The irony of Prayuth's mission

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The moment the junta has given control back to whatever slime ball government that is coming, it starts all over again.

Stay tuned folks....up next....

The Return of the Steaming Turd

don't miss it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those here espousing the fanciful notion that the poor country folk are pure and un-corrupted. Isn't the foundation of the argument against the deposed government, it's predecessors and it's leadership that it was the poor country folk that accepted bribes to vote for them? Maybe Thaksin's people did offer them money (who didn't?) but they sure as heck didn't force any poor farmers or fishermen to take the cash. Anyone offering a Thai 500 baht today or 10,000 baht tomorrow only needs to make sure he has the 500 baht.

I reckon there's a historical benchmark, a point of reference that is quite significant and unique to Thailand. Similar to BC and AD in traditional western history teaching, Thailand has BT and AT... if you need to ask, you are bereft of any clue as to what is going on here. People claiming to have been here for 10 years have only experienced the AT years and have no valid point of reference. Otherwise, as pointed out by others, they could see that none of the 19 coups, particularly the most recent ones, did much to further Thailand's development. This one is no different. People who are already eulogizing Prayuth do so because they have no valid points of reference, nothing to really compare him or this current junta with.

In every country, there are checks and balances and when the balance in Thailand upsets a certain group of entitled individuals, the army provides the checks.

Please don't try to compare Thaksin to Jesus Christ.

The former is a greedy man who by chance realized he could stay in power permanently by offering the people a few sweeties, 2 of those benefited the people, namely health care and minimum wage, but the rest did nothing for the common man.

His real love was power,which combined with his wealth was intoxicating for him. He had no real love for the working class, every crony, friend was rich, by whatever means.

Jesus Christ was prepared to die for his beliefs, Thaksin preferred to run away and go shopping in a high class French Mall in 2010.

What a weasel.

Comparing who to what now?

I was making an analogous reference for those maybe not sharp enough to... oh, never mind.

By the way, your analogous reference has probably offended weasels everywhere.

Are you STILL spending hours of your life on here everyday arguing the same BS with people who now get their posts deleted if they criticise the dictator?

Jesus have you no friends or lifewhatsoever? You mentioned before you dont even live in Thailand but in Aus, have you really nothing better to do?

What possesses you to write this <deleted>?laugh.png

So you cannot rebut what I said either?

May reconciliation be with you.

oh you don't even live in Thailand? that reduces your credibility completely I just 'assumed' with all your posts that you reside here - at least then you would have some idea and, even if I don't like your arguments, I'd respect that you live here

I'm sure Jamie said he lives in Khon Kaen ?

haha. Still can't rebut what I said and then change the subject to where I live?

Apparently he thinks I am a 2 week millionaire too.. Let em believe what they want now.

yes binjalin. I will live where ever you think I live!!!!

<EDIT> Ask heybruce where I live? He was the last one that said I had no credibility because I didn't live here or he stated in fact "I was a 2 week millionaire"

I think you guys are baiting me to pin point my exact location.

No more. Akeyuth is still fresh in my mind.

Edited by djjamie

Yes he had a choice. He could have supported the King’s appointed government, which also, unusually for Thailand, was elected with an absolute majority. The fact that he did not gave enormous encouragement to the street demonstrations. Most particularly Prayuth and the army could have ensured that the February election was completed successfully. It would not have required anything more than making it clear that the army would not permit disruption of the process. I doubt very much if any force would have been necessary. But of course, as always with the army and just as we have in the present situation, making clear that it is to be deployed decisively is enough.

Having said that, I am not at all sure that Prayuth is the real power behind the coup any more than Sonthi was in 2006. What has happened shows all the signs of having been a concerted plan to undermine the elected government in which, the army, the courts, the Election Commission, the NACC, the “Democrat” party and Suthep’s street parties were all just part players. Furthermore I suspect that the plan was already in development at least from 3rd July 2011. Wild conspiracy theory? No, I don’t think so. The pieces all fit together far too snugly to allow any other sensible conclusion.

Wild conspiracy theory? No, I don’t think so

Well, it is not exactly going to be a conspiracy theory if you believe it is it? It then becomes fact according to you. So it is a conspiracy theory that you believe to be true, but is in fact a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories in general appeal to a sense of rebellion in people and I see that in you.

As Wikipedia puts it, "a rebellion is, in the most general sense, a refusal to accept authority." And have to face it when the UDD and the PTP are perpetually on the wrong side of the law or the "right" side of the gun and their shadowy existence being played out to the point where the PTP is controlled by an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive, then dog gone it, they deserve a medal for not respecting authority.

The PTP and the UDD don't want to be sheep who are patronized by authority and told what they have to do and how they have to think. They always distrust authorities and they believe that authorities abuse people for their own benefit. This is an extremely fertile ground for conspiracy theories.

This is so ingrained in the PTP/UDD that a sentence like "the official story" or "Prayuths Mission" basically becomes a synonym for "a coverup or lie". Whenever "the official story" is mentioned, it immediately makes the red apologists think that it's some kind of coverup, something not true or something to deny. Heck the PTP spokesman Prompong Nopparit's full time job was denying!! A ministry of propaganda and a minister of denying! What can possible go wrong...

