Permit to stay, extension, Mae Hongson.

Pond Life

Has anyone had recent experience of getting an extension to stay on their non immigrant O marriage visa.

Specifically Im interested in the Mae Hongson Immigration office.

Im due for a renewal in a few days & they always catch me out with some new requirement.

My list from last year is:

TM 7 + fee

Marriage certificate copy

Wifes Tabien Baan copy

Wifes ID card copy

Passport, visa & arrival card copy

Bank letter & copy of bank book 400 k B

Bank book for checking account for living expenses, copy

2 passport photos

Hand drawn map to house

Photo of you & wife in front of house

Photos of you & wife in every room of the house

Has anyone ever been asked for a recent Kor Ror 2 ( marriage registration from Ampur)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pond Life

I used to live up there and know that the Immigration can be quite awkward at the best of times (eight or nine years ago but know some things never change). A good friend of mine that is on a retirement visa found that it was far easier to pop over to Chiang Mai for his extension than put up with their regulations.

He's never gone back to MHS Immigration after finding it far easier to get his extension in CM although it may involve an hour waiting until your numbers called.

I'd summarise my experiences with MHS Immigration as frustrating as they're looking for "tea money" even if everything is perfect. In CM, processed and on your way with a nice smile.

Hi Pond Life

I used to live up there and know that the Immigration can be quite awkward at the best of times (eight or nine years ago but know some things never change). A good friend of mine that is on a retirement visa found that it was far easier to pop over to Chiang Mai for his extension than put up with their regulations.

He's never gone back to MHS Immigration after finding it far easier to get his extension in CM although it may involve an hour waiting until your numbers called.

I'd summarise my experiences with MHS Immigration as frustrating as they're looking for "tea money" even if everything is perfect. In CM, processed and on your way with a nice smile.

That one hour wait can be a come back tomorrow wait unless you get an appointment on line. Even then we had a thread a few days ago complaining about it.

In the past Mae Hongson residents were refused service at CM and told they had to use their home province.

Most of my problems at MHS have probably been due to my refusal to hand over a bottle of whiskey.

However a well placed source says that the largest whiskey consumer has been moved to Chiang Rai.

I'd summarise my experiences with MHS Immigration as frustrating as they're looking for "tea money" even if everything is perfect.

Ah so that's it - I always thought they were just xenophobic psychopaths.

FYI Pond Life the guy after me the other day came in with a big fruit basket...