Savannakhet multi-O child custody with custody paper visa rejected

I just went to Savannakhet to make the 1 year non-O visa based on custody of a child. I took my custody registration and divorce registration paper which states the mother gave up custody of the child to the father. The paper was from our divorce 5 years ago from Bangkok Ratchatewi registrar office.

From what I read from the forum, with custody paper, one year multi visa can be obtained from this consulate, but that is not the case, the visa clerk told me they never give multiple visa for child custody, even with custody paper or court paper, only a single 90 days, I told them I read online other have obtained multiple from this consulate with custody paper, then he gave my forms to another clerk, she told me the same, she said this consulate never give multiple O to child custody, only 90 days single.

She said multiple O is only for married couple. She was very very firm about this even I reasoned to her that I read many cases people got multi O from child custody from this consulate. So with custody paper or without it just a birth certificate, it's same only 90 days single. I declined the 90 day visa because I never stay that long, I come and go for work, my original plan is to stay in Thailand with my kid for a year because we never really lived in Thailand before, always only very short stay, I was thinking spending a year in Chiang Mai with the kid. Single 90 day visa just not convenient for me,

I never stay that long at a time, I have to go back to check on my company time to time.

So my plan to spend a year with the kid here is on hold, if I cannot even obtain a visa that is flexible enough for me to stay longer or shorter according to my unexpected schedule, even with child custody paper of a Thailand national.

Anyways, I just want to report my experience multi-O was rejected with custody paper at Savannakhet.

Edited by papafreddy

Multi-Entry Tourist Visa.

60 day PoS at entry.

Extended at Immigration for 30 days based on visiting child.

Repeat.

Rules might be different again by the time it is up (6 or 9 months depending).

"Multi-Entry Tourist Visa."

There isn't such a visa. Multiple entry refers to a visa with unlimited entries with the time it's valid. Tourist visas have a set number of entries.

OP, did they say anything about extending the single entry visa at an immigration office?

That's probably what they expect someone in your situation to do. Off that you could get a multiple re-entry permit which would allow you to travel.

It has been a while since I can recall a report of getting one in Savannakhet so perhaps they have changed.

If you had accepted the single entry visa you could of used it to a apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration during the last 45 days or your 90 day entry (If you needed to leave during the.90 days you could of gotten a re-entry permit that would keep the entry valid.). You would need to show 400k baht in a Thai bank or 40k baht income. When you apply for the extension you would get a 30 day under consideration stamp but you can get a re-entry permit for that 30 days if you needed to leave. Then after you got your extension stamp you could apply a multiple re-entry permit.

• Like 1

There isn't such a visa. Multiple entry refers to a visa with unlimited entries with the time it's valid. Tourist visas have a set number of entries.

There are both single and multi entry tourist visas.

Single entry allows 1 entry.

Multi entry allow either 2 or 3 entries.

Called Double or Triple entry Tourist Visas. Reduced to Multi-Entry for ease. rolleyes.gif

With a triple entry visa and extensions and border runs he can have a decent amount of time here. Upto 9 months.

Edited by 332

There are both single and multi entry tourist visas.

Single entry allows 1 entry.

Multi entry allow either 2 or 3 entries.

Called Double or Triple entry Tourist Visas. Reduced to Multi-Entry for ease. rolleyes.gif

With a triple entry visa and extensions and border runs he can have a decent amount of time here. Upto 9 months.

For visas multiple means unlimited entries. When you write multiple for a tourist visa it would imply unlimited entries.

Single 90 day visa just not convenient for me,
I never stay that long at a time, I have to go back to check on my company time to time.

When you travel from Thailand to Savannakhet to apply for a multiple-entry non-O visa you give the impression that you live and perhaps illegally work in Thailand. My suggestion would be to apply in the country where you reside permanently and have your company.

When you travel from Thailand to Savannakhet to apply for a multiple-entry non-O visa you give the impression that you live and perhaps illegally work in Thailand. My suggestion would be to apply in the country where you reside permanently and have your company.

My country is Netherlands, my company is in Kobe Japan. I have tried the Osaka Thai consulate which is nearby Kobe, they also refused me a multiple O, also called Tokyo embassy they also said can only give single 90 days O, also have called some honorary consuls, they said they have no power to give multiple O, told me to apply in Tokyo embassy, so I did search around in Japan a bit already.

