Whats up with Thai ladies getting married to much older men?

michaeltheR

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know an old Korean War vet who was in failing health but did not have enough to pay for nursing, and he didn't want to go into a "retirement home." He went to the Philippines and married a nurse. He brought her to the US. THey had a very practical arrangement. I don't even know if they slept together, but they were certainly friendly and joked around together. She took great care of him. It was understood that she was getting a green card out of the situation and would inherit his house and whatever he had left. As a nurse, she was also able to find a job pretty easily.

He was happy, she seemed happy, so who cares? I haven't seen him for at least 6 or 7 years, so I don't know what is going on now. He was in bad health, so he may have already passed, and if his wife got set up in the US as a result of marrying him, she also gave him the final years he wanted.

if one takes out all cultural influence in this situation and substitutes instead, the human experience,

then this is what we are here for,

to help each other, how we can, for the benefit of both, and humanity as a whole.

This may be the best example of human dignity of experience as I have read on TV in regards to the male female equation

Most, if not all, Thai women who are good looking and have a foreign partner 20+ years older will be shagging a Thai man behind their back, fact.

absolute nonsense

I wish I knew why people spoke so poorly of the fidelity of thai women,'

the one's I met and became friendly with all wanted true love,

it would seem against their own interests and with the numbers stacked against that, to screw that up, IF and when found

Never feel sad for a Thai man in his fifties living alone,, he figured it out years ago! as for the older gentleman who have acquired a much younger bride/GF all they have found is someone who Is genuinely interested in being the recipient of the superannuation /life insurance policy, because the pretty young things still go behind there husbands /bf back to get the service they need, and with the coin they get they can treat there stud to a few things which give them power and save a lot of face! if a senior gentleman really believes that his much younger wife really loves him for who he is believes in his values and respects him, he is more delusional than previously expected, however if he is happy to know the truth he just puts up with it calls himself lucky and prepares to die..she is of course trying to hurry him along...they say that it is love! more like the love of money I will believe it is only true love when a younger lady stands by her man when he is penniless, and I have yet to see that!

Whats it like being a sad person ,with nothing to look forward to ,except the sort of thoughts you have? must be tough.

what's it like to be sad person,, I don't know you would have ask someone who is sad!.and what do I look forward to..well I live In a beachside apartment overlooking the best surf breaks in the world,,i like playing with my grandson in the water. I look forward to my upcoming travel which will include a stopover in Bangkok I look forward to banging my girlfriend when she comes over and I love my daughter in laws thai cooking ,mate if you cant handle the above truths about what I said,, simple, prove me wrong!. lived in asia worked in asia.travelled and worked around the world. and have seen so many train wrecks concerning large age differences and what it is about them that keeps them together and what ultimately drives them apart and often to the gentlemans ending. is what has based my opinion on ,you don't have to like it. and I don't care if you do or don't.and as for the sort of thoughts I have.. well let me put it this way there very naughty but fun, when you come out of Disneyland and the make believe world you live in you will realize you have not transferred the way you feel onto me.must be tough knowing the only thing keeping your wife by your side is the wallet in your back pocket.

personally, I am a little confused, mostly, because I do not know your story, but,

I am one of those persons who believes that a man who has lived a life which is worthy of retelling, is worth listening to.

I had a 22 year difference w the girl I was with,

in many ways, she was almost another daughter, as she is 32, my daughter 26.

I treated her in a fatherly manner it seems as her own father ran off when she was 7.

her older brother

who became the man of the house, was murdered when she was 18.

that left a life changing scar on her heart that can only be filled with love,

I left when I realized, that her desire to be with me, was in direct conflict with her desiire to be married and have children of her own,

no matter how many times she told me that it was ok, it would be w/e I wanted,

I was old enough and wise enough, to know better, and let her go.

We are still in touch, and I would love to see her again, but, I do not see myself returning any time soon and would rather allow time to determine not only my own fate, but Thailand's as a severe recession is on hand, at a time when inflation there has taken root,

I only see pain there, even though it is not readily apparent to many

Never feel sad for a Thai man in his fifties living alone,, he figured it out years ago! as for the older gentleman who have acquired a much younger bride/GF all they have found is someone who Is genuinely interested in being the recipient of the superannuation /life insurance policy, because the pretty young things still go behind there husbands /bf back to get the service they need, and with the coin they get they can treat there stud to a few things which give them power and save a lot of face! if a senior gentleman really believes that his much younger wife really loves him for who he is believes in his values and respects him, he is more delusional than previously expected, however if he is happy to know the truth he just puts up with it calls himself lucky and prepares to die..she is of course trying to hurry him along...they say that it is love! more like the love of money I will believe it is only true love when a younger lady stands by her man when he is penniless, and I have yet to see that!

