Junta head to hold politicians responsible for their past wrongful management of the country

Lite Beer

all great, but only if both sides would be held accountable... which is unlikely to happen I guess.

both sides?

afaik since 2006 there was only one side in government (except about 1 year). Of course the democrats should be accountable, too. Guess who caused the bigger havoc

You don't know much about recent history do you? Abhisit was PM from 2008 to 2011 and corruption was worse than ever, especially from his pals in the Bhum Jai Thai party. You can be sure the Democrats and their allies won't be held to account though.

The Bhum Jai is more allied to Taksin and are thieving..... anyway. All evidence is gone and the PTP did nothing when they could. Now only their crimes (recent) can be investigated. Maybe some crimes from the past. God this must hurt al the red lovers so much.

But I for one would not shed a tear for any Democrat caught for corruption. But because they were only short in power and had to give most of the profitable post to Bhum Jai (to form a coalition) there is not much to be found.

I really don't understand the red lovers, I mean PTP had all the chance in the world to go after Democrats if they were corrupt when they were in power. They did not because they could not find anything because not much love lost between the two parties.

But anyway I dont have a problem if they catch a few on my side.. because I dont consider any corrupt official a good guy.

PTP had no power to 'go after' Democrats. You don't much about the legal system do you? That would be the role of the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the courts, who are part of the same establishment as the Democrats and army.

Tarit filled role in the DSI admirably from the red shirt point of view. He went after everything he thought could get Democrats in court. He wasn't so bold with corruption as he would have been slapped down by his friends

• Like 1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Wouldn t it be nice if all over the world politicians were actually being held responsible for their actions. But then again, a responsible politician is an oxymoron.

So far, I am loving it. Just now, get rid of the curfews, stop ridiculous projects, get money flowing to the people and finally enforce the laws for loansharks and high interest rates (believe it or not, they are in place!) and Thailand will soon be way up there again.

Again? w00t.gif

• Like 1

all great, but only if both sides would be held accountable... which is unlikely to happen I guess.

both sides?

afaik since 2006 there was only one side in government (except about 1 year). Of course the democrats should be accountable, too. Guess who caused the bigger havoc

You don't know much about recent history do you? Abhisit was PM from 2008 to 2011 and corruption was worse than ever

Speaking of not knowing much about history.

Speaking of time in office this millennium:

Abhisit days in office as PM : 950

Thaksin-governments in office as PM : 3,354

Speaking of worst corruption this millennium:

Yingluck is the worst ever.

http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

• Like 2

sometimes, I wonder... it it willful ignorance or sheer stupidity? Lots of expats dare to criticize Thais for their lack of critical thinking, yet so many of them go through the same "yellow vs red" BS over and over again, w/o realizing that both political sides are/were full of shit, each in their own way.

Amazing, isn't it? Be interesting to see how many cheerleaders remain if the Powers That Be decide it would be a good idea to start confiscating non-Thai citizen assets held in Thai banks.

sometimes, I wonder... it it willful ignorance or sheer stupidity? Lots of expats dare to criticize Thais for their lack of critical thinking, yet so many of them go through the same "yellow vs red" BS over and over again, w/o realizing that both political sides are/were full of shit, each in their own way.

Well said.

There are no good guys in Thailand, there is no hero to root for as both sides have their hands covered in shit.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

both sides?

Not true. At least 4 years since 2006 have seen the rule of the 'other' side - either military or 'Democrats' (parenthesis intended). Maybe they could re-open the case of the permanent secretary at the transport dept and ask him for a more plausible explanation for how a billion baht in cash was found in his house during Abhisit's watch. Suthep's land deals in Phuket should also be examined with the same minute scrutiny that PTP ministers will go through. Its not going to happen though. The coup was political and part of their remit is to ban (anyway they can) most senior PTP officials, in order to weaken the party in the eventual return to civilian rule.

• Like 1

Amazing, isn't it? Be interesting to see how many cheerleaders remain if the Powers That Be decide it would be a good idea to start confiscating non-Thai citizen assets held in Thai banks.

... or revoke their visas and whatnot. The current powers That Be are not really interested in remaining a fruitful "friendship" with farungs, the latest "crackdown" should have been a lesson.

• Like 1

Does this mean the gravy train has finally been derailed,and

that we are going to see people who nearly brought Thailand

to its knees,actually doing prison time,and have some of the

money they stole through corruption,clawed back,for Thailand

and its people I hope so.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

both sides?

Thailand existed even before 2006 though and if I remember well, poverty and corruption were part of Thai society, also before 2006.

Might it be, that even before 2006, there was also wrongful management of the country taking place ?

Just a thought ! wink.png

So the junta new dictators are going to decide what the law is and how to punish people? I wonder how in the future, when this Junta illegal coup is overthrown if people will remember how they were treated. So the pogroms and purges continue. I feel so sorry for Thailand. The people are so wonderful and the country is so beautiful. Now they are under a non-elected government and the people can not vote. Very repressive and disspointing to see.

• Like 2

Not sure how long it will last or how deep army will dig, but it appears this time around Army is very serious about cleaning up the country.

Well, they are "cleaning up the country" according to their own dictates, and desires. I doubt any proper legal framework will be used. I doubt any proper court proceedings will be used.

• Like 1

I'd like to know where all this is heading. How deep into the bowels of nepotism, cronyism, patronage and connection will this go?

Does the good general really want to suck the intestines out of the establishment? Because that's what he's going to have to do. So, does he feel he has the "firepower" to do this? After all, we know where this is all going to lead. And I don't think he really wants to go there.

Whoaaaa; he's already on his way, mate ! ! !

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

both sides?

You don't know much about recent history do you? Abhisit was PM from 2008 to 2011 and corruption was worse than ever, especially from his pals in the Bhum Jai Thai party. You can be sure the Democrats and their allies won't be held to account though.

The op did mention of problems over the past decade.....hopefully, this should include the politicians from the Dems time...let's wait and see.....

Good idea. They could call it 'An Audience With General Prayuth' and show it live on TV.

Now that is what I'd call real political transparency. thumbsup.gif

With that steely glare it would be better on radio, lest it frighten the children. ( just an observation, not a political statement)

Maybe we could follow it with "The Shins" now that wuld be lacon nam nao!!