Thai Consulate-General Sydney claims that Australians are confident to travel in Thailand

webfact

When you apply for it, do you do so saying you're a tourist, or as someone that is planning to retire here?

Mark the application form as a tourist, sometimes without a departure date.

It is a tourist visa, but restricted to over 55 (unless it has changed) use multiple entry as required. Depends on the consulate/embassy. some want to see deeds (condo) some want to have bank details of income etc. not super uniformity anywhere a lot depends on the person you apply to. (if their mood of the day fits in some circumstances).

If it's restricted to over 55, and sometimes the want financial info, then the visa is for retirement, not for tourism. I am surprised that you mark the form as tourist and they allow it, but I am not surprised some consulates don't allow it for tourists, because that is not what it is for.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you apply for it, do you do so saying you're a tourist, or as someone that is planning to retire here?

It is a tourist visa, but restricted to over 55 (unless it has changed) use multiple entry as required. Depends on the consulate/embassy. some want to see deeds (condo) some want to have bank details of income etc. not super uniformity anywhere a lot depends on the person you apply to. (if their mood of the day fits in some circumstances).

If it's restricted to over 55, and sometimes the want financial info, then the visa is for retirement, not for tourism. I am surprised that you mark the form as tourist and they allow it, but I am not surprised some consulates don't allow it for tourists, because that is not what it is for.

As far as I know it is for people over 50. You can only get it at the Brisbane consulate and apart from the normal application requirementsyou need to show a bank statement that you have over $10000 AUD.

I know where Sydney has refused to give a single entry Non O, Melbourne used to allow a double entry. Every consulate has different rules so I hope I have not put the mocka on Brisy. They are extremely helpful and will phone you if they see a problem.

australian government is as dumb as dog shit (really dumb) so don't sweat about this. they are sooooooo dumb that they follow everything the USA government says blindly.

i'm as happy as a pig wallowing in mud since i moved here in march

I will second that

It all started with the Vietnam conflict ( it was not a war so the government said )

Later Little Johnny Howard yapped and begged like a dog to be seen with the USA

And still it continues facepalm.gif

Correct.

Australians know Thailand is safe and the General is doing a very good job.

The Australian Govt. is currently being run by a bunch of Tea Party nutcases.

The Australian PM Tony dumb dumb is a Tea Party nutcase who had diner with the demented plutocrat Murdoch last night in New York

while Cantor was losing his GOP primary to a Tea Party nutter. .

View vid of Tony dumb dumb. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y1ez7_tony-abbott-last-week-tonight_news

That Video has gone viral across social media in Aust and portrays him perfectly.

Please pass the video on to every one you know...all over the world.

• Like 1

Visas available from the Brisbane Consulate General are shown at the URL. There is no such thing as a retirement visa; its a extension of the O Visa for retirement.

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=109

Thank you.

What's a Blue Card?.

About the blue card system:

https://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/bluecard/about.html

• Like 1

australian government is as dumb as dog shit (really dumb) so don't sweat about this. they are sooooooo dumb that they follow everything the USA government says blindly.

I will second that

It all started with the Vietnam conflict ( it was not a war so the government said )

did you see the classic statement by Julie Bishop about Jerusalem dated 8 June 2014 from The Age Melbourne newspaper? we really do have a dumb government now. i was hoping for better after labors attempts.

Australia’s new policy of refusing to describe East Jerusalem as “occupied”, confirmed by a statement made by Attorney-General George Brandis in consultation with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, will not be helpful to Australia’s reputation, the peace process or Israel itself.

The Abbott government’s new position shatters what has been for nearly 50 years a completely bipartisan position. Neither Fraser and Peacock, nor Howard and Downer either adopted or even explored taking a similar stance. And for very good reason.

East Jerusalem was occupied by Israel in 1967. No other state – not even the US – describes the situation in any other terms. There are multiple Security Council resolutions rejecting Israeli sovereignty over East Jerusalem. The International Court of Justice in 2004 declared not only that the West Bank was occupied but that this was illegal. The court made no distinction between East Jerusalem and other parts of the Palestinian territories.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/australia-hinders-progress-in-middle-east-peace-process-20140608-zs15x.html#ixzz34KUPllL1

• Like 1

I will second that

Correct.

The Australian PM Tony dumb dumb is a Tea Party nutcase who had diner with the demented plutocrat Murdoch last night in New York

View vid of Tony dumb dumb. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y1ez7_tony-abbott-last-week-tonight_news

was totally agree with you till you got to your second line

then you went down hill faster than a 20 ton weight on 4 wheels

I will second that

Correct.

Bring back bruvver comrade Kev and sister Julia...they knew how to run the country........into the ground. God help Oz if Electricity Bill ever gets into power.

Seems you reds are true reds no matter where you go.

I will second that

Correct.

If USA wants to see what life would be like with the "tea party" republicans running things, have a look at what has happened in australia since tony abbot has been elected. its just like being in a 20 ton truck going downhill on 4 wheels (whatever that means) ;)

Thai Consulate-General has been encouraging Thai communities in Sydney and New South Wales to learn Thai language

What ??