Whats it like being a sad person ,with nothing to look forward to ,except the sort of thoughts you have? must be tough.

what's it like to be sad person,, I don't know you would have ask someone who is sad!.and what do I look forward to..well I live In a beachside apartment overlooking the best surf breaks in the world,,i like playing with my grandson in the water. I look forward to my upcoming travel which will include a stopover in Bangkok I look forward to banging my girlfriend when she comes over and I love my daughter in laws thai cooking ,mate if you cant handle the above truths about what I said,, simple, prove me wrong!. lived in asia worked in asia.travelled and worked around the world. and have seen so many train wrecks concerning large age differences and what it is about them that keeps them together and what ultimately drives them apart and often to the gentlemans ending. is what has based my opinion on ,you don't have to like it. and I don't care if you do or don't.and as for the sort of thoughts I have.. well let me put it this way there very naughty but fun, when you come out of Disneyland and the make believe world you live in you will realize you have not transferred the way you feel onto me.must be tough knowing the only thing keeping your wife by your side is the wallet in your back pocket.

personally, I am a little confused, mostly, because I do not know your story, but,

I am one of those persons who believes that a man who has lived a life which is worthy of retelling, is worth listening to.

I had a 22 year difference w the girl I was with,

in many ways, she was almost another daughter, as she is 32, my daughter 26.

I treated her in a fatherly manner it seems as her own father ran off when she was 7.

her older brother

who became the man of the house, was murdered when she was 18.

that left a life changing scar on her heart that can only be filled with love,

I left when I realized, that her desire to be with me, was in direct conflict with her desiire to be married and have children of her own,

no matter how many times she told me that it was ok, it would be w/e I wanted,

I was old enough and wise enough, to know better, and let her go.

We are still in touch, and I would love to see her again, but, I do not see myself returning any time soon and would rather allow time to determine not only my own fate, but Thailand's as a severe recession is on hand, at a time when inflation there has taken root,

I only see pain there, even though it is not readily apparent to many

not to mention your previously stated contempt for the culture and the people

Most, if not all, Thai women who are good looking and have a foreign partner 20+ years older will be shagging a Thai man behind their back, fact.

I think you are mixing with the wrong sort of Thai woman.

• Like 2

Let me check the ABC's Fact Check Unit ... http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck/

I have your answer. Fact Check replies that while the statement could be, in part true, to make a statement along the lines of "most if not all" may, on probability, not be true.

• Like 1

Let me check the ABC's Fact Check Unit ... http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck/

I have your answer. Fact Check replies that while the statement could be, in part true, to make a statement along the lines of "most if not all" may, on probability, not be true.

juuuuuuuuuuuust as i suspected

absolute nonsense

I wish I knew why people spoke so poorly of the fidelity of thai women,'

the one's I met and became friendly with all wanted true love,

it would seem against their own interests and with the numbers stacked against that, to screw that up, IF and when found

depends on the definition of "good looking"... really "good looking" girls by thai standards (i.e. young, fair skinned, with nice boobs and slim body) have many guys (of every nationality) chasing them

but i agree there are thousands (maybe millions) of +25 years old, +50kg, "tanned" girls (maybe good looking through our farang eyes) who are desperate for absolutely any guy to love them (and will love that guy almost unconditionally)

• Like 1

I agree with you young guys when you talk about young lovely girls being with old fat ugly guys for only money. I have seen this also and it even makes me wonder. But there are many guys in their fifties and sixties who still are good looking and in shape. As some of us age we become smarter about life, kinder to people, and just more fun to be with. The main thing guys look for in a relationship with a lady is how young and beautiful she is. Ladies may like young handsome guys but many will only have a relationship with them if they can provide all the other things , security, kindness, respect etc ...

Now take an older guy who still looks good and in shape and has all of the other things that ladies look for....

Not saying all older guys have so much to offer but there are some that do and they can almost have their pick of single girls.... Some things get better with age.

I agree with a lot of what you say ttthailand, but I have a problem with being seen with much younger women. There is a perception that an older guy with a younger woman is paying for her services, and that's an image that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Like you, I'm in good shape, exercise daily, lift weights three times a week, no fat or beer gut, dress well, look good, financially on easy street, but the perception of others is not one I'm happy with. Perhaps I should care less what others think, but I don't, and can't, and that may be my loss.

