Teak on ex-MP's land 'cleared'

webfact

Teak on ex-MP's land 'cleared'
Patinya Srisupamart
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Officials are preparing to release teak boards and logs found on a former MP's land in Chiang Mai last week back to their owner after they were shown to have been legally acquired.

The former MP is Yodchanan Wongsawat, son of former prime minister Somchai and a nephew of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Yodchana's mother Yaowapha is also an influential national politician.

Suthep Pavareswityaral, director of the Forest Resource Management Office 1, said yesterday that suspicion was aroused because the owner did not file a report to his office about moving the wood. "In fact, the owner must notify us," he said.

A local contractor, Sombat Phromsane, produced permits for transporting the wood, which he said he bought from a villager in Tak district and stored at the Wongsawat compound for four months, as he was planning to build a house with it. He said he borrowed the compound through his connection with a housemaid of Yaowapa.

Officials from Tak have already showed up to reassure authorities that the teak came from an old house in the western province. "The house was disassembled and transported out of Tak. I can testify to that," said Boonrak Fak-orn, an official whose mark is imprinted on the logs and boards.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-02

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why can't all you who came out gun's blazing and crying the shins this the shins that admit you judged and you were WRONG!!!

GEEZZZ not the first time huh?

the OP stated that all the documents were produced and still you cry foul, you make me laugh AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa

Because the fat lady has started singing yet. What about all the illegal wood found at Thaks sisters house. No way those logs came from a dilapidated house.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So why can't all you who came out gun's blazing and crying the shins this the shins that admit you judged and you were WRONG!!!

the OP stated that all the documents were produced and still you cry foul, you make me laugh AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa

Of course there's no question the documents were genuine, after all there's no such thing as fake, false or forged paperwork in LoS.

Sure questionable documents are used here often.

What I am saying is that some people here will try to find a problem were there isn't one, instead of concentrating on facts,

of course considering the high profile of the country and it former politicians that all investigations will be looked at in far greater detail.

Now just WHO declared the documents legit? and who made the claim that the wood was illegally acquired and the motive for doing so?

• Like 1

If you control the whole government, how difficult would it be to get a lowly government official on 20k a month to sign documents asserting that the logs came from an old house? Must be some carrots and sticks that can be applied.

• Like 1

Of course there's no question the documents were genuine, after all there's no such thing as fake, false or forged paperwork in LoS.

Not in this case.

An unabashed full-blown anti-Thaksin witchhunt has been green-lighted, so all documents would have gone over with a toothcomb for signs of anything non-kosher.

A few false accusations are unfortunate collateral damage.

I wish the Coup leaders could be more subtle about this pogrom - at least attempt to make it a bit less embarrassingly obvious!

• Like 1

Then this must be probably all correct.
But in Thailand one genuine document is often used for a variety of illegal operations.
There was actually this old teak house. Disassembled and equipped with offical documents.
The possible misuse of this authentic document for other illegal timber transports can not be excluded.
For example, how can a normal traffic cop know if the declared wood corresponds with the actual loaded timber?
The tracking systems here are not so sophisticated.
A residual doubt exists.
  • Like 1

The documents proving that large shipments of rice were exported to China are also beyond reproach because they were signed by a Commerce Minister, a deputy Commerce Minister and 13 senior bureaucrats in the Foreign Trade Department. LOL.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just part of the " I saw Rebecca Nurse dance with the devil" strategy. expect more to follow.

sunmunnaa

You starts fires, watch out for the smoke of all fires.

The documents proving that large shipments of rice were exported to China are also beyond reproach because they were signed by a Commerce Minister, a deputy Commerce Minister and 13 senior bureaucrats in the Foreign Trade Department. LOL.

But where is the money from them.