buying new pick up

WHOA WHOA WHOA.....DON'T BUY THE FORD OR MAZDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL BE SORRY THE FIRST TIME YOU NEED SERVICE OR IF YOU EVER NEED PARTS FOR YOUR FORD / MAZDA.

I CAN OFFER FIRST HAND TESTIMONY ON THIS.

BUY THE TOYOTA. BETTER QUALITY....LONGER LIFE....BETTER SERVICE.....BETTER SUPPLIER BASE.

OR

DON'T LISTEN TO ME AND BUY THE FORD....YOU WILL BE SORRY.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA WHOA WHOA.....DON'T BUY THE FORD OR MAZDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL BE SORRY THE FIRST TIME YOU NEED SERVICE OR IF YOU EVER NEED PARTS FOR YOUR FORD / MAZDA.

I CAN OFFER FIRST HAND TESTIMONY ON THIS.

BUY THE TOYOTA. BETTER QUALITY....LONGER LIFE....BETTER SERVICE.....BETTER SUPPLIER BASE.

OR

DON'T LISTEN TO ME AND BUY THE FORD....YOU WILL BE SORRY.

A) why are you shouting

B. depends which Ford dealer you go to for your servicing, I am coming up for my 8th service on my Ranger and have had no issues with service !!

Calm down, have a bowl of popcorn and smile like you mean it :)

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 1

Open Cab Ford the only way to fly. I bought a Ford in 1999 and drove it 400,000 kms without an engine issue. Something around 260,000 kms on my present Ford 4 x 4. The new ones are even better

I wanted the most reliable 4x4 on the market so I bought the latest model Toyota (has 2 airbags) 6 months ago (in my Thai wife's name due to financing). 750,000THB, about a third down, 5 year loan. I went with the 2.5 litre because, since being revamped, it has nearly the torque of the 3.0 litre and I didn't need to spend another 100,000THB for a navigator screen and rear camera. With the Toyota I get the added benefits mentioned by others above. New models of any make can be iffy as it can take a couple of years or so to work out the bugs.

• Like 1

On a sober note if I was buying another truck I'd go Nissan Navara at the mo but maybe a later one will try to look like a car as well.

Also I don't understand about Fords, have 5 people I know who have them, different year models and they have had no trouble at all, what's it all about.

• Like 1

Just back from a great meal with friends we are visiting in Trang, red wine was fine. Nothing drunk 'V8 Rules' when I last posted. But happy to get a least a pint should we meet!

Just feeling good as my darling wife was all suay and sitting next to me waiting to leave for the restaurant. I just wanted to finish the TV post before we left. Surprised you can't say "Syhte" though !

Have fun, got to go.

My BIL who is a motoring expert (so the family says) does not recommend the Toyota because the brakes are too good. His friend was driving a Toyota and was forced to brake hard, someone ran into the back of him and broke his neck.

Mind you in the past two years he has run out of gas three times when I have been with him, been involved in two fatal accidents in the same week (the second was a cow) and happily drove with a cooling fan that had shed a blade.

Took his advice and bought an Isuzu and cannot fault it.

Bought a Nissan, the air conditioning was too cold and strong despite the hot weather. Caused my drink to become too cold, so when I drank it the first time, I immediately puked it out and it splashed all over the windshield. Then suddenly I couldn't see the road and crashed.

Another time when I stepped on the accelerator because the engine had too much torque, my tea spilled all over the seats, so I immediately had to wipe the seats and not focus on the road, then I crashed again.

LOL

• Like 1

My BIL who is a motoring expert (so the family says) does not recommend the Toyota because the brakes are too good. His friend was driving a Toyota and was forced to brake hard, someone ran into the back of him and broke his neck.

Mind you in the past two years he has run out of gas three times when I have been with him, been involved in two fatal accidents in the same week (the second was a cow) and happily drove with a cooling fan that had shed a blade.

Took his advice and bought an Isuzu and cannot fault it.

