Chonburi private school admits preschoolers served two bites of lunch

Lite Beer

Nah -- the school lied.

Sorry, no vegetables?

What a crock it's enough for little ones. A total crock.

Meat, rice, water and one cookie is not a nutritious meal. No way. No how. The school flunked....but I forgot...everyone passes here.

sad.png

Meat, rice, water and one cookie is not a nutritious meal.

Erm..... Yes it is, very well balanced in protein, carbs, hydration, energy.

I take it you are NOT a nutritionist.

NO. It is NOT nutritious. Giving a 2 year old a cookie, ie carbohydrate based on wheat and sugar with a few chemical additives is STUPID. It is not the role of a school to be providing crap or to facilitate access to it. If parents want to give it, that's another matter.

Agree , replace tha bloody cookie for a piece of frute or veggies

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More photos on :

http://pantip.com/topic/32151744

All these photos were made before the children started to eat.

The children also never get pork in this school because pork meat is too expensive according to the school.

They only get chicken pieces (leftovers, not steak or a whole piece).

The brown ball you see is a rambutan.

http://f.ptcdn.info/759/019/000/1401955432-1044292810-o.jpg

The students on the photo are students in the international program of the school. Price per term : 27000B

If I would be a parent, I would visit the school during lunch time.

2 year old children also don't ask for more food. The just eat what you give them.

• Like 1

.... So they had fresh fruit too.

coffee1.gif

Storm in a teacup.

Rice, chicken, egg, fresh fruit, a chocolate wafer, followed by their milk time (which is when they drink one of the milk cartons they take from home).

coffee1.gif

Edited by 332

In the school where I teach (college) we have about 100 students staying in the dormitories (free). Their free food (only free for students staying in the dormitory) is actually better both in taste and composition compared with the food you can buy in the canteen. They have 3 meals a day usually rice and 2 different dishes.

I usually eat with the students as the food is delicious and I can speak with the students in a more relaxed atmosphere than in the classroom instead of buying the really distasteful food and eat with the teachers who tries to avoid me or only try to speak Thai with me!

One of the mothers in the thread on Pantip has a child in this school.

Everyday when the child comes back from school she's very hungry.

Her child told her they really got this little.

The mother suspects her daughter doesn't dare to ask for more.

Normally her child never eats less than 3 times this size.

I can also pretty well remember my son ate much more than this when he was 2 years old.

Edited by kriswillems

I am very unimpressed by the quality of the food in the school of my son too, but that's not the main problem.

The main dish is mainly rice with almost no proteins or vegetables. The students can refill as often as they like, but they don't do it because it's not nice food.

So, the school sells fried chicken nuggets, fried fish balls, KFC style chicken and so on - which the students buy to get some proteins. And after the meal they go to buy candy and sugared drinks in the candyshop of the school, which is just beside the foodcourt. I try to give my son only 20B per day, but the result is that he almost only eats candy. If I don't give him this 20B, he has to survive on a prison style meal.

The school my son goes to is one of the more expensive private schools in this area.

A school should not have a candyshop and should not sell deep fried snacks. In stead they should offer a healthy main meal.

So, when you complained to the school, what did they say?

I am very unimpressed by the quality of the food in the school of my son too, but that's not the main problem.

The main dish is mainly rice with almost no proteins or vegetables. The students can refill as often as they like, but they don't do it because it's not nice food.

So, the school sells fried chicken nuggets, fried fish balls, KFC style chicken and so on - which the students buy to get some proteins. And after the meal they go to buy candy and sugared drinks in the candyshop of the school, which is just beside the foodcourt. I try to give my son only 20B per day, but the result is that he almost only eats candy. If I don't give him this 20B, he has to survive on a prison style meal.

The school my son goes to is one of the more expensive private schools in this area.

And the schools should be held accountable for this because they are playing a crucial role in setting eating habits for a lifetime. they should be required to provide parents with nutritional data about the food served. A balanced diet should be mandated and the sale/franchising/leasing practices, on a for profit basis, should be banned.

Very well said and also true but TITcoffee1.gif

It's hard to get into the good schools. None of the parents dares to complain. It's like this in almost every school. There's no real alternative. Giving food from home is fine, but if the children get money, they'll not eat it. Also all children get money, if your child is the only one without money, the teachers will give him/her the leftovers of the candy of the of the other children - to teach them to share.

None of the school I know in my country has a candy shop or sells deep fried snacks. These things should not be sold in a school.