I think Amsterdam consulate probably the best bet, but I won't be back there until around march april next year. I plan to long stay in southeast Asia with my kid and my Japanese girlfriend for one year or so, we picked Chiang Mai at first, but gradually I find the Thai visa is really a hassle even having a child who has a Thai nationality, the visa issue is much more hassle than I and my girlfriend expected, and if she is to stay one year here with us, she also need some form of multiple visa as well, that is another issue, and the only visa that fit my schedule is the flexible one year non O, which I can stay short or long. But I probably cannot get in nearby countries. I heard there are fixers in Vientiane for a few thousand bahts service charge, but not sure geniune or not.

Anyways, we now just tour around north Thailand for a while, and probably move on to Malaysia for a long stay where all three of us can stay visa free 90 days each time. Thank you for all the informations.

I have a multiple entry non immigrant o based on dependent child, not married. I got it from Savannakhet in March without any problem. Maybe things have changed. I have had a couple of them over the years. Recently we went through the court to get the legal custody issue form - joint custody. My daughter's mother gives me a paper saying we live together, have been for 10 years, etc. I'll be good through June 2015. By then things will have changed again.

• 2 months later...

Someone can tell me his experiences in the last few months about this?

Actually I planned to got to Savannakhet in a few weeks because I want to apply for a Non-O multiple entry because of having a Thai Child. Will have also parental right court decision with me. Thai child is living with his mother in Thailand, not married to her.

What you were told at the embassy , I was also told , luckily before I rocked up at the embassy

Apparently you start off with a single entry 90 day O and then extend

I'g getting a spousal Visa now , so I can get the multi entry outside of Thailand

• 1 month later...

There have been other reports of them being done. I don't know if was a problem with the OP's documents or if the consular officer was having a bad day. It could of been there was no proof his child was living with him also.

Are you getting custody or legitimization from the court? Are you still with your child's mother?

There have been other reports of them being done. I don't know if was a problem with the OP's documents or if the consular officer was having a bad day. It could of been there was no proof his child was living with him also.

Are you getting custody or legitimization from the court? Are you still with your child's mother?

Legitimization. Yes I am still with the mother.

Legitimization. Yes I am still with the mother.

Being a family helps.

You should have your child's mother's house book and ID card copies with your application. She should also sign and date your child's house book and birth certificate copies.

Having them with you would be a big plus.

• 5 months later...

Just got off the phone with Savannakhet and asked if I could get a multi entry 1 year non o based on my child, added that I have legitimazation paperwork etc, was told they will only give 90 day single entry for visa based on child support.

If I get the 90 day single entry, I need to leave Thailand twice in the period before I can apply for an extension, is this possible, can I get a multiple entry re-entry permit for a 90 day non-imm o and due to time constraints i.e. leaving Thailand the day after getting the Non-imm o, can it be done in the airport? A google search that led back to Thai Visa said it can be done at the airport but that there are no reports of anyone actually doing it?

If I get the 90 day single entry, I need to leave Thailand twice in the period before I can apply for an extension, is this possible, can I get a multiple entry re-entry permit for a 90 day non-imm o and due to time constraints i.e. leaving Thailand the day after getting the Non-imm o, can it be done in the airport? A google search that led back to Thai Visa said it can be done at the airport but that there are no reports of anyone actually doing it?

You can the re-entry permit at the airport. Both airports in Bangkok have re-entry permit desks that are open 24 hours a day.

The fact that you just did an entry on your visa will make no difference.

It would be best to get two single re-entry permits. A multiple costs 3800 baht verses 1000 baht for a single.

• Like 1

You can the re-entry permit at the airport. Both airports in Bangkok have re-entry permit desks that are open 24 hours a day.

The fact that you just did an entry on your visa will make no difference.

It would be best to get two single re-entry permits. A multiple costs 3800 baht verses 1000 baht for a single.

That's great news, thanks.

Note that if you do the re-entry permit at the airport there is a 200 Baht service fee, but no form or photos are needed, the girls do everything.

Takes about 20 minutes.

Thanks Crossy, good to know I don't need to bring anything with me.

BTW, do you know the location of the counter, I checked the airports website but I can't seem to locate Zone 2 on the 4th floor in my minds eye, is it before orcafter immigration?

Edited by paul1970