Flash floods expected in most parts of Thailand during next 5 days

webfact

Flash floods expected in most parts of Thailand during next 5 days

BANGKOK, 9 June 2014 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation warned residents in the North, Northeast, East and South to brace for flash floods and forest runoffs during the next 5 days.

The DDPM said an approaching southwestern monsoon is expected to bring heavy rains to most parts of the country. The North, Northeast, East and South are particularly at risk of landslides and flash floods. Locals are urged to closely follow weather updates.

Fishermen in Ranong, Phang Nga and Phuket are also urged to proceed with caution as strong winds will generate up to 3 meter high waves.

The Meteorological Department said the monsoon which will prevail over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will lash most of the country with thunderstorms including Bangkok. Most of the capital will experience widespread storms as the average temperature will hover between 33-35 degrees Celsius.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-09 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

Well it's pi$$ing down in Chiang Mai right now but that has been, becoming the daily pattern late afternoons for some time.

We can still blame Yingluck as she had done nothing to mitigate the effects and consequences of what are normal weather patterns in the region.

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 2

Hmmm, this rain in Chiang Mai today snuck up from the South - an unusual pattern... Certainly feels and looks different from the normal localised storms - no thunder just a lot of rain over a very wide area...

We had a mini tornado come through our property yesterday evening, pretty crazy...

One of my big chickens did a Malaysian airplane impression, straight past me !!

That is the 1st one I have ever witnessed close up, luckily I was stood in our garage as it came through carrying a lot of rubber tree debris (plus chicken) with it...

Rain every evening for an hour maximum....

• Like 1

I've been watching the ants taking big strips of food up a concrete telegraph pole at the end of my soi. Rain is coming.

Met Service have been saying it for a while and it hasn't eventuated.....I trust the ants.

Good observations. I trust you more than the Met. office. What colour is the seaweed?

I've been watching the ants taking big strips of food up a concrete telegraph pole at the end of my soi. Rain is coming.

Met Service have been saying it for a while and it hasn't eventuated.....I trust the ants.

[sorry, can't get my comment out of the original box]

If it happens to eventuate, will you let us know...., please?

• Like 2

Keeps getting overcast in the afternoons here in Khon Kaen and have had sporadic thunderstorms with localised showers but no real rain as yet here in Khon Kaen city.

Same here in the west of the province.

Had some short downpours in the past days.

Waiting for things to come.

Well it's pi$$ing down in Chiang Mai right now but that has been, becoming the daily pattern late afternoons for some time.

We can still blame Yingluck as she had done nothing to mitigate the effects and consequences of what are normal weather patterns in the region.

I was interested in the report until it became political.

I prefer to leave political jest to the Thais, since I know nothing and have no stake in the system.

She would probably have needed to be a weather goddess to have accomplished all this successfullylaugh.png

Edited by OJAS

Interesting.wink.png

Did you notice if they were the large red ants or the smaller black ones.

If red, were they marching in an orderly system or were they bumping into each other?

Did there seem to be some type of traffic control to prevent ant mishaps.

Did they all seem to be carrying about the same amount of food or did you observe slackers and idlers.

Sorry about asking all these questions but not many posters admit to being anty social.

Anti-social for observing nature around me? Lol, never mind.

Big red ones, bumping (not really, it was more sort of greeting), didn't notice traffic control, many slackers and on the ground they were milling around.

Interesting.wink.png

Did you notice if they were the large red ants or the smaller black ones.

If red, were they marching in an orderly system or were they bumping into each other?

Did there seem to be some type of traffic control to prevent ant mishaps.

Did they all seem to be carrying about the same amount of food or did you observe slackers and idlers.

Sorry about asking all these questions but not many posters admit to being anty social.

Duh, I've only just got your pun while riding up the road.