ISIS: The first terror group to build an Islamic State?

Scott

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seen this one coming... Even Sadam said the Hornets will be out of the nest....(or something to that effect).

Did anyone actually think that the Middle East Problems were all solved??

The Saga continues.

Even Saddam was smart enough to leave Fallujah well alone.

Gawd almighty, where do these so called experts the west employs come from, have they ever spent any time in the region.

Capt Palmer USAF, a prime example of a tosser, straight out of staff college, a history buff, everything he knew he had read in books, totally clueless.

This idiot was going to go in there and tell them what to do, even BH an American that had been in the region for about twenty plus years couldnt help but laugh.

Excuse me Captain, you dont tell these people what to do, you can go in and advise, you can offer alternatives, you can make suggestions, you can even ask your counterpart what you can do to help him.

Probably a staffer for Obama right now, a first rate clown.

• Like 1

I wonder how Russia is taking this, given that it's their support of Syria that's incubated this organisation in the first place.

Wow, egg on face, maybe Russia has been proved to be corect.

Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel, you may miss the big picture.

US spends $50bn a year on spying, Snowden says they can monitor all we do -- yet caught napping when ISIS takes Mosul etc. Remarkable

Alas, information is not knowledge and too much data soon becomes, à la Shannon, simply noise. Add in the McNamara Fallacy effect and it is little wonder that despite plenty of warning by various intelligence agencies about the ISIS "surge" that it was perceived as a surprise by those whose make the decisions.

I wonder how Russia is taking this, given that it's their support of Syria that's incubated this organisation in the first place.

Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel, you may miss the big picture.

I'm not missing the big picture. Russia has more to fear from militant Islam than America does.

Supporting the Shi'a might just come back and bite them in the behind.

Russia happy to see US keep busy and preoccupied elsewhere. Russia and anyone with any sense also knows we cannot afford to be dragged into another conflict. This is the one thing that can hurt our economic recovery.

You speak from a place of animosity, not objective intelligence.

Not about egg on face. Only uptight dweebs that want to politicize everything and come from a place of resentment or personal frustration view this as a win, defeat or embarrassment.

The real embarrassment is that human beings over there act like this when they are not kept in line by a hardcore dictator. The lesson here is f'em. Lets crank up oil production here, become self sufficient, stop these psychos from migrating here, cut them and everyone else off financially and let them implode ultimately taking each other since that us what they are determined to do.

Mass beheadings and executions in the streets. These peoe are animals and there is no hope for them.

Cannot continually blame US. All of these jacked up countries seem to eventually go this route regardless as to what US does or does not do. Even Sadam Hussien committed mass genocide and gas thousands of people before US took him out. This is their way and its deeply engrained.

Edited by capcc76

The culprits for stirring this hornets nest are Bush and his neocon mates such as Cheney and.Rumsfeld.

You can moan about them all you want, but they have been out of office for almost 6 years. The buck stops with Obama and his feckless foreign policy these days.

Not even close.

Obama is in power NOW. He is responsible for foreign policy NOW and the last 51/2 years,.

One problem facing every president is that no matter how stupid the agreements and promises and military motions made by the guy(s) before him, he has some obligation to carry through so the world has some faith in the promises of presidents- who everyone knows will be gone in a few years.

So the question always boils down to, "Who is to blame, the guy who lights the fuse and tosses in the stick of dynamite, or the guy(s) who are going to be writing the checks to pay for for the repairs for the next 50 years?" Probably 100 years in the case of the Iraq mess.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

You can moan about them all you want, but they have been out of office for almost 6 years. The buck stops with Obama and his feckless foreign policy these days.

Not even close.

Obama is in power NOW. He is responsible for foreign policy NOW and the last 51/2 years,.

One problem facing every president is that no matter how stupid the agreements and promises and military motions made by the guy(s) before him, he has some obligation to carry through so the world has some faith in the promises of presidents- who everyone knows will be gone in a few years.

So the question always boils down to, "Who is to blame, the guy who lights the fuse and tosses in the stick of dynamite, or the guy(s) who are going to be writing the checks to pay for for the repairs for the next 50 years?" Probably 100 years in the case of the Iraq mess.

At the time I seem to remember a lot of people saying the US did not have an exit strategy. I think this is what they were talking about.

• Like 1

US spends $50bn a year on spying, Snowden says they can monitor all we do -- yet caught napping when ISIS takes Mosul etc. Remarkable

They might be spending more on spying

But the spies are working very little just collecting their pay

It is hard to check on a spy

Edited by harryfrompattaya

They might be spending more on spying

But the spies are working very little just collecting their pay

It is hard to check on a spy

- Working very little

- Just collect pay

- Hard for boss to check

Where do I sign up for this?

If he can successfully build a truly representative - and stable - government that will be one hell of an achievement.

The Shi'a have been busy settling scores and now the Sunni are doing the same.

Bush et al opened a right tin of worms there.

If he can successfully build a truly representative - and stable - government that will be one hell of an achievement.

Much as I like dissing on the Cheney administration, they didn't open the can of worms.

They just stirred up the hornet's nest the European empires left festering after the 2 World Wars when they were too broke to maintain their centuries long "by-the-short-and-curly" hold on their Middle East empires.

Much like the ethnic messes in Asia.

Much as I like dissing on the Cheney administration, they didn't open the can of worms.

They just stirred up the hornet's nest the European empires left festering after the 2 World Wars when they were too broke to maintain their centuries long "by-the-short-and-curly" hold on their Middle East empires.

Much like the ethnic messes in Asia.

