My Favourite Things

Thomas_Merton

The angels moving their beds as the storm approaches.

The frozen beer that melts before you can drink it.

The rumbling whoosh of the giant fan on the ceiling (air conditioning is for sissies).

Zip-zap, svit, as the mosquitoes commit harikari on the electric guard surrounding the blue light (sissies also like mosquito nets on their windows).

The thundering of the rain on the tin roof.

Crouching, exposed to an encyclopedia of insects as one tries to evacuate a plate full of curry (chillies burn just as much on the way out as on the way in).

Fighting with the hose pipe whilst cleaning a hairy farang arse.

Shaving and showering in a cold Thai bath.

Paddling around the outside of the house, drinking a cup of coffee at 5.30, watching the sunrise.

Sitting on the veranda, waving at a smiling world as it awakes and goes about its business.

A day full of conversation and never ending eating.

The first glass of Lao.

An afternoon in the hammock.

Begin again.

These are a few of my favourite things.

I agree with many of these!

I would add;

...my time spent with friends around the word of God.

...driving my classic cars.

...doing Tai Chi.

...drinking good wine.

These are a few (more) of favourite things...

Welcome back TM. :o

where u been?

In the "dark night of the soul" of a computer burn out and a reserve baby laptop infected with viruses, which I have at last got working, running a naked XP (no MSinternet Explorer, Outlook Express or anything else except Firefox and Thunderbird) on 64MB RAM and a 4GB hard drive.

Definitely NOT one of my favourite things.

On the other hand, coming to LOS on August 8th, is number one on my list!

Sitting on my up stairs balcony in the morning with my 2 pieces of hot buttered toast (made from my home made bread) and a glass of ICE COLD milk and watching the village kids, happy and smiling on there way to school. :o

Thinking about how lucky I am that I no longer have to work hard, as I did for 39 years. :D

Seeing the smile on my wife’s face when ever we see each other through out the day, even after just 5 minutes apart. :D

Living in the LOS :D

Driving in Thailand No road rage, No parking problems or traffic jams (up country). :D

I now love shopping; in the UK I hated it. :D

Welcome back TM. :o

where u been?

In the "dark night of the soul" of a computer burn out and a reserve baby laptop infected with viruses, which I have at last got working, running a naked XP (no MSinternet Explorer, Outlook Express or anything else except Firefox and Thunderbird) on 64MB RAM and a 4GB hard drive.

Definitely NOT one of my favourite things.

On the other hand, coming to LOS on August 8th, is number one on my list!

I'll arm wrestle you for a pint of heavy whe you are here..... :D

Playing with my grandaughter, seeing the pureness of the child and the things she does spontaniously, and always saying whats on her mind. And make her stay forever young.

That's really nice. I love when kids do the 'stream of consciousness' thing, it's so refreshing...

Reading Charles Dickens or Conan Doyle all snug and warm on a cold, dark night when the rain is hammering down and the wind rattling the windowpane. Hard to do in Thailand though but a balcony with a few beers, some Verdi and a good storm is a good substitute.

The first morning of the test match of the Summer at Lords.

The ride down the Expressway into Bangkok after a lengthy absence.

PG Wodehouse over breakfast on the first morning of a beach holiday as the sea laps at the shore.

Opeth while sitting on Sukhumwit at night watching the clowns roll by before I join the circus!

The first few beers with mates on their return here, catching up with their news etc.

Edited by ProfessorFart

The angels moving their beds as the storm approaches.

The frozen beer that melts before you can drink it.

The rumbling whoosh of the giant fan on the ceiling (air conditioning is for sissies).

Zip-zap, svit, as the mosquitoes commit harikari on the electric guard surrounding the blue light (sissies also like mosquito nets on their windows).

The thundering of the rain on the tin roof.

Crouching, exposed to an encyclopedia of insects as one tries to evacuate a plate full of curry (chillies burn just as much on the way out as on the way in).

Fighting with the hose pipe whilst cleaning a hairy farang arse.

Shaving and showering in a cold Thai bath.

Paddling around the outside of the house, drinking a cup of coffee at 5.30, watching the sunrise.

Sitting on the veranda, waving at a smiling world as it awakes and goes about its business.

A day full of conversation and never ending eating.

The first glass of Lao.

An afternoon in the hammock.

Begin again.

These are a few of my favourite things.

hahaha I love your text.. but I strongly desagree... something can really be better than sex???

do you really think so?? hahaha I don't!! :D:o

I forgot:

arriving by plane at BKK International.

agreed....

...but one of my least favourite things is that bar in Don Muang departures terminal. ye'know the one upstairs with the smoking area outside.

that place is so depressing.

Have you forgotten about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,

bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,

brown paper packages tied up with strings

Such a nice list.

I do love the part in the Italian version that begins with the lovely Julie Andrews smiling sweetly and singing, "Stimolo della prostata, questi sono alcune delle mie cose del favorito".