Crackdown on illegal beauty clinics in Thailand

webfact

Seems to make sense. There are lots of unqualified charlatans performing medical procedures in "beauty clinics" who rely on paying off the BiB and health officials, none of whom could care less what damage is done to the health of naive customers by these criminals. Time to lock them up along with the bent cops and health officials who profited from the charlatan businesses.

You're halfway there.

As the OP points out, the way to accomplish your last sentence is to conduct investigations to root out malefaction all up and down the network. And who is better qualified to do that than the police department and the ministry of public health?

I hope by this point no one is misinformed on why this crackdown is needed after so many previous crackdowns? And why the next crackdown will also be needed?

Wait till they start clamping down on all the bars and clubs who don't have licences either wink.png

Why wait.... and you should write "that" do not have licenses. Without the "either" also..and from a Scotsman too....clap2.gif ..

post-86291-0-88804600-1401946866_thumb.j

Edited by harada

Seems to make sense. There are lots of unqualified charlatans performing medical procedures in "beauty clinics" who rely on paying off the BiB and health officials, none of whom could care less what damage is done to the health of naive customers by these criminals. Time to lock them up along with the bent cops and health officials who profited from the charlatan businesses.

Going in the right direction but it is not criminals that are the problem, it is ignorance and lack of regulation.

A friend of mine has a Thai wife who is a hairdresser and she has the lease on the hair salon in one of Pattaya's prestigious hotels. With the ever increasing costs she introduced some beauty services to the salon and this year she tried to get the staff to take on Botex injections. Fortunately my friend found out and put his foot down. He has cut off further funding and the lease will end when it comes up for renewal.

Any move to cut out this kind of activity should be welcomed but the real solution lies in regulation.

Thailand's going to hell in a basket and the nation is worried about this ...

Sometimes you really couldn't make this stuff up.

In fact, this is part of what Thailand needs, to prevent it from, as you put it, "going to hell in a basket."

Goes to show that the Military Junta, is taking positive action on many fronts, to provide the country with a, Total Rescue Package.

I believe these are medical type clinics as opposed to the beauty/hair cutting salons.....probably not a bad thing safety wise......

Yes - I believe there are some officials that might be pretty worried now about their previous oversights and ventures for personal gain.....good...

I think that you hit the nail on the head. I remember a case last year or so where a young woman was given some sort of injection that was suppose to act as a filler to shape her hips, and it killed her. The person who gave the injection had worked at a clinic for a few months and thought he could do the same thing and make a killing.

In fact, this is part of what Thailand needs, to prevent it from, as you put it, "going to hell in a basket."

Goes to show that the Military Junta, is taking positive action on many fronts, to provide the country with a, Total Rescue Package.

Why do you think the military has anything to do with this, especially since we are all commenting on an OP which *specifically* and carefully (and I might add, credibly) claims the military has nothing to do with it?

With every post like the above we are getting deeper and deeper into conspiracy land, where "they" control everything and know everything and cause everything. Just remember, if "they" cause everything, then they cause all the bad stuff, too. They caused the corruption between a driver and a policeman I saw this morning. THAT was the military junta in action. Right?

I got extra chocolate in my milkshake last night, this military regime is okay by me!!

Oh yeah? Well the wind knocked down my satellite dish in the storm last night. That never happened when Thaksin was prime minister. The military SUCKS!

The Ministry of Public Health is not only capable of ordering a crackdown on clinics. It has done so many times, and never has asked the military once. The last time it did it was yesterday.

The military, on the other hand, has no idea about clinics and never, in its entire history, has issued a single order about them, including a crackdown on the illegal ones.

Do I need any licence if I want to open a "clinic" for hair removal with IPL or tattoo removal with laser? I emailed the ministry of health and didn't get any answer. Do I need to hire a thai nurse? I do have few years experience on how to run these machines. Been using those for private use (family & friends) here in Europe.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app