Junta head to hold politicians responsible for their past wrongful management of the country

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know where all this is heading. How deep into the bowels of nepotism, cronyism, patronage and connection will this go?

Does the good general really want to suck the intestines out of the establishment? Because that's what he's going to have to do. So, does he feel he has the "firepower" to do this? After all, we know where this is all going to lead. And I don't think he really wants to go there.

• Like 2

be sure to give them plenty of notice so they can transfer their money and get out of thailand.

Judging by how the coup was pulled, I don't think that is the way things will/would be done.

all great, but only if both sides would be held accountable... which is unlikely to happen I guess.

both sides?

afaik since 2006 there was only one side in government (except about 1 year). Of course the democrats should be accountable, too. Guess who caused the bigger havoc

You don't know much about recent history do you? Abhisit was PM from 2008 to 2011 and corruption was worse than ever, especially from his pals in the Bhum Jai Thai party. You can be sure the Democrats and their allies won't be held to account though.

The Bhum Jai is more allied to Taksin and are thieving..... anyway. All evidence is gone and the PTP did nothing when they could. Now only their crimes (recent) can be investigated. Maybe some crimes from the past. God this must hurt al the red lovers so much.

But I for one would not shed a tear for any Democrat caught for corruption. But because they were only short in power and had to give most of the profitable post to Bhum Jai (to form a coalition) there is not much to be found.

I really don't understand the red lovers, I mean PTP had all the chance in the world to go after Democrats if they were corrupt when they were in power. They did not because they could not find anything because not much love lost between the two parties.

But anyway I dont have a problem if they catch a few on my side.. because I dont consider any corrupt official a good guy.

PTP had no power to 'go after' Democrats. You don't much about the legal system do you? That would be the role of the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the courts, who are part of the same establishment as the Democrats and army.

• Like 2

all great, but only if both sides would be held accountable... which is unlikely to happen I guess.

We shouldn’t get confused with the past, where our governments took sides and only supported their voters. The military takes no sides and does not favor any political party.

I hope that's a joke but I fear you're really being serious. Any reasonably intelligent and informed person know what political party the military favours.

• Like 2

Although I agree that the country needs change and I also agree what the Junta is "saying" however I think it is a smoke screen and we are on a path to as one poster put it; Political Dictatorship.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that anything positive will/is happening in a country that has been in Political unrest and riddled with corruption for so many decades. Please prove me wrong !

I am glad that finally someone in Thailand is asking the rest of the world for help, suggestions etc however I don't agree with punishing the past (unless for crimes) for "running a country wrong". They all had their turn and none did "right".

I believe that they should look more into the future and let the past stay just that......the past.

I really do hope that this is a "true" move forward for Thais and Tourists and trades etc but they also need to find away to Integrate into ASEAN or else they will never be able to come out of the dark ages.

Let's all pray to our gods for a good outcome.