Pattaya Clamp Down on Go Go Bars

Rimmer

Like the Cambodian exodus, likely this is a response to the media created attention to undocumented workers and those held to work seeming against their wills. Thailand has for decades been vilified in international media for these matters and the go go bars. There is a cycle to these things, and we are in that part of that cycle nowdays.

But, I also say....... Go Army! Clean out the Man In Dubai cronies.

Should this not be in the

R.A.S.T.A forum?

Aka retired American sex tourists abroad.

Most sex(y) activity in Pattaya tourist areas - like Walking Street - is legal.

Why would the Junta close legitimate businesses?

Maybe for dancing topless or nude, which isn't legal

The Royal Thai Police enforce the law that says topless and nude dancing is illegal.

The club owners then pay the local Royal Thai Police to make topless and nude dancing legal.

Do try and keep up.

Currently the army is living at the Pattaya police station and are cleaning up corruption, not only Pattaya but actually the whole of Thailand

Do try and keep up.smile.png

...and the band played, "Believe It If You Like."

go the junta!

hopefully they come down hard on the sex industry and the riff raff foreigners will go elsewhere and make thailand a better place for all.

Hopefully they come down hard on sactimonious low class hypocrites who have probably spent many an hour in the Kingdom staring at titties and botties in such places but now see themselves as pillars of society....

LOL, I'm sensing so e hostility HD, Constipated ?

I'd rather think of myself as high class hypocrite, having not been in a bar for a very long time and repelled by the downward slide of the scene about 25 years ago (more) I couldn't give a rats backside what they close down and if it reduced some of the DEAD beat grubs in tourist areas I could holiday in Phuket again smile.png without being exposed to all those creepy beer belly sexpats stinking the joint up wink.png

Imagine the productivity output in LOS if you could get all those lazy young folk out of the bars and into some meaningful type of employment, paying taxes and producing goods, low class deadbeats would move onto the phillipines or wherever and some better paying high class tourist might return, not to be repelled by the seedy cesspits that ooze out of joints like Patts, Patong, CM, and certain parts of Bangers.

For those lasses & lads desperate to apply the 'trade' they'd be no shortage of local opportunities 555555

Win win, in my eyes.

Teacher! Leave them sleazy ho's, pimps, creepy beer belly sexpats, beer bars, go-go bars, & nekkid wimmen alone! Our cesspit's got such wonderful local color & meets its market. Head to Sarasota, FLA, USA for your granny experience.

I like the Pink Floyd reference !! :-) Thailand is many different things for different people.

You don't like something? Just avoid it . No need to pass judgement on those that do avail

themselves....I don't make fun of people who spend time in temples....

Sarasota. Brings back memories of a long time ago there drinking magic mushroom tea made from

mushrooms that grew in fresh cow patties...

Most sex(y) activity in Pattaya tourist areas - like Walking Street - is legal.

Why would the Junta close legitimate businesses?

Maybe for dancing topless or nude, which isn't legal

The Royal Thai Police enforce the law that says topless and nude dancing is illegal.

The club owners then pay the local Royal Thai Police to make topless and nude dancing legal.

Do try and keep up.

Currently the army is living at the Pattaya police station and are cleaning up corruption, not only Pattaya but actually the whole of Thailand

So why are they still collecting large amounts of tea money from go go bars, is that not corruption. Its going into the pockets of the BIB in soi 9 and i cannot believe the boss aint getting a cut. Get real

So why are they still collecting large amounts of tea money from go go bars, is that not corruption. Its going into the pockets of the BIB in soi 9 and i cannot believe the boss aint getting a cut. Get real

And you know that they are still collecting large amounts of tea money because ?

Who told you that? I know from business owners friends that since the military coup, many BIB forgot to come ask for tea-money... :-) . BTW tea-money, even for agogo bars, is certainly not "large amount of money".

Pattaya gogos have always been subject to police raids, for licensing irregularities, underage or undocumented workers. Nothing unusual and completely un-coup related.

Yet Lucifers one of the largest clubs was able to operate for a year without renewing their licence

Unrelated to the amount they pay?

Club and bar owners have been warned by the military (not the police) 30 day closures for various misdemeanours - no tea money accepted

Yet Lucifers one of the largest clubs was able to operate for a year without renewing their licence

Very probably. It's far more cheaper to pay the license that to pay protection for not having it.

BTW Ginza Agogos, the ones who get raided last week-end, are now closed for 30 days by Police Order smile.png

Edited by Pattaya46

Pattaya gogos have always been subject to police raids, for licensing irregularities, underage or undocumented workers. Nothing unusual and completely un-coup related.

Club and bar owners have been warned by the military (not the police) 30 day closures for various misdemeanours - no tea money accepted

If that's true, but more importantly if it is maintained, it will certainly be a radical change. So far, it's too early to tell!

If you re-read the OP, there were violations in two venues found.

Hi. I wasn't replying to the OP but to irishsmile who want to close all places.

Many police raids recently, and still more than 40 agogos open on Walking Street area only.

Most offense you cited are exceptions, not the general case,

and I a happy that such places are closed when found guilty of not respecting rules.

PS: There is no more nudity in many agogos now: coyotes invasion sad.png

I meant clean up the image of the city by closing all sex related premises! It's about attracting and creating a more family orientated resort.

Many police raids recently, and still more than 40 agogos open on Walking Street area only.

and I a happy that such places are closed when found guilty of not respecting rules.

I meant clean up the image of the city by closing all sex related premises! It's about attracting and creating a more family orientated resort.

Think of the unemployment!

Both of them go well together IMO.