I've spent a lot of time in Asia, lived in several Asian countries, sampled the delights, and may still make the move soon, but I'll be taking up with an older woman, to about 15 years my junior, but probably no more. My ideal is a woman similar to myself, no fat, attractive, professional/career woman (retired OK), sharp dresser, smart, good conversationalist, OK financially, and a good command of English. I've seen enough of old western guys talking pidgin to local girls, thinking they're cool in their baggy shorts and singlets.

Edited by F4UCorsair

who has time to notice, let alone assume what other people are thinking?

who even notices other people when you are with A GIRL two decades younger, or more beside or across from you?

I am thinking, of nothing and nobody else, other than being with her and getting on with what we want, not others and their troubles

who even notices other people when you are with A GIRL two decades younger, or more beside or across from you?

I am thinking, of nothing and nobody else, other than being with her and getting on with what we want, not others and their troubles

I do, and I make the assumption, perhaps wrongly, that others also do.

I notice when a western man is with a much younger girl, and I think, "Another grubby old man paying for sex".

Maybe you're an exception, wear blinkers, or just blind??

I notice when a western man is with a much younger girl, and I think, "Another grubby old man paying for sex".

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Some day you too will become a man and put away childish things.

Everybody pays. Everybody hurts.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

It happens that rich Thai men are after young Thai girls as 'mia noi' so old foreigners only take what is remaining

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Caviar’s fragrance

Fresh caviars possess a fresh ocean scent, which reflects the freshness of the eggs. Imitation caviars do not have this characteristic since they strongly retain the fishy scent.

Beluga caviars are the most expensive among the caviar types. The high price of the caviar can be attributed to the rareness of the Beluga sturgeons in the Caspian Sea. (Currently, only 100 Beluga sturgeons can be caught in the Caspian Sea every year.

Fresh caviars possess a fresh ocean scent, which reflects the freshness of the eggs. Imitation caviars do not have this characteristic since they strongly retain the fishy scent.

http://www.caviar-guide.com/Caviar-Rating.htm

The above is an allegory.

Edited by thailiketoo

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

You're defending your position? Are you a grubby old man?

I am speaking for adult men in general. As a grown up I know everybody pays. Tis you who have classified anyone who pays for sex as a grubby old man.

When I was a child I was upset that my father left me for so long each day. When I became an adult I realized he had to go to work. Same thing.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I am speaking for adult men in general. As a grown up I know everybody pays. Tis you who have classified anyone who pays for sex as a grubby old man.

When I was a child I was upset that my father left me for so long each day. When I became an adult I realized he had to go to work. Same thing.

"Tis you who have classified anyone who pays for sex as a grubby old man. "

No I did not. I classed old men paying for sex with young girls/women as grubby old men.

Incidentally, I see a vast difference between wining and dining a woman and being picked up in a bar and paying for sex upstairs or out the back of the bar. You may not, for which I don't condemn you, but it does mystify me.

clearly, you need to close your eyes.

or

you are too old and not blessed with great love making sklls

so you couldnt keep a young pretty girl, no matter what you pay her

face it brother,

money can only open their legs so long,

in the end, they want to enjoy themselves and they can't if the guy is both unattractive and unskilled

there is always someone else in the wings that is a better lover and has more money

"money can only open their legs so long,"

We agree. Money can only open their legs for so long, and more money does it for longer, but inevitably they will drift off.

Put it simply, if you were 25, would you be interested in having sex with a pruney old 65 yo woman, with a beer gut, and stinking of cigarettes? Probably not.

If she was paying you to do so, would you be interested. Possibly, depending on what else was available at the time.

Would you continue doing it? I'd say definitely not because someone more your age, and much more attractive would become available.

If paying for young girls is your 'thing', and replacing them with similar when they find a younger, more virile guy, I don't see a problem for you. It's not my thing, and I'd be uncomfortable and embarrassed to be seen with a woman much younger than me because others would know I'd be paying. Rightly or wrongly, but I'd suggest mostly rightly, it's what I think when I see old guys with young Asian women.

Edited by F4UCorsair

"Tis you who have classified anyone who pays for sex as a grubby old man. "

No I did not. I classed old men paying for sex with young girls/women as grubby old men.

Incidentally, I see a vast difference between wining and dining a woman and being picked up in a bar and paying for sex upstairs or out the back of the bar. You may not, for which I don't condemn you, but it does mystify me.

I have wined and dined women and I have picked up women in a bar. No difference. You can't comment because you have never been in a bar in Thailand. Old men pay for sex and young men pay for sex; there is nothing grubby about it and the only difference is the age of the men.

• Like 1