Expat groups require to register with thai government to be legal

jarhead50200

A requirement under Thai law. Ex pat groups should be registered as a non profit organisation, many are also fund raising for local charities

Again, some kind of source would be good.

For a short time I was on the board of an expat group in Pattaya, but as an example:

http://www.expatexchange.com/advice/74/2406/108/Thailand/Info-about-Bangkok

That describes a group, but it doesn't describe the registration requirements nor with whom you are supposed to register. It just says that they are "in the process".....

Be assured there are compliance requirements, cannot recall the detail. If you really want to the know the detail of Thai legal requirements and process contact one of the ex pat clubs.

The question was answered in Post No. 22. The Thai legal requirements for expat Rotary club aren't any different than for a Thai Rotary club. Ditto a expat bridge club vs. a Thai bridge club. The key difference is if the expats expend any work where they'd need a work permit, in which case they can apply for a temporary work permit for a short-term project.

These groups have bank accounts and having been involved in both mostly-Thai and mostly-expat groups, I can't see any difference in the way the banks treat the groups or the filing and legal requirements.

Simple1 is right. If you have concerns about a specific expat club or group, then contact the board or committee of that club and ask.

Edited by NancyL

Lets see how many time i am already reg.

Immigration

Labor dept for wp

Revenue dept for tax id

Foreign affairs for marriage

Social security dept

Transport dept for drivers license

90 day reports immig again

Probably some department i can't remember for my kids

Did i miss any? Lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Spooky when you say it like that, started looking under the bed for cameras

Pretty simple question what more info you need

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If it's a question, then put a ? at the end of the sentence... We don't know if you are making a statement or asking a question...