Prayuth lambastes at town and country planning department

webfact

Prayuth lambastes at town and country planning department

BANGKOK: -- Junta chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha Friday lambasted at the Public Works and Town and Country Planning Department for letting Bangkok city plan become a mess.

"The city planning department should be dissolved for causing [bangkok's city plan] to become confusing like this. Foreign tourists have to walk until they are soaked with sweat because we can't tell them to 'go straight ahead and turn left and turn right," Prayuth said, saying the direction guide in English.

He said city plan has not been defined clearly and has not been designed in squares as it should have been.

He was speaking while chairing a budget meeting with government agencies. The meeting was broadcast live on Channel 5 and NBT at 9 am.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-13

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe that's EXACTLY what's needed!

Yeah, but what good does it do when "Dad" has to return every 8 years to slap the kids around? They're never allowed to grow up.

Maybe dad needs to, because some kids never learn
  • Like 2

Can't we just make him PM

Too late, he already declared himself PM.

People like you complain about problems and then complain if someone tries to sort them out.

Well I did not complain about Bangkok city planning efforts, and I have not complained about any efforts to improve Bangkok city planning efforts. That's all in your mind.

All I asked was "what has he - Prayuth - done", in this case, other than to "lambaste"? Essentially, he's the one doing the complaining.

And maybe that's EXACTLY what's needed!

Yeah, but what good does it do when "Dad" has to return every 8 years to slap the kids around? They're never allowed to grow up.

True, the slapping period should be 2 years or less. Let politicians try it out for two years, if they make a mess (which they most likely will do), back in goes the army to fix it. Repeat & rinse until the miracle of finding a viable government happens. This could be a Nobel Prize worthy export from Thailand to the West.

He said city plan has not been defined clearly and has not been designed in squares as it should have been.

Oh snap. That's where we went wrong.

Seriously, there has been a long history of comprehensive city planning efforts for Bangkok, maybe as early as 1960. Not sure who was in charge then? Could have been the Military for all I know.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 2

I don't think it's all about tourists getting all sweaty, there is just no plan nor rhyme or reason to how things are done.

God forbid you need a firetruck or an ambulance in this place. Every street is a dead end, just to turn around can take you km's

out of your way. It's a mess in so many ways and good for him for wanting to clean it up.

It's just so 3rd world!

Town planning has been a thorn in the side of anybody who has to negotiate BKK or any large city outside , take Chiang Mai , getting around there is like playing Russian roulette, it has been said before, even in TVF, that it would appear that town planning had been on the pi!!s for twenty years, inmost Thai cities. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Can't we just make him PM he seems to be doing a superb job

What constitutes "a superb job", in your opinion?

I mean this guy's flying by the seat of his pants, spouting off about any issue large or small, And, what does he propose re: addressing city planning? All he's done is try to shame professionals by treating them like children, as if he's the father - who's been absent for 8 years - now back to tell everyone that they haven't lived up to his expectations.

So basically, you're envious of a man large and in charge, getting stuff done with courage that NEEDS to be done and HASN'T been done, and is intimidated by no one. Penis envy?

• Like 1

Dear General: thank you for shaking things up. It was sorely needed, and I am sure there are more than enough screw ups and shirkers here to piss off a saint. Just try to keep a somewhat humble attitude, ask yourself at decisive moments "Is this of benefit to the Thai people?" and remember Lord Acton's "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" saying.

• Like 2

Can't we just make him PM he seems to be doing a superb job

What constitutes "a superb job", in your opinion?

I mean this guy's flying by the seat of his pants, spouting off about any issue large or small, And, what does he propose re: addressing city planning? All he's done is try to shame professionals by treating them like children, as if he's the father - who's been absent for 8 years - now back to tell everyone that they haven't lived up to his expectations.

Karma my friend karma.