Anyway - Conspiracy theorists such as the PTP or their militia wing are masters at abusing this psyhcological phenomenon for their advantage. They basically insinuate that if you believe the official story then you are gullible because you are being lied to. They want to make it feel that doubting the original story is a sign of intelligence and logical thinking. Just look at Chalerm.

However, believing a conspiracy theory usually shows, quite ironically, a great lack of logical thinking. Again, just look at Chalerm.

Edited by djjamie

For jeez sake Nation writers. Are you lot the three monkeys in reality. A reasonably good analogy ruined by this monkey trite at the end:-

"He must declare that it won't be his forever"...what do you think he has been saying right from day one.

Unless....

Remember, he leaves the military in 3 months. Time to enter politics? that's why he's giving the people bread and circus's.

haha. Still can't rebut what I said and then change the subject to where I live?

Apparently he thinks I am a 2 week millionaire too.. Let em believe what they want now.

<EDIT> Ask heybruce where I live? He was the last one that said I had no credibility because I didn't live here or he stated in fact "I was a 2 week millionaire"

nice try... now answer the question (which is about credibility)

we do not care WHERE you live in Thailand but do you LIVE in Thailand? from your evasion I very much doubt it whereas before I assumed it

If the party that lost the elections is unhappy with the result then there is a way out: do better, offer policies the majority of the people want and you will be in the next government.

So offer 41% above market value then to 7% of the population? Do you not read my posts or do you conveniently ignore them because it does not suit your agenda?

I stated that 7% of the population (rice farmers) or 14% of the population (redshirts) were offered unsustainable scheme to win their votes while the other 93% or 86% of the population were ignored because they did not vote for the PTP. That is not a majority of the population ergo the Thai people as a whole will not benefit. 7% will benefit at the behest of the remainder.

So the below actions by the PTP is OK then because they were elected?

Plodprasop said as much regarding the convention centre in Phuket by telling them that when they vote for the PTP they will get what they want. To reiterate, this is a PTP deputy prime minister (the number 2, "big boss") telling the public they will get what they want when they vote PTP. Is that democracy? Apparently it is IF they were elected.

What is the job of a freely elected government? To abuse power, blatant corruption, ramming through amnesties against the will of the majority, running the country by an unelected criminal and telling voters "you will get what you want when you vote for us"? Apparently it is IF they were elected.

Do you not agree that a democracy is an ability to appeal to a broad section of the population or do you think it is OK to exclude over 80% of the population and reward the other 20% because they voted for the PTP? Apparently it is OK IF they were elected.

According to your analogy Al- Bashir won the last election with 68% of the vote and he has ruled Sudan since 1989, al-Bashir is wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes and crimes against humanity, namely in the Darfur region. 2.7 million people are believed to have been displaced since 2003 as a result of his military campaign against the Darfur rebels. He was elected. I would suggest they need reform. Apparently they don't because he was elected.

Name a deputy PM in any country (apart from dictatorial countries in Africa) that state "you will get what you want when you vote for us". Actually don't, because I know you will cherry pick that statement to avoid the inconvenient reality of PTP politics.

Are you STILL spending hours of your life on here everyday arguing the same BS with people who now get their posts deleted if they criticise the dictator?

Jesus have you no friends or lifewhatsoever? You mentioned before you dont even live in Thailand but in Aus, have you really nothing better to do?

What possesses you to write this <deleted>?laugh.png

So you cannot rebut what I said either?

May reconciliation be with you.

oh you don't even live in Thailand? that reduces your credibility completely I just 'assumed' with all your posts that you reside here - at least then you would have some idea and, even if I don't like your arguments, I'd respect that you live here

Next it will be, if you don't liv in Thailand, don't support red shirts and don't have blonde hair and blue eyes it reduces your credibility completely. What next, you must live in the north of Thailand?

You have epitomized exactly why I don't follow the red shirt ethos.

nice try... now answer the question (which is about credibility)

we do not care WHERE you live in Thailand but do you LIVE in Thailand? from your evasion I very much doubt it whereas before I assumed it

Ha, so you could not rebut my claim now my "credibility" depends on where I live??? Are you OK mate?

I am not going to prove to you were I live. I have done it 3 times and I like I said if you think I live outside Thailand then great. I will live where ever you think I live.

Ask heyBruce where I live cause he was the last one to question it and I showed him beyond a shadow of a doubt where it was. He now has me on ignore after my reply.

<EDIT> I am sure Fathaggis knows as well as he replied the heybruce comments from memory.

What color hair do you have? If it is not blonde you have no credibility.

Edited by djjamie

Next it will be, if you don't liv in Thailand, don't support red shirts and don't have blonde hair and blue eyes it reduces your credibility completely. What next, you must live in the north of Thailand?

not at all... another poster said you lived outside Thailand and I was asking you. Trust you to bring in politics and red shirts BTW I am not a red shirt and nor do i follow them

not at all... another poster said you lived outside Thailand and I was asking you. Trust you to bring in politics and red shirts BTW I am not a red shirt and nor do i follow them

I didn't say your a red shirt. I said……ahh forget it.

You must have blonde hair!!!