RS warns it might scrap live telecast if court rules in favour of NBTC

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch for the mass exodus of Brits in the next couple of days. YESSSSSSSSS. Hope they don't get a visa for re-entry. 5555

It's RS's ball. If they want to pick it up and go home, all the more power to them.

I'd rather watch 2 flies crawling up a wall than watch soccer.

Kangaroo eaters showed their spots again

Sydney boy, you carry on with your weird kinky thing and keep watching those flies. Aussies like football very much and are getting better all the time.

Yes Aussies do like their football, ( Rugby Union, Rugby League and even Aussie Rules ) but less than 5% are avid SOCCER fans. That's out of 24 million people (approx). And most of them come from Pommie land, Europe and North African countries.

And we still still qualify... god we're good. What is this world cup anyway? Anything like the NAB cup?

• Like 1

Perhaps when the Thai's consider sharing all they have regardless of a persons nationality they might find the world a fairer place.

Why should Thailand have a free viewing time concerning this football tournament when all other countries are paying the fee?

Personally I do not like football hence I am not affected, however those who do like football are very badly affected as I might be if it was a sport that I like, i.e. rugby, cricket motor racing, dwile flonking etc.

I attach below a link concerning Dwile Flonking for those who are unfamiliar with this ancient English pass time.cheesy.gif

Definitely looks like more fun and excitement than soccer

Football.

you mean "Fitba"

You know, I don't think I do.

Anyone who spends their time sitting on a sofa watching a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball on TV...needs to get a life.

And you need to get out of your sofa, get a life, and do something creative, instead of criticizing what other people do or like.

Your criticism is duly noted. Hope your sofa is comfy enough.

And IF the stories that the military government has brokered a deal with RS to show the World Cup for the benefit and happiness of all Thais then I think the good general should be nominated for this years Nobel Peace Prize along with all the other honours than beckon. thumbsup.gif

Certainly remove some of the restrictions imposed by the Chin regime like enforced venue closing times and the dumb beer sales ruling...

How nice it would be to go back to how it was before the Purachai nonsense and be able to pop to 7-11 at 2am and buy a beer with no hassles.....

Indeed, but this is more misinformation. The food and liquor restrictions were passed in 1971 as one of the first actions of the second Thanom Kittikachorn coup. They are sometimes followed, sometimes not, but they most certainly are not Thaksin or Purachai restrictions.

Similarly, this RS-World Cup nonsense has NOTHING to do with government (or the junta), but with the military-enforced "independent bodies" - in this case the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) and its little Napoleon, Colonel Natee. The government has LESS control over the NBTC and such bodies (corruption commision, Constitutional court, etc) than the British government has over the BBC.

So far the government/junta has stayed out of this RS-NBTC brouhaha, but it's Thailand and I fear populism will always rule. Plus the generals will get a few more badly needed brownie points for stepping in. That is, presuming the Supreme Administrative Court rules the "wrong" way. And by the way the SAC is another of the military-backed "independent bodies" only we will see just how independent.

• Like 2

Anyone who spends their time sitting on a sofa watching a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball on TV...needs to get a life.

Anyone who feels the need to make such a post needs one also,

• Like 1

I would ban it world wide, the biggest waste of time and money ever,put all of it back to amateur status and make the overpaid ,cheating lot of them work for a living ! If they want to kick a bag of wind round a field let them do it in their own free time,at their own expense.Give the money to the poor who are striking and trying to raise awareness of the real problems in the world.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I couldn't agree with you more.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I find those full time Thai Visa political pundits quite sad also.

They can always read about it in the papers.

This is the biggest and most popular sports event in the world, not some local sideshow like Muay Thai or Aussie Rules. smile.png

Who is Thailand playing?

