An Interesting Topic.

NoshowJones

Worry - about getting enough money to pay bills, about keeping my driving license, about house prices about personal security and about getting back to Thailand and

Anger at - having to wear all those clothes and keep changing them - at feeling I have to keep up appearances - the pc rules & regs - the government paying too much homage to a certain religious/political group - at my country being sold out to the rule of Brussels and it not feeling like my country any more due to an 'open door', 'over tolerant' immigration policy that should have been tested as the will of the people before it was implimented - at the government coping-out of it's responsibility to the people, allowing fat cats to profiteer from utilities - at Tony Blair taking the country to war unnecessarily - at Gordon Brown 'selling the gold'.

Although these things still grate sometimes, when you're struggling, as it were from the fall-out, it hurts more. You feel that you're 'going out to work' for mistakes made on your behalf without your having been consulted, that you're 'going out to work' for the fat-cats, the politicians and the ponces they insist on supporting - it's not a nice feeling unless you're Jesus or Mother Teresa. Like many others that have posted, I don't have to work when living here.

Oh, I almost forgot - the trauma of being with a 'significant other' who's significance was not, in any way connected to my happiness or, seemingly, hers.

Not much then, really!

Edited by piersbeckett
  • Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from England, I had to wear long trousers and socks for most of the year, continually deal with jobsworths who wouldn't budge an inch even if their regulations made no sense to man or dog.

Another thing I used to have to do but don't need to any more was show my raging anger instead of using tact and level headedness. The wise words of Benjamin Franklin ring in my ears whenever I stumble on this one though as "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame".

• Like 1

smile.png work very hard, make sure I didn't get caught on speed cameras, having to make sure not to offend any one by being politically incorrect, because England has become a nanny state, nearly everything some one says is classed as racist, the horrible dark nights, the cold, the snow, No where to go unless it cost me a fortune for a taxi, food, drinks. I just LOVE THAILAND I love everything about it wai.gif xx

• Like 1

Work, masturbate.

Masturbate???? I thought that was only for frustrated people.

You misunderstood him.

He meant work for Master Bates.

and what work would that be?

[/quote

Rocket polisher.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Be miserable all the time, while dreaming about escaping from Soggy Edinburgh to Exotic Thailand, which I eventually did in 1994, and where I met my lovely wife, who has ensured that I have not had another single miserable day.................or night since then.

post-210472-0-37426400-1402498969_thumb.

Cook

Clean

Iron

wash

Conversations on my balcony no one can understand

Parking tickets

Pay parking

Speed limits

10 sets of traffic lights every klm

Cheap taxi's

Own driver when needed

Massage's

Cheap alcohol

No, last drinks

Signing into clubs

Compulsory hotel/club memberships

Stop at red lights.

Slow down when I see a cop.

Take more than one pillion passenger.

Use toilet paper.

Number 3,I'm sure you would have been stopped a few times if you had done that in your home country!

Pay Council Tax

Hang wallpaper

Buy fireworks for Guy Fawkes night

Use a greenhouse

Allow access to 3 neighbours across my driveway and their visitors and tradesmen

Pay to park in a hospital car park when using their services or visiting a patient

• Like 1

I had to wipe my sh..tty bum with tissue instead of using the more civilized buttspray.

T

Can you believe it that so-called advanced countries don't allow this wonderful option for health reasons. Dopey buggers. If ever I owned my own home I would rig one up for sure.

Work, masturbate.

Masturbate???? I thought that was only for frustrated people.

You misunderstood him.

He meant work for Master Bates.

You are missing the underlying message. He does NOT have to masturbate which I interpret that he is getting more than enough actual sex - presumably from his lovely Thai partner(s)

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing really, since I have spent my entire adult life in Thailand.

Just be thankful you never spent it in the UK.

Life in Thailand is preferable for me now I'm older, but the thought of having spent one's entire life in Thailand gives me the chills. At least I had a decent education and am capable of critical thinking huh.png

• Like 1

well here Ive got ( ok Wifes got but lets not get into that debate but includes usufruct, yes I know in a divorce it wont protect me) 6 acres of land , grow 100k pineapples, grow mangoes, pappaya and a million other fruits veggies I couldnt in the UK + I can eat and pick them fresh knowing no chemicals used on them.

I dont spend half the year frozen or wet as I used to work outside often in the UK

We have two full time live in staff , unaffordable in the UK, 2 new cars 2 houses 5 condos rented out all of which I didnt have in the UK all paid for we owe nothing to no one.

I got a good start buying property in the UK when it was cheap and quadrupling the money I bought them for then sold them all a few months before the collapse of prices in about 2005. I only owned them for 7 years.

So through a mix of luck and hard work I got here.

Retired at 43. No way in the Uk I could have done that

Dont get me wrong I dont have much respect for Thailand but its still CHEAP and pretty safe, I like the scenery but not the people so much.

I can go down to the sea if I want but didnt pay the daft prices to live right next to it, Im 10 miles inland and the land we bought was dirt cheap as owner needed medical care and really needed to sell.

Theres so many things I can do here that I couldnt in the UK especially with housing where prices are just ridiculous even now especially London.

On top of all that I can pretty much rely on the weather whereas in the UK it was bloody awful for wayyyyyyyyyy to long.

I still keep 1 house in the UK as back up but really no plans to leave whatsoever.

I really didnt think 8 years ago it could have turned out so well mainly due to my Wife who with a little help really got stuck in and has proven to be a real honest person and great Wife...............even she says too many Thai people lying now as I know Im not exactly an upbeat optimistic kinda guy.