EC extends Thai senators' asset declaration deadline to July 28th

webfact

EC extends senators' asset declaration deadline to July 28th

BANGKOK, 12 June 2014, (NNT) The Election Commission (EC) has extended for another month the deadline for the former senators to submit their asset declarations, from June 28th to July 28th.

According to Mr. Thanit Sriprathet, the Election Commissioner on Political Party Affairs, the EC deemed the senators might require more time to prepare their necessary financial statements for the declaration, and thus has decided to extend the deadline.

Recently, the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) announced that it would retain a portion of the constitution’s organic law, including bills related to MP election and senate origin. The move effectively empowered the EC to set the new time frame for the senators to submit their asset declarations.

Those who fail to submit the legal documents, or unable to provide the complete details of their assets, or fabricate their financial statements, will be subject to 2 years imprisonment, a fine of no more than 40,000 baht, and a 5-year ban from politics.

Any accountant(s) of the senators, who fail to conform to the EC’s accounting outlines may also face a jail term of up to one year, or a fine of no more than 20,000 baht, or both, as well as a 5-year ban from practice.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-12 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

Obviously the Thaksin aligned senators are yet to find ways to hide all the money they took in backhanders for loyalty to the Shin Clan.

What was the last speaker's wealth increase again???

Oh yes.... it went from 1 house, 1 car, 1 tractor and 1.2 million baht........ and jumped to something like 250 million baht all within 2 years.

• Like 2

Obviously the Thaksin aligned senators are yet to find ways to hide all the money they took in backhanders for loyalty to the Shin Clan.

Oh yes.... it went from 1 house, 1 car, 1 tractor and 1.2 million baht........ and jumped to something like 250 million baht all within 2 years.

And that's not to even mention the secretive offshore accounts, that we absolutely know that the amart rouge use. Remember ample rich, win-mark etc etc.

You can't tell me the good Senators don't actually know what assets they have , I have never met anyone with money who didn't know exactly what they had and where it was planted , humour us Senators and fill those forms in, you don't need anytime. bah.gif

And that's not to even mention the secretive offshore accounts, that we absolutely know that the amart rouge use. Remember ample rich, win-mark etc etc.

All money leaves a paper trail and as far as I am aware, senators don't have diplomatic immunity from customs screening of baggage, but then again that doesn't stop Thaksin from making offshore account to offshore account transfers that can't be traced.

But I am sure that a lot of them have been stupid enough to wire money from their offshore accounts to their Thai accounts so they can spend in here.

That is what will trip them up.

Obviously. coffee1.gif

Of course the EC are well known for their largesse towards Thaksin aligned Senators. Likewise the Army - don't you think if there was the slightest chance that Senators aligned to Thaksin would benefit from this extension the military rulers wouldn't have jumped on the suggestion from the start?

Oh and could you tell us where you got the figures about the Speakers alleged jump in assets from 1 million baht to 250 million baht in two years? Oh wait a minute, it seems as if the banned WhoopyDoo and you have the same mindset. Now where did he get that "information" from?

Posted 2014-04-17 15:18:07

Just wait until you are investigated by the NACC for your massive wealth increase from 1 million baht, a house, a car and a tractor to the same assets but with your cash assets now ballooned to over 250 million baht in less than 2 years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/719469-nikom-believes-the-attempt-to-hastily-hold-a-thai-senate-session-is-to-axe-him/#entry7700905

• Like 2

Well come on then, share. What are these secretive (obviously not that secret) offshore accounts that "we" obviously know about?

how can it take so long i know down to the last penny how much and where it is..put them on the spot and demand it now..if you done nothing wrong you got nothing to hide

Isn't it strange we have posters still trying to deny/squirm their way out of the truth about missing money ?? asking other posters NOW for proof.

We all know money has gone, we are all looking at ways it was distributed, the army will eventually find some of the routes. So the reason to question it being missing is disturbing.thumbsup.gif

Agree with your post.

Well come on then, share. What are these secretive (obviously not that secret) offshore accounts that "we" obviously know about?

I suppose my friend no monies ever went missing during the 3 years ???

When a competent elected government fails to keep accounts it tells the populace BEWARE. Why do you think near all think they can smell a rat ???

It's nothing to do with the name PTP that's only a party name it is the people within the make up of that party that are being scrutinized.

Rightly so--why defend them.???

The government's approach to deadlines is when they ignore you then just extend the deadline. Rarely do you see the proverbial Fall of the Axe if a deadline is missed (or ignored which is probably more accurate).

Always happy to educate a friend. Here you go, have a little butchers at this, from el jefe's fave mag, you know the one that he boasted to that Yingluck had sent him 30,000,000,000 increasing his wealth was it 450%?.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmontlake/2013/05/03/offshore-tax-havens-for-beginners-pick-an-inoffensive-name/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmontlake/2013/05/03/offshore-tax-havens-for-beginners-pick-an-inoffensive-name/

So a staffer at Forbes implies a link between a well known company, Ample Rich, owned by Thaksin and a NZ firm loaning money to a Malaysia firm to build a railway across southern Laos that will also benefit Thailand and Vietnam. Not quite sure that qualifies as evidence of "secretive offshore accounts, that we absolutely know that the amart rouge use".

As I say, obviously not that secret.

Any info on whoopydoo's/thumper's assertion that the Speakers's assets jumped from 1 million baht to 250 million baht in two years?

The government's approach to deadlines is when they ignore you then just extend the deadline. Rarely do you see the proverbial Fall of the Axe if a deadline is missed (or ignored which is probably more accurate).

Almost Suthepian in concept.

