Mini Bus And Driver

steve_dench

My family and I are arriving in Thailand on 30 June. I want to hire a mini bus and driver for 3 days to visit my wifes family in Ayutthea and take them shopping / sight seeing etc. Previously we have stayed at "lower market" Sukhumvit hotels where it was easy to find one relatively cheaply.

Does any one know what the current rate should be? I don't mind paying the farang rate but cureent hotel is suggesting 4-5,000 Baht a day. nearly 3 times what I paid six years ago! Maybe I am out of touch.

My family and I are arriving in Thailand on 30 June. I want to hire a mini bus and driver for 3 days to visit my wifes family in Ayutthea and take them shopping / sight seeing etc. Previously we have stayed at "lower market" Sukhumvit hotels where it was easy to find one relatively cheaply.

Does any one know what the current rate should be? I don't mind paying the farang rate but cureent hotel is suggesting 4-5,000 Baht a day. nearly 3 times what I paid six years ago! Maybe I am out of touch.

How many do you want to seat?

As I had a taxi driver who had a 6 seater car that drove us to Singburi and return for 3000baht for the whole day - early start. He also speaks very good English and was very helpful.I can PM you the details if you like.

Makyai

The rate for 11 seaters van with driver is about 1,800 baht per day exclude petrol. If you have thai relative, they should know where to hire the van.

My relatives would not have a clue about hiring vehicles. Power to the house comes via an extension cord from the grandparents house. They do not know that we are coming yet. Any contact names and or numbers would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

//email removed//

http://www.montri.co.th/

Try Montri Transport too... not sure about the price... but they're good..

I am looking for a mini bus and driver for 1st and 2nd July initially. I am staying 3 weeks, will need more days when plans are made with family for day trips i.e. Songklabhuri or Pattaya. We wamt to do something with neices and nephew who have never had a holiday.

Montri are asking 1800 baht plus petrol, whichis good. However they charge 200baht per hour after 10 o'clock at night.

Previously driver slept in his vehicle and we fed him or he slept on verandah. Anybody know a driver for possible overnight trips?

//email removed//

Will try Thairentacar when we get there. Still trying to book for first day through Montri. They require 900Baht deposit (costs nearly that to transfer funds). Trying to get friend in Bangkok to pay deposit so that we can maintain surprise factor in visit.

Just had to rebook on internet because they cannot find the booking.

Hope all works out well. Thanks everyone for your help.

Steve

Hi Steve, go to Highway Car rental at the Corner of Rama IV and North Sathorn, they got van (Toyota) for 3,000-4,000 baht /day with driver. Good luck....Mahardlek

Hi Steve, go to Highway Car rental at the Corner of Rama IV and North Sathorn, they got van (Toyota) for 3,000-4,000 baht /day with driver. Good luck....Mahardlek

That appears to be a very high price. Normal rental is under 2,000 baht per day with driver, plus fuel, in my experience.

I received the following email from Thai Rent A Car. This seems more than reasonable

Sent : Tuesday, 27 June 2006 5:20:51 PM

Subject : Quotation

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your kind interest to hiring the mini van whit Thai Rent A Car.

Please find the rate of mini van (we only have daily rate.)

Toyota New Commuter

Bangkok Upcountry

Weekday 1,350 1,620

Weekend 1,800 2,000

Toyota Super Wagon

Bangkok Upcountry

Weekday 1,350 1,620

Weekend 1,800 2,000

Benz Vito

Bangkok Upcountry

Weekday 2,250 2,700

Weekend 2,700 3,200

Volk Caravelle

Bangkok Upcountry

Weekday 3,960 4,950

Weekend 4,400 5,500

These prices include driver but exclude gas, toll way, or any expend.

Driver working hour 07.00am - 08.00pm.

Overtime is at THB45 per hour.

Overnight charge THB400 per night.

Thank you and regards,

Anuchit

In principle the day rate for old type of Toyota Commuter is THB 1500.- plus expense.

New commuter VIP go for THB 1,800.-.

If you/Family can speak thai I can PM you our contacts,they own 10 new van's and we normally also rent from them.

Van's are new,VIP with TV/DvD.

Do not bother with Montri, they are good , but do not like to hire over weekends.

• 2 months later...

Try Nit 01 284 2813

He speaks English. His rate used to be 1,500 plus fuel. He works all day no supplements. He has plenty of work in the high season.

His van is 3-4 years old in great condition. Last time I saw him he was based in Pattaya. He comes from Phichit.