wine connection

ericpasansai

Today at the Promenada mall, I popped into the wine connection and looked at their menu. It was like looking in the Cafe De La Paix in Paris. What wonderful choices. I didn't wind up eating there but can anybody who has eaten there share their experience.

Having dined at JungCeylon*, Promenada and Central Festival I'd suggest all outlets are of a similar standard. *JC being a more established location with high turnover obviously has greater consistency than newer outlets.

Promenada has been pretty damned good on the last 3 occasions we've visited ... same Manager for both CM outlets and I'm sure he would have rectified anything NOT up to standard had you complained.

Having dined at JungCeylon*, Promenada and Central Festival I'd suggest all outlets are of a similar standard. *JC being a more established location with high turnover obviously has greater consistency than newer outlets.

Promenada has been pretty damned good on the last 3 occasions we've visited ... same Manager for both CM outlets and I'm sure he would have rectified anything NOT up to standard had you complained.

Shouldn't have to though, should you?

Ppl who never complain to the source should not criticize publicly unless rectification is not forthcoming.

Wine Connections, The Dukes, Mix, Fuji and Ragu are all tried and tested ... only one we'll not return to ... can u guess?

Ppl who never complain to the source should not criticize publicly unless rectification is not forthcoming.

Wine Connections, The Dukes, Mix, Fuji and Ragu are all tried and tested ... only one we'll not return to ... can u guess?

Oh don't worry, I'd complain.

But most people would just walk and then give negative reviews.

So my point was: Don't give cause to complain in the first place.

If things aren't "up to standard" bloody well fix them before you let customers through the door.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I have owned a restaurant, and while you may try hard to identify every mistake made, you best hope is that the customer help by telling you of a problem that they have found. They can then work to solve the problem right then at the source. It takes you longer to complain about a mistake to your friends than it does to a manager that can solve the problem for you & them.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I have owned a restaurant, and while you may try hard to identify every mistake made, you best hope is that the customer help by telling you of a problem that they have found. They can then work to solve the problem right then at the source. It takes you longer to complain about a mistake to your friends than it does to a manager that can solve the problem for you & them.

If you really want to stuff up an evening when out with a Thai girlfriend or wife then complain to the management about the food. My experience has been that no matter how politely or discreetly it is done your Thai friend won't like it.

LET ME ASK AGAIN. The menu is fantastic--the prices are appropriate. Has anybody whose opinion I might respect eaten there and could they review their experience

We love the pizza's, thin crust and tasty toppings. Roast vegetable salad, NZ Mussels, lamb shank ... all excellent. Pasta was disappointing, more sauce required.

Some days the food seems more taste full than others, I had once a stirlion steak which was more like a piece of rubber but than again same branch in bkk few weeks later I had the best lamb shank ever!.

So yes I would go there again but I remember once we were eating with some friends about 7 people and ordered apetisers and main courses.

The staff brought everything Thai style!! so someones steak came before the soup etc. etc. That was very bad, upon telling the staaf that we came to a western place so we would like to be served all together the appetizers first and when everyone is finished they can start with serving the main courses (it was not busy that day). We got that typical stone wall look and they took the main courses, than again they came with someones pizza and wrong again. when we finally finished all the apetizers they served us the COLD main courses.... than we asked the manager (foreigner) and he simply said, this is Thailand so you get Thai served....

still later I gave them a change again with the missus and all was fine, maybe they just get confused when serving more than a few people

LET ME ASK AGAIN. The menu is fantastic--the prices are appropriate. Has anybody whose opinion I might respect eaten there and could they review their experience

We love the pizza's, thin crust and tasty toppings. Roast vegetable salad, NZ Mussels, lamb shank ... all excellent. Pasta was disappointing, more sauce required.

just what I'm looking for thanks for staying on target

Some days the food seems more taste full than others, I had once a stirlion steak which was more like a piece of rubber but than again same branch in bkk few weeks later I had the best lamb shank ever!.

So yes I would go there again but I remember once we were eating with some friends about 7 people and ordered apetisers and main courses.

The staff brought everything Thai style!! so someones steak came before the soup etc. etc. That was very bad, upon telling the staaf that we came to a western place so we would like to be served all together the appetizers first and when everyone is finished they can start with serving the main courses (it was not busy that day). We got that typical stone wall look and they took the main courses, than again they came with someones pizza and wrong again. when we finally finished all the apetizers they served us the COLD main courses.... than we asked the manager (foreigner) and he simply said, this is Thailand so you get Thai served....

still later I gave them a change again with the missus and all was fine, maybe they just get confused when serving more than a few people

the food and the wine are good. we normally just order our starters and when they arrive we will order the main course works great in thailand

rick

• Like 2

Dined at the Central Festival location a few weeks ago. Wonderful pizza at a fair price. Awesome imported beers, obviously pricey vs. Thai. I'd probably go there weekly if I lived nearby.

Your judgment of the beer presumably depends on the sort of beers you are used to in your own country. If its stale English beers then I would expect your comments.

Dined at the Central Festival location a few weeks ago. Wonderful pizza at a fair price. Awesome imported beers, obviously pricey vs. Thai. I'd probably go there weekly if I lived nearby.

Your judgment of the beer presumably depends on the sort of beers you are used to in your own country. If its stale English beers then I would expect your comments.

