonderful country during there RnR visits way back.

Place was dead during the Vietnam R&R days. I know I was in Thailand then.

When I arrived in Pattaya in 1978, there was only beach road and there were a few shops and a few thatched bungalows.

Place was dead during the Vietnam R&R days. I know I was in Thailand then.

When I arrived in Pattaya in 1978, there was only beach road and there were a few shops and a few thatched bungalows.

Americans left in 1975. American R&R for Vietnam troops was Bangkok.

• Like 1

US SERVICEMEN COULDN'T PURCHASE THINGS THAT WERE NOT ALREADY FOR SALE!

So don'T go hating on our GI's

Not hating. Only passing on bad information. Like American liberals.

• Like 2