They are not. Teams have to go through a qualifying competition first which eliminates the majority so that only the best teams actually get to the finals. There is a very big following of football here in Thailand as there is the world over. There are many ex-pats from other nations living here who wish to watch their national team if they have qualified. There is no sport watched by so many nations as is Football. So sports supporters will watch this competition wether their nation qualified or not. It is the greatest ball sport in the world.

Natee pointed out that since 1970, all Thais had enjoyed watching live broadcast of all matches of the World Cup. Even during the 2010 World Cup, whose broadcast rights were also held by RS, 22 million households were able to watch live matches via free TV.

A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final.

Perhaps when the Thai's consider sharing all they have regardless of a persons nationality they might find the world a fairer place.

Why should Thailand have a free viewing time concerning this football tournament when all other countries are paying the fee?

Personally I do not like football hence I am not affected, however those who do like football are very badly affected as I might be if it was a sport that I like, i.e. rugby, cricket motor racing, dwile flonking etc.

I attach below a link concerning Dwile Flonking for those who are unfamiliar with this ancient English pass time.cheesy.gif

Soccer needs skill, this probably explains your lack of interest, in other words, it is beyond your ability to either comprehend or try to play. Just jump up and catch a ball appears to be about your standard. Primary school stuff!

Spoarenas certainly nice, but to my knowledge, no one has ever died from not being able to view them.

On the other hand:

Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.

According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.

Survival for children Worldwide

10.6 million died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 (same as children population in France, Germany, Greece and Italy)

1.4 million die each year from lack of access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation

Sports, in my opinion, seems to get more publicity, more funding, more attention, more adoration and more of more. What does it do to improve the human condition? One can't very well eat a football.

They can always read about it in the papers.

This is the biggest and most popular sports event in the world, not some local sideshow like Muay Thai or Aussie Rules. smile.png

Who is Thailand playing?

They are not. Teams have to go through a qualifying competition first which eliminates the majority so that only the best teams actually get to the finals. There is a very big following of football here in Thailand as there is the world over. There are many ex-pats from other nations living here who wish to watch their national team if they have qualified. There is no sport watched by so many nations as is Football. So sports supporters will watch this competition wether their nation qualified or not. It is the greatest ball sport in the world.

Sorry, neverrrrrrr heard of it .

All socker games look the same to me....just play some reruns...nobody will notice.

Actually I think a lot would notice, if you're talking about football that is.

Mind I'm not sure you are, what is socker? Is it some sort of boxing event?

Who cares? Football...meh!

Your Sad!!! You must be American.

No , football is a very fast growing sport in USA. Very popular in schools with several top line American players in UK and Europe.

Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins??? Oh yeah... That football is very popular in the USA..

Who cares? Football...meh!

Your Sad!!! You must be American.

No , football is a very fast growing sport in USA. Very popular in schools with several top line American players in UK and Europe.

Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins??? Oh yeah... That football is very popular in the USA....

none of that socker craps.

Natee pointed out that since 1970, all Thais had enjoyed watching live broadcast of all matches of the World Cup. Even during the 2010 World Cup, whose broadcast rights were also held by RS, 22 million households were able to watch live matches via free TV.

A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final.

for your information in most of the countries it is free and income is from advertising. true is playing a dirty game hear

Can definitely see where your coming from.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

All socker games look the same to me....just play some reruns...nobody will notice.

Is that Association Football, Rugby Football or another maybe American Football?

as billion of people around the world looking at the games I think both of you are the strange people hear

• Like 1

Thats rich from someone that has posted 600 + posts sitting in front of a laptop.

you just don't understand what's happened around yourself

Is that Association Football, Rugby Football or another maybe American Football?

All can be called football as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to tell someone else what to call their national game.

• Like 1

Why? Do you have that attitude for all Sports?

If that's the case, anybody who watches any sort of sport on TV needs to get a life. Anybody who watches any sort of TV program needs to get a life. Anybody who goes onto an Internet forum and posts on something that they have zero interest in, seriously needs to get a life.

People have different interests in life, deal with it.

• Like 2