Filipino documents to get married in thailand

Tine

My fiancée and I are planning to get married at the city hall. I am from the uk and he is from the Philippines. I got the affirmation of freedom to marry from the embassy and my fiancée got certification of legal capacity to contract marriage (clccm). I was advised that my affirmation and his clccm need to be translated and legalised. So I contacted a translation agency to arrange this for me. They told me that my affirmation was fine but the lady also told me there might be a problem with my fiancées clccm from the embassy as t doesn't contain as much information as mine and might not be enough to get married in thailand. I then went through all the stuff the embassy gave him he also has an affidavit of legal capacity to marry. I researched online and it says the clccm needs to be translated and legalised. But the agent says this isn't enough. Do I really need to get both translated and legalised? Or just the affidavit? Or just the clccm?

I am so confused and hope someone can help

Thanks

The affirmations of permit to ,marry vary from embassy to embassy. I am sure the Philippine embassy is aware of what is required. It could be the translator has never seen one from that embassy before.

Perhaps you should try another translation service.