When I was at school in the UK, there was a sweet shop in the school. It only sold sweets. This was in the time before enlightenment.

My school dinners from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back were excellent..........Roast dinner, sponge pudding with buckets of custard for afters...wub.png

Good dinners, that's why you were always in detention. :whistling:

• Like 1

Thats terrible,2 pieces belly pork and a thimble full of rice,my Hedgehog can eat more than that,

Kids at that age are growing and its very important time in their development,they need food.

Wonder how much is charged for these meals ?, I would say its a profit making scheme ,and

the school has come out with its good for the kids !. come on.

Now this has come out whats the betting the meals have suddenly grown in size.

regards Worgeordie

It's hard to get into the good schools. None of the parents dares to complain. It's like this in almost every school. There's no real alternative. Giving food from home is fine, but if the children get money, they'll not eat it. Also all children get money, if your child is the only one without money, the teachers will give him/her the leftovers of the candy of the of the other children - to teach them to share.

None of the school I know in my country has a candy shop or sells deep fried snacks. These things should not be sold in a school.

When I was at school in the UK, there was a sweet shop in the school. It only sold sweets. This was in the time before enlightenment.

My school dinners from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back were excellent..........Roast dinner, sponge pudding with buckets of custard for afters...wub.png

Good dinners, that's why you were always in detention. whistling.gif

I get that even now, detention that is..................sad.png ........................smile.png

• Like 1

And before the traditional manufacturers were swallowed up by the conglomerates and the taste of chocolate was ruined forever. sad.png

• Like 1

Did Michelle Obama design this lunch menu?

post-102528-0-90493500-1402239025_thumb.

post-102528-0-59148100-1402239065_thumb.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/05/teens-blame-michelle-obama-for-their-nasty-tater-tot-free-lunches/361296/

Students Are Tweeting Awful Photos Of School Lunches To Blame Michelle Obama For New 'Healthier' Meals

http://www.businessinsider.com/students-tweeting-awful-photos-school-lunches-michelle-obama-healthier-meals-2014-4

Edited by rametindallas

Nah -- the school lied.

Sorry, no vegetables?

What a crock it's enough for little ones. A total crock.

Meat, rice, water and one cookie is not a nutritious meal. No way. No how. The school flunked....but I forgot...everyone passes here.

sad.png

Meat, rice, water and one cookie is not a nutritious meal.

Erm..... Yes it is, very well balanced in protein, carbs, hydration, energy.

I take it you are NOT a nutritionist.

Clearly you are NOT a nutritionist either

• Like 1

It's a typical Thai lunch a spoon of rice and a small piece of pork smothered in some sort of Thai sauce. Thai food always has sauce on it. Everything is always killed with sauce. They flip it around in the frying pan for a while throw some of this some of that plop it on a plate and smother with sauce.

My old private school which had a big name in Bkk used to serve the lowest quality food imaginable.

There were some rich people sending their kids to my old kindergarten school and I can't believe they didn't say anything. The kids didn't know any better and the only person who complained how poor the food was was 'an angry farang dad'. He pulled his kid out pretty sharpish.

I understand a private school is a business and is there to make money. But there are some things you don't skimp on and food is one of them. Decent nutrition is so important at that age.

The kids didnt know any better, but they came from rich families????

Strange statement. So the rich families gave them crap food too????

Problem is that the school has probably got its ideas about this from Western material which indicate that children are overeating and to control it by serving smaller meals.

I do not think this is good. A kid will eat what he needs and leave the rest. Nothing left means not enough.

Problem is that the school has probably got its ideas about this from Western material which indicate that children are overeating and to control it by serving smaller meals.

I do not think this is good. A kid will eat what he needs and leave the rest. Nothing left means not enough.

Nothing left COULD mean, greedy, obese child

Nothing left COULD mean, greedy, obese child

Not if the food is good nutricious food and not packet specials.

......I wonder if they sell snacks on the premises....

(....I also suppose it would reduce bathroom visits.....you know how many 'educators' like that......)

Edited by SOTIRIOS

Close them down, this is about PROFIT not education. The elite in action.

A perfectly good first sentence. Then you just can't resist a spin.

It's capitalism in action. Combined with the usual lack of enforced regulations that permeate most things in very many developing countries.

Parents need to check all aspects of their children's schooling here, and take some responsibility. The authorities won't - it ain't a nanny state. Which has pros and cons.