Does anyone on here actually enjoy the heat?

Pattaya Pat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the sweating that I dislike. Sometimes I feel I shouldn't be sweating so much for how hot it really is. Obviously that's really about the humidity, but it does annoy me not to be able to do simple things without rolls of liquid tickling my back.

• Like 1

In my experience I've always found that people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple..

Being hot/sweating is a not a comfortable or pleasant experience in any way....the exception maybe if you fancy half hour on the beach or by the pool, but that's about it IMO..

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I must admit, I've acclimatised.

But I've also dropped 10 kgs and that has helped.

Pat, are you a + size fella?

Not trying to be smart ... just asking.

No, I'm not, I'm just under 6ft and 90 kgs, so around 5kgs over, just hate this heat.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

In my experience I've always found that people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple..

Being hot/sweating is a not a comfortable or pleasant experience in any way....the exception maybe if you fancy half hour on the beach or by the pool, but that's about it IMO..

Oh, and freezing your toes off is pleasant. "people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple.." Really?

• Like 2

Oh, and freezing your toes off is pleasant. "people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple.." Really?

I don't think I said that did I.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

You did say that people that enjoy the heat are simple, didn't you. My brother spent 20 years in Kiruna where temperatures drop to -45 and there is no daylight for months; I know what I prefer. But each to their own.

You did say that people that enjoy the heat are simple, didn't you. My brother spent 20 years in Kiruna where temperatures drop to -45 and there is no daylight for months; I know what I prefer. But each to their own.

You do realise that the 2 weather types don't have to be mutually exclusive don't you.

I must admit, I've acclimatised.

But I've also dropped 10 kgs and that has helped.

Pat, are you a + size fella?

Not trying to be smart ... just asking.

No, I'm not, I'm just under 6ft and 90 kgs, so around 5kgs over, just hate this heat.

Pat, have ran out of likes for the day ... thanks for replying ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It is a bit too hot right now I think, saw some young Russians at Beach road today and even if I don't understand Russian I was sure they were complaining about the heat between them, the dude's shirt was soaked like he been in a shower in it, he-he.

The temp sensor in my truck showed 35 deg.C a shot while ago when we picked my son up from school, I prefer around 30, thank you very much.

I don't like cold temps anymore and rather sweat it out in the hot month here and then enjoy the rest of the year where the temp is mostly pleasant.

• Like 1

I think Thailand would be a lot nicer if the temperature was around 5-8 degrees cooler all year, day and night. Or if the humidity was much lower as it's really the humidity I notice rather than the heat.

But given that it isn't I just have the aircon running slowly all the time to dry the air a little and bring the temperature down by just a few degrees (except during that cool spell we had in Jan/Feb, when for once the temperature here was just about right).

• Like 1

What I mind the most is the humidity. I came from Northern California and it is a desert climate. The temps get to over 40 sometimes, but it is much more comfortable there most of the year. Also I have found that the heat isn't so bad if it cools off a lot at night, but here it still feels too hot no matter what time of night it is.

• Like 1

You should've done some research before you arrived ,like who would live in a hot country & sit moaning about it all day?

You know where the airport is don't you whistling.gif

Hahahahaha.

I wondered how long it would be before 'you know where the airport is' brigade would turn up.

*cringe*

• Like 2

You should've done some research before you arrived ,like who would live in a hot country & sit moaning about it all day?

You know where the airport is don't you whistling.gif

Hahahahaha.

I wondered how long it would be before 'you know where the airport is' brigade would turn up.

*cringe*

I was obviously taking the pishwink.png ,but it is nice & cool in swampy.

Unfortunately I have inherited a bone joint disease called Psoriatic Arthritis. It means drugs or heat for me to be out of pain..........Soooooooooooooo, I am a happy bunny at the mo..............thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You seriously imagine that anyone here is surprised by the heat? I'm certainly not. But just because I knew about it in advance doesn't mean that I have to like it. And just because I comment on it doesn't mean that I'm moaning.

Many factors influenced my choice of here as a place to live and the downside of the excessive heat is a minimal problem for me as I have aircon.

• Like 2