The Best Day Ever on Phuket

Pinot

I'll make it simple.

If the Chanote is legal, they stay. If it ain't, they won't.

That applies to all beaches.

Although you can try and make it sound simple it is not. Illegal/disputed chanotes for huge developments have been investigated months/years ago. They most likely will not be removed because it is not a simple job.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569879-national-parks-dept-to-charge-phuket-resort-owner-with-encroachment/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make it simple.

Although you can try and make it sound simple it is not. Illegal/disputed chanotes for huge developments have been investigated months/years ago. They most likely will not be removed because it is not a simple job.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569879-national-parks-dept-to-charge-phuket-resort-owner-with-encroachment/

Ahhhhh......but, the army wasn't in charge then, was it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll make it simple.

Ahhhhh......but, the army wasn't in charge then, was it?

I am so proud of the job in Surin.....taxis are back in the carpark using about 3 of the customer parking spaces, there is one hot dog sam-lor in the car park and about 4 on the public pathway.

Also they have removed all the seawall defences. So now although you go and sit on a nice picnic blanket in the sand and have uninterrupted views of the sea you have about a 5% chance of leaving the beach alive as there are 300ft Casurina tress falling all around you.

This is one of the small trees....one of many that has fallen already.

20140714091519.jpg

Sorry, that doesn't come into it.

The general is working from a known map in Surin. Everything from the beach to the main road is public land.

Any Chanote within that area, such as Catch is a fake Chanote.

Please read the thread in more detail and you will see the discussion was about all beachclubs up to and including Layan. This includes Bliss, Xana, Zazada, Nicki etc etc

I don't think there are any Chanotes in Surin only rights to reside issued by the government. The "purpose of use" for the right to reside paperwork is what is being discussed for the units on the east side of Surin beach.

So my prediction is that they will not be removing all the beach clubs unless they do not have a chanote and are on public land or unless they can be proven to be on public land and have a chanote that was illegally issued (but even then they probably won't be removed). I think it highly unlikely that the Hilton in Naithon or Trisara will be effected for example.

Will not be removing the clubs unless they do not have a chanote. That's an insightful prediction...and meaningless.

There are currently super tides with damage all along the coast.

Sorry, that doesn't come into it.

The general is working from a known map in Surin. Everything from the beach to the main road is public land.

Any Chanote within that area, such as Catch is a fake Chanote.

Please read the thread in more detail and you will see the discussion was about all beachclubs up to and including Layan. This includes Bliss, Xana, Zazada, Nicki etc etc

I don't think there are any Chanotes in Surin only rights to reside issued by the government. The "purpose of use" for the right to reside paperwork is what is being discussed for the units on the east side of Surin beach.

So my prediction is that they will not be removing all the beach clubs unless they do not have a chanote and are on public land or unless they can be proven to be on public land and have a chanote that was illegally issued (but even then they probably won't be removed). I think it highly unlikely that the Hilton in Naithon or Trisara will be effected for example.

Will not be removing the clubs unless they do not have a chanote. That's an insightful prediction...and meaningless.

There are currently super tides with damage all along the coast.

Not really meaningless to be honest as there was a previous comment that all the west coast beach clubs will be removed and they will not.