"Opened a tin of worms". "Stirred up a Hornet's nest". There was no hornet's nest in Iraq with Saddam's foot on the Shi'a (and to an extent, Sunni) neck.

Blair is partly right that the Arab Spring may have had an impact in Iraq, but that does not justify the trillions of dollars and thousands of coalition lives to achieve essentially what is the same result.

Besides which there were ways to deal with the Arab spring that didn't result in utter mayhem. Usually involving money.

I believe Obama will come up with something. He managed to oversee the Bin Laden demise, something Bush had vowed to do before he left office.

Where are. Blair and Bush now? They should be out there rectifying the mess they fomented.

It seems to me that Europe should worry more about Europe becoming a Islamic continent.

Unless you actually look at the demographics and realize that such a "desired threat" does not exist. But then again, why let facts get in the way of an agenda?

At the time I seem to remember a lot of people saying the US did not have an exit strategy. I think this is what they were talking about.

Exit strategy? If only the invasion in 2003 of Iraq had turned up with an entry strategy, it would have made all the bloodshed and capital costs, plus the fatal distraction from undertaking a proper campaign in Afghan when the opportunity was there, worthwhile.

And today we have Blair bleating about his toxic legacy, just to add self-serving shiite to the mix..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27852832

Pray tell us Tony why the west failed to act in Syria when the initial, brief opportunity arose? Because a flawed from inception invasion of Iraq and an under-resourced intervention in Afghan, made less likely to succeed by the Iraqi goose chase, meant that there was no public or political support for another intervention when it could have made a difference.

• Like 1

I believe Obama will come up with something. He managed to oversee the Bin Laden demise, something Bush had vowed to do before he left office.

Where are. Blair and Bush now? They should be out there rectifying the mess they fomented.

It seems to me that Europe should worry more about Europe becoming a Islamic continent.[/size]
It appears Belgium will be the first Islamic-dominated state in Europe. Get ready for Sharia, folks, and don't bother sending your daughters to school.

They might be spending more on spying. But the spies are working very little just collecting their pay It is hard to check on a spy

- Working very little

- Just collect pay

- Hard for boss to check

Langley, Virginia. It's a big building, anyone in town can direct you there.

It seems to me that Europe should worry more about Europe becoming a Islamic continent.[/size]
It appears Belgium will be the first Islamic-dominated state in Europe. Get ready for Sharia, folks, and don't bother sending your daughters to school.

They might be spending more on spying. But the spies are working very little just collecting their pay It is hard to check on a spy

- Working very little

- Just collect pay

- Hard for boss to check

Langley, Virginia. It's a big building, anyone in town can direct you there.

Nice story peddled by the islamophobe sites, but not accurate:

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/future-of-the-global-muslim-population-regional-europe/

The respected Pew Forum's research shows Belgium having a Muslim population of 10.2% by 2030, hardly a majority, and with declining fertility rates in the Muslim community, a situation that is unlikely ever to arise. Sorry to rain on that parade....

If anywhere has a demographic issue re Muslims it is Putin's little paradise with by far the highest absolute number and the highest proportion of their population, 15% by 2030, some 19 million.

P.S. if you are looking for a cushy job like Mr Snowden's, turning up in Langley is wrong place, wrong state. Ft Meade, MD might be a better idea....

• Like 1

Even if roughly 10% of Belgium's call themselves Muslims by 2030, it's a moot point as far as controlling a political landscape. Muslims don't care much for democracy. A few radicals can dominate by intimidation. If harsh words don't suffice, then bullets or bombs can add leverage to their goal: domination. ...by whatever means. Fairness, decency, honesty - are for wimps.

• Like 2

Even if roughly 10% of Belgium's call themselves Muslims by 2030, it's a moot point as far as controlling a political landscape. Muslims don't care much for democracy. A few radicals can dominate by intimidation. If harsh words don't suffice, then bullets or bombs can add leverage to their goal: domination. ...by whatever means. Fairness, decency, honesty - are for wimps.

For some it would appear the Islamic extremists have already acheived their goal of FUD.

In a society 'Fairness, decency, honesty' comes from a position of strength

• Like 1

Care to name the last non-muslim majority country that muslims managed to take over?

This one wreaks of Russian involvement. I don't even know what they call their intelligence operation that replaced the KGB. The KGB was the largest and most active in the world and they still exist; with a different name of course. Putin has his long range plans to destabalize the west and this would fit in perfectly. Putin is former KGB and this is how he operates. Expect more of this over the next few years. I am not sure having a passport with "We" stamped on it is going to help all that much.

Edited by Pakboong

Care to name the last non-muslim majority country that muslims managed to take over?

Londonistan. tongue.png

• Like 2

This one wreaks of Russian involvement. I don't even know what they call their intelligence operation that replaced the KGB. The KGB was the largest and most active in the world and they still exist; with a different name of course. Putin has his long range plans to destabalize the west and this would fit in perfectly. Putin is former KGB and this is how he operates. Expect more of this over the next few years. I am not sure having a passport with "We" stamped on it is going to help all that much.

The KGB is now the FSB.

The Iraqi Army is not able to stand and fight, they crumble in the face of opposition, the ISIS are attacking bases North of Baghdad, some twitter reports are already saying that Baghdad International Airport is under attack, I would expect to see a suspension of all domestic flights in and out of Baghdad within the next few hours if these twitter accounts are true.

Glen Beck is a nut case. He predicts one or two things that have a sting propensity to occur and it absolves him of not being a nut? True believers not much different than ISIS except we are civilized in that we don't advocate indiscriminate brutal violence only premeditated tactical violence. Chopping off a head droning the shit out of a house. Same same but less barbaric?

Sent from my mobile