That's pretty much right from my own experience as someone that calls Sydney home. Although my wife is Thai, our daughter wanted nothing to do with learning Thai when we were living there. When we moved here (she was 10) we had to send her to a bilingual school to learn Thai. Friends in Sydney that are in mixed marriages (I would say a large percentage of Thais) have the same problem with their children. I think he is concerned that 2nd generation kids that hold Thai citizenship (Aussie as well) can't speak the language and the majority cannot read or write Thai.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I will second that

Correct.

Bring back bruvver comrade Kev and sister Julia...they knew how to run the country........into the ground. God help Oz if Electricity Bill ever gets into power.

Oh please Julia from Wales (UK) running the country, the Welshwoman stuffed it. Tony numbnuts from England is now in control and he is the laughing stock of the world.

Yingluk is out of a job and Australia employs foreigners to be P.M and she would be 100% better than these two british numbskulls put together.

• Like 1

what has john howard got to do with vietnam, ex natcho, you are a labor moron, get your times right

yep, can't believe the tripe I read here. For most of the 'brain surgeons' posting here it would take them an hour and a half to watch '60 Minutes'.

who can forget this.... speaking of sucking up to the yanks

Edited by cpofc
  • Like 1

I will second that

Correct.

tezzains reply

"Australians know Thailand is safe and the General is doing a very good job.?????

As an Australian who exactly are you reffering too?????????????????

Edited by chooka

business-working-retirement etc are issued here are they not ???

Cat O IS a tourist visa, that had written on it ' long stay'

1 year issued at the country of your birth, or a 90 day O visa from a Thai Con/Embassy--example Vientiane -Laos.

and the long version

She was just one of the British applicants to apply for the job. Australia must adopt the U.S system where you have to be born in the country to be P.M/President.

• Like 1

Correct.

Oh please Julia from Wales (UK) running the country, the Welshwoman stuffed it. Tony numbnuts from England is now in control and he is the laughing stock of the world.

Yingluk is out of a job and Australia employs foreigners to be P.M and she would be 100% better than these two british numbskulls put together.

Better at what ???? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Correct.

Must be some of that Aussie humour we hear so little about. smile.png

• Like 1

Thai investments in Australia are worth around AUD7 billion, including mining, construction materials and real estate.

Just too bad it's not reciprocal!

Yes true and ask my wife who owns 3 investment properties in Melbourne and she will say Thai, land is for thais and Thailand doesn't have as much as Australia.

I would like to see OZ Govt. tax the owners of property that reside overseas. This would be on top of capital gains tax and would also need to put them on a register as a forigen owner at the lands department. As soon as any trading is done at the lands department, they are red flaged. Yeah and give them an extra tax on rental income. With properties in Sydney, Darwin and even Perth achieving around the $1 m mark and Brisbane, Melbourne not far behind could make some good money.

I would then put their taxed money into social housing and let them know they are paying for our poor. They can get a really nice letter from our tax department that they could show all their friends.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Must be some of that Aussie humour we hear so little about. smile.png

When I read Chooka's post I have not stopped laughing, just bleeding tickled me pink, a scream.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Correct.

Well British imports to be Prime Ministers have totally failed. I personally think Yingluk would be 100% better than the last couple of international imports. Yingluk would be a blessing if she applied for the Australian P.M job. British imports have failed.
  • Like 1

Thai investments in Australia are worth around AUD7 billion, including mining, construction materials and real estate.

Just too bad it's not reciprocal!

Yes true and ask my wife who owns 3 investment properties in Melbourne and she will say Thai, land is for thais and Thailand doesn't have as much as Australia.

I would like to see OZ Govt. tax the owners of property that reside overseas. This would be on top of capital gains tax and would also need to put them on a register as a forigen owner at the lands department. As soon as any trading is done at the lands department, they are red flaged. Yeah and give them an extra tax on rental income. With properties in Sydney, Darwin and even Perth achieving around the $1 m mark and Brisbane, Melbourne not far behind could make some good money.

I would then put their taxed money into social housing and let them know they are paying for our poor. They can get a really nice letter from our tax department that they could show all their friends.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

As an Aussie who is a non resident and house owner in Australia, we are already severely worked over by the tax office. No18k threshold and a flat 30% tax rate on rent plus no relief on capital gains, and this is on my home That I lived in for more than 10 years and will live there again one day.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

business-working-retirement etc are issued here are they not ???

Cat O IS a tourist visa, that had written on it ' long stay'

1 year issued at the country of your birth, or a 90 day O visa from a Thai Con/Embassy--example Vientiane -Laos.

A non-immigration O visa is not a tourist visa. It is a long-stay visa, used for retirement (ie over 50), accompanying spouse or children, or voluntary work.

Just because some people might be able to get it without showing the relevant financial requirements doesn't make it a tourist visa.

Well British imports to be Prime Ministers have totally failed. I personally think Yingluk would be 100% better than the last couple of international imports. Yingluk would be a blessing if she applied for the Australian P.M job. British imports have failed.

I never said the 2 PMs from the UK were decent, I know different.

BUT to say that Yingluck would do far better, is the joke of the year.

Can you imagine her - unable to answer questions on TV in Aussie land, and taking orders from Dubai ??? can you imagine what the Australian people would think of that ???? and to be a PM there and run the government PTP style ??? The Aussies would have had her out in 6 months no problem with NO re election chance FACT

• Like 1