So you think all British beers are "stale" ? If so then you either have no taste at all, or you are very prejudiced, or you havent tried British beers recently. You should. There are many many excellent UK based Micro Breweries producing excellent beers which for me are some of the best beers in the World.

At least they taste like beer. Unlike any of the Thai so called beers !!

So you think all British beers are "stale" ? If so then you either have no taste at all, or you are very prejudiced, or you havent tried British beers recently. You should. There are many many excellent UK based Micro Breweries producing excellent beers which for me are some of the best beers in the World.

Er, um, one suspects the poster is not Thai but is more likely Germanic, there's a hint in his name!

Er, um, one suspects the poster is not Thai but is more likely Germanic, there's a hint in his name!

I dont think I suggested that the poster was Thai. My reference to Thai so called beers was merely a comparison between the Country we live in and a Country where you get good beer, German beers are OK, Many Belgian beers are good, but I still believe good British beers to be amongst the best in the World.

What he should have said was "Deepest apologies, (some of or all of) your meal (and/or drink) is on us tonight, and please bring your girlfriend back so we can make it up to you with a complimentary meal".

If I'd got that response I probably would have called him a racist ------- because there are plenty of restaurants with Thai staff that have been properly trained to know that generally for farang, dessert follows entree follows appetiser. And sometimes, when eating Thai, they will ask you if you want it all together, which is fine with me.

Sounds to me like a ---- manager.

You can fill in the gaps yourself.

Wait a minute, what's this thread really about, Wine Connection and "Cafe De La Paix in Paris", the thread is almost a wind up or spam, it's certainly NOT a request for individual advice on a local restaurant, apologies that I missed it all at the outset but you did too!

They are indeed amongst the very finest, Pedigree and London Pride being in the top 1%, big sigh!

You can get (bottled) London Pride here, also Fullers ESB, Wells Bombardier, and a few others but you have to hunt them down. A large (500 ml) bottle comes in at around 135 baht, which is still less than the £3 or so you would pay in most UK Pubs, if you can get it at one of the wholesale joints. Its obviously quite a bit more to drink it in places like the Beer Republic.

They are indeed amongst the very finest, Pedigree and London Pride being in the top 1%, big sigh!

You can get (bottled) London Pride here, also Fullers ESB, Wells Bombardier, and a few others but you have to hunt them down. A large (500 ml) bottle comes in at around 135 baht, which is still less than the £3 or so you would pay in most UK Pubs, if you can get it at one of the wholesale joints. Its obviously quite a bit more to drink it in places like the Beer Republic.

Even here in the sandpit we can get Bombardier for less than two quid a pint.

Which is about all its worth really, I'm not overly impressed by it. London Pride.... yes baby.

The RN often carry Fullers beers because they travel and keep well.

• Like 1

Ate there a couple of months back and noticed they were running a promotion to encourage diners. Unsurprising as we were the only customers in this large restaurant.

Unfortunately their promotion was not as advertised, and our choice although inline with the promotion was 'disallowed'. Then when the bill came , the drink advertised in the promotion was charged for as it was 'not in the promotion'???!!.

No wonder the place was empty. Yes, I complained at the time and to their head office but to no avail. I dont recall what the food was like but wont be going back.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot promoting a high-cost to start up new restaurant. And it wasnt about the cash, but the crass way it was handled.

I had the pizza great deal whole pizza and large glass of coke 149baht. Pizza a bit thin...All Thailand pizza are very average compared to Australia. Not thick enough crust not enough fillings. Not bad pizza for thai standard

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the food and the wine are good. we normally just order our starters and when they arrive we will order the main course works great in thailand

rick

agreed that works great but when the staff is asking what you want as apetizer and main course you hope they are capable of doing it right.

One of the many delights of living in Thailand is inexpensive dining out. For some this may mean daily 30 - 40 baht food court meals, for others a 149Bt special at Wine Connection. At other times, a rack of Dukes ribs with all the trimmings ... OMG, I'm salivating already ... 555

But isn't it great to have such choice? Cheap prices? Pretty serving girls? Or would you prefer living in Australia or UK where a meal out might cost as much as you pay here in rent.

I'm happy to put up with a few inconsistencies at Thai prices so long as the restaurant is clean, food tasty and staff amiable ... yet my wife calls me a stickler for detail.

• Like 1

If I might be so bold as to add my considered view regarding wine connection, promenada. I find the ambience of the place excellent and second to none in CM. Modern, clean, open, airy and always cool (as its inside promenadas aircon system!). It reminds me of modern, newish restaurants back in the UK and is a pleasure to visit.

The draft mostly Belgian beers are excellent (and this said by a Brit!) and I think reasonable at around 160 baht for "a pint"....well, almost, 500 ml.

On Sunday we had the daily 149 special, one pizza, one seafood pasta, both quite a bit more expensive on the menu, but both charged correctly on the bill. One free bottled water, and one free large coke included. The dessert choice is good too, things like chocolate mousse, good size, and only 90 baht.

Final bill was exactly as I had worked out in my head, including the oft charged 10 + 7 which to be fair makes the 149 special more like 170, but even at that price, excellent value and a really good eating experience.

Whilst there, I bumped into a couple of old friends who I hadnt seen in ages who live close to promenada and eat at wine connection regularly. They commented "been here many times, never had a bad meal". Think that kind of sums it up for me.