Buying Computer RAM - Advice Please

ThaiLife

I'm using a 2008 24'' iMac 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo that has 4GB of RAM , I would like to up grade the RAM to 6GB ( the recommended maximum ) the RAM up grade is normally sold as a 6GB kit ( 2GB+4GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 SODIMM Memory iMac 24" 2008 2.8GHz, 3.06GHz )

Ive had a look around my local computer shops but no luck , I can see the no name kits for sale on ebay , but they seem expensive with high shipping costs 4,500 Baht

A trip to Bangkok would be a right pain in the backside .

Does any one know of a Thai online web site where I could purchase from .

Thanks

Where are You, most places have a Tukcom these days. Check their website for the nearest branch.

You could try RS Online, fairly easy to deal with but not sure on payment options, I had to pay by bank transfer.

Where are You, most places have a Tukcom these days. Check their website for the nearest branch.

As far as know and according to the tukcom website Tukcom only has a total of 5 stores in Chonburi, Pattaya, Sriracha, Khon Kaen and Udon.

When I had a new computer built last year, I went to several shops with my draft design and asked for recommendations. I got some, specific brand names, model numbers, etc.

I was in no hurry so I went home, did more research, and went back weeks later with a better, more intelligent design. But then the same shops said they now recommended different components.

Confused, I started asking questions and found out that they all were simply recommending the specific item they had on hand that day. They all said that if I was in no hurry, they could order anything sold in Thailand.

So I would say you have two options if you do not want to travel. Mail order from a good source like InvadeIT or select what you want and have a local shop order it for you.

Out of interest, how do InvadeIT get around the natural light-fingeredness of the Thai postal system?

When I ordered a phone from LAZADA, they delivered it to my Bangkok address by messenger the next day.

I've used Thai Post many times; both EMS and their own parcel service and have never had anything come up missing in 10 years of use. In my eyes, a very dependable service. My local Post Office in Phra Khanong is much more efficiently run than the PO in my home city in the USA: like having queue numbers and parcel wrapping services.

Out of interest, how do InvadeIT get around the natural light-fingeredness of the Thai postal system?

When you order you get a list of shipping options. So you get to choose.

When I ordered, I chose Kerry Logistics. My shipment arrived the next day.

When I wanted to order a NAS complete with drives, Thomas send me this when I asked him which Shipping option I should choose.

For a NAS with drives I would probably not recommend EMS as it would be slightly on the big side, so either TNT or Kerry Logistics would be fine.

As far as know and according to the tukcom website Tukcom only has a total of 5 stores in Chonburi, Pattaya, Sriracha, Khon Kaen and Udon.

Apologies if it appeared misleading. Living in Chonburi they seem to be everywhere.