warrarot market footbridge to wat ket

dave2

in the last few months the footpath ,bus stops , stalls , railings etc opposite the flower market have all been torn up or moved

now in their wisdom .. just before rainy season :(

ie ... there may be a bit of water coming through here soon so lets block the river :(

they have decided to start doing something about replacing

the footbridge they had to demolish in january 13 when one of its legs moved a few inches downriver

the timing of doing this could only happen in thailand :(

pic 1 .. 12 days ago

pic 2 .. yesterday

pic 3 .. demolishing the old bridge 2 jan 13

dave2

post-42592-0-67211800-1402536905_thumb.j

post-42592-0-16812300-1402536930_thumb.j

post-42592-0-44727300-1402536956_thumb.j

With a few friend we had a trip and picnic on a cruse up the Ping back in Feb.

We where all amazed about the bridge removal and the 'Temporary' dam across the river.

We assumed that a new bridge would have been complete soon or before this years Flood season.

Who ever built the weir should have replaced it with an inflatable one years ago.

john

Notwithstanding budget constraints and letting of work tender timescales, it may simply be a case of contractor availability. Note also the extensive works downriver of new floodgates which finish a few metres short of the Princes residence.

The work they did along the river between Nawarat and the Iron bridge was well done and certainly draws a lot more people. I think the same will be true of the work that stretches from the fresh food market all the way to Nawarat bridge. A nice new coffee shop near the traffic police office too. A big improvement.

Notwithstanding budget constraints and letting of work tender timescales, it may simply be a case of contractor availability. Note also the extensive works downriver of new floodgates which finish a few metres short of the Princes residence.

Yes I have rode by those new flood gates... very impressive...

But... Not being a civil engineer I am wondering the logic of building a flood protection system downstream from the city?...

Yes I have rode by those new flood gates... very impressive...

But... Not being a civil engineer I am wondering the logic of building a flood protection system downstream from the city?...

This is Thailand..... don't wonder logically...... wonder financially

re

With a few friend we had a trip and picnic on a cruse up the Ping

i saw you .. i saw you smile.png

re

Not being a civil engineer I am wondering the logic of building a flood protection system downstream from the city?

you and 15 million other people have had the same thought .. but as gonzo says

This is Thailand..... don't wonder logically...... wonder financially

and a few somchais somewhere will even get medals for building it down there sad.png

dave2

post-42592-0-91092600-1402570092_thumb.j

post-42592-0-44437300-1402570142_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76495200-1402570285_thumb.j

Great photos Dave-thanks. Good to see the new bridge taking shape - I cant get worked up about the timing, just glad they are doing it.

And I was going to comment on the siting of the dam in relation to nearby property, but on second thoughts....