I can declare my assets and funds in less than 60 seconds!! I have a wife, and two ex wives, my assets and funds are ZERO!!! cheesy.gif

Sorry mate but with 3 women involved I am not surprised. ( I am not bad painting the female species)

Just joking nowt personal cheesy.gif

I wonder if yours is zero what will their assets be ???

• Like 2

Decreasing debt certainly does increase wealthy assets.

Ex-House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont cleared Bt200 million debts between 2011-2013, his asset reports show.

https://twitter.com/tulsathit/status/442511272546795520

That's quite a check bin to clear.

• Like 1

When a competent elected government fails to keep accounts it tells the populace BEWARE. Why do you think near all think they can smell a rat ???

It's nothing to do with the name PTP that's only a party name it is the people within the make up of that party that are being scrutinized.

You appear to mistake a genuine mistrust of spurious claims of stratospheric asset increases with support for a political party. Not only that but you tend to think that answering a query has to involve demanding answers to various unrelated questions.

In that vein, here's one for you - How's that posting on other threads apart from political ones (like you insisted that you do) going for you?

Not too well I see, judging by the evidence.

Of course the other side are.so.squeaky clean, they would never stood to do the same.

I am still waiting for anyone to come up with proof or facts to back up the money "we all know" Yingluck stole from the rice scheme.

• Like 1

Somsak cleared 200 million of his debt when he was working for PT/Yingluck. I am amazed Fab 4 don't know that... His assets didn't jump, his net worth jumped.

RT@tulsathit: Ex-House speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont cleared Bt200 million debts btw 2011-2013, his asset reports show. via @Prasong_lert (1)

RT@tulsathit: Somsak's last asset report showed quite modest wealth _ Bt1.4 million in bank, 1 car, 1 tractor. That's it. via @Prasong_lert (2)

RT@tulsathit: In a 2011 report, Somsak had Bt42 million in assets and Bt139 million in liabilities. via @Prasong_lert (3/end)

Wonder where he got the money from.....whistling.gif

Edited by Nickymaster

I'm loving this 'dictatorship' (I mean NCPO) more each day. I hope they install a travel ban on the Senators or at least check to see if their suitcases are full of cash and gold before they leave. I expect a lot of hurriedly planned foreign vacations taking place in the coming days. Good riddance to bad rubbish, though, I would rather they served long prison sentences and had their 'unusual' wealth confiscated. 40,000 Baht fine is a pittance for the corrupt ones and a five year ban means a family member runs in their place. Real prison, with murderers and other thieves, would send the message that corruption no longer pays.

Edited by rametindallas

You appear to mistake a genuine mistrust of spurious claims of stratospheric asset increases with support for a political party. Not only that but you tend to think that answering a query has to involve demanding answers to various unrelated questions.

In that vein, here's one for you - How's that posting on other threads apart from political ones (like you insisted that you do) going for you?

Not too well I see, judging by the evidence.

Then you must have the same problem as Stevie Wonder.

Nongbualampu accident

and a host of other topics look them all up not ask me. I joined TVF to get awareness on ANY news/topics.

I did not join to get into/or have apolitical agenda. unlike some.

I comment on everything I find interesting--many for a joke with other posters--sharing views etc.

Naturally if the slung out government were doing their job as sworn to do I would be praising them. They gave me no choice but to criticize.

Anyone denying / defending them I found objectionable

Nongbualampu accident

and a host of other topics look them all up not ask me. I joined TVF to get awareness on ANY news/topics.

I comment on everything I find interesting--many for a joke with other posters--sharing views etc.

Naturally if the slung out government were doing their job as sworn to do I would be praising them. They gave me no choice but to criticize.

I comment on everything I find interesting--many for a joke with other posters

What a balanced individual - is it that hard to disagree with someone without finding them "objectionable"?

Nongbualampu accident

What a balanced individual - is it that hard to disagree with someone without finding them "objectionable"?

Fab 4 your on the wrong lines----objectionable was the term used for attitude/comments NOT "THEM' nothing personal in it at all. difference you know.

Don't take the PTP defeat too hard it's not our ( war) it really is only about a right governing body and a wrong governing body---it is that easy.

Nongbualampu accident

Fab 4 (previously knows as Phipidon), instead of attacking posters why don't you just stick to the topic?

Don't you get tired of your endless personal attacks and arguments? Don't you have another way to entertain yourself. Are you that bored?

I was replying to a post addressed to me, "the artist formerly known as", and "still known as", Fab4.

I wasn't aware that you had anything to do with our exchange of views, other than just doing exactly what you accuse me of - attacking posters and not sticking to the topic.

You may wish to reflect upon your parting words, or do they not apply to you?

Nongbualampu accident

Fab 4 (previously knows as Phipidon), instead of attacking posters why don't you just stick to the topic?

Don't you get tired of your endless personal attacks and arguments? Don't you have another way to entertain yourself. Are you that bored?

I was replying to a post addressed to me, "the artist formerly known as", and "still known as", Fab4.

I wasn't aware that you had anything to do with our exchange of views, other than just doing exactly what you accuse me of - attacking posters and not sticking to the topic.

You may wish to reflect upon your parting words, or do they not apply to you?

like is said....

fab4, you and ginjag have hijacked the thread - that's what nicky is complaining about. Me, too. Stop bickering, you silly little children.Stick to what you're both quite good at - throwing in food for thought.

Do you have any thoughts on why this extension on reporting assets was arranged supposedly to be beneficial to "Thaksin aligned" Senators? Is it possible there may be another way of looking at this which would not be regarded as rabid red propaganda by the obsessives on here?

Edited by fab4