Do not get Toyota! new model is coming out next year i believe, so you would be "outdated"

Do you know when next year the new model will be out??

No sorry , but recall reading a thread here with a sneak preview of a car

Most oil companies in the world rely on Toyota hilux/vigo.

They proved to be perfectly suitable for working in remote/desert locations under harsh conditions.

I've never seen a mitsu, ford, mazda around....

For the new model :

http://fullcarsreview.com/2015-toyota-hilux-full-review-specs-features-quality/

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

As a Navara owner (well the bank stills owns it and it's in my mrs name but I pay and drive it) I will say I love the 3.2 wildtrak in all Black. There is not a better looking truck around.

If I was buying one however, I would by the Mazda 3.2 4x4 cause it's a better deal. You can find a 2nd hand one for seven hundred thousand ++ in mint condition. Not many around like the WT.

Drove a Chevy and didn't excite me rather the styling didn't. Isuzu is ok, prefer the top the range non v cross version.

Now we have a new Navara coming soon and Toyota in the months / years ahead which will change the market.

I bought the 3.2 4x4 mazda. I like the look of the Ford better but it was 10% dearer and there was a 1 year waiting list. Mazda were good to deal with but kept forgetting things and I had to go back to the show room about 12 times to close the deal and get everything right. The 3.2 seems about right for passing and I would hate to trade down to a 2.2- just sounds too little for a heavy truck.

I drove at 2.2 mazda and was surprised by how much get up and go it had - probably due to the transmission I suspect. I imagine your 3.2 goes very nicely.

At least with the 2.2 Mazda one don't have to worry about finding fake 3.2 badges to replace the 2.2 on the front fenders when suffering litre envy like those of your extended family.

Edited by bkkjames

Mazda BT-50 HI-RACER 4 door. Superb pick up. Vitually the same as the Ford, but much better value for money and a nicer (in my opinion) interior. Just done 26,000km with no problems. No rattles, ill fitting panels etc. I was getting 7.2l/100km fuel consumption then recently fitted a Carryboy Sport Lid GMX and I am now getting 6.9l/100km. Very comfortable, drives like a car with perfectly weighted steering and no body roll.

18,000Thb fully comp insurance and 3,800Thb tax (if you own the car, ie have the blue book and not lease or rent)

I have driven most of the other trucks and I am glad I bought the Mazda. The Isuzu would have been my 3rd choice after the Ford. Maybe the new Nissan and Toyota might be good and that's what I would expect anyway, but I don't have any complaints about the Mazda and that 2.2l engine has plenty of power, so don't worry about that.

Let us know what you decide.

No one got a Tata.smile.png

I couldn't find a Tata to test drive. I wanted to bring it to my village to see the reaction of everyone, especially my TGF. Best way to find out if that love is real.

By the way, how do you post those funny moticon thingys? Any help kindly appreciated.

Im also thinking about buying a new pick up. Later this morning Im going to have a GOOD look at the ISUZU 4 door, If I can con mrs Jessi into parting with some of HER money I might just go for a MU7.guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif

No one got a Tata.smile.png

I couldn't find a Tata to test drive. I wanted to bring it to my village to see the reaction of everyone, especially my TGF. Best way to find out if that love is real.

By the way, how do you post those funny moticon thingys? Any help kindly appreciated.

Up top click on 'smiley' smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.png

Don't think it can be used on a phone type thingy.

Drove the small tata and it was a good little truck but the heat from the engine being next to to drive seat was something the air-con couldn't cope with.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

I bought an Isuzu DMax 2.5L 4 door Xtreme version end of 2010... service is a bit disappointing (window motor was not covered under warranty as well as alarm system with some issues), but the truck is superb!

I bought an Isuzu DMax 2.5L 4 door Xtreme version end of 2010... service is a bit disappointing (window motor was not covered under warranty as well as alarm system with some issues), but the truck is superb!

That sounds strange................whistling.gif

• Like 1