Farang noi in a bikini

advancebooking

To Robert 2006. I had a simple question. You wrote, ""As a westerner that lived many years in Asia having recently moved back to the west I must say I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again, its much less of a struggle."

Why did you tell us? Not casting any stones. I just wondered why you would tell the posters on Thai Visa that, " I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again." I'm not debating what you said. I am making no value judgment. I just wondered why you would want to tell us/me?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Robert 2006. I had a simple question. You wrote, ""As a westerner that lived many years in Asia having recently moved back to the west I must say I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again, its much less of a struggle."

Why did you tell us? Not casting any stones. I just wondered why you would tell the posters on Thai Visa that, " I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again." I'm not debating what you said. I am making no value judgment. I just wondered why you would want to tell us/me?

I did tell you, but you’re not seeing the answer to your question in my posts.

Post #1 - I don’t think most westerners think their culture is superior they merely prefer their culture.

As a westerner that lived many years in Asia having recently moved back to the west I must say I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again, it’s much less of a struggle.

Post #3 - It is nice to be in my native culture speaking my native tongue, in no way does that translate into “I’m not happy when I’m in Thailand”.

The answer is: I like my culture, its easier for me, I get to speak English, I don’t think my culture is superior to any other culture but I prefer it for myself, in no way does that mean I’m not happy when I’m living in the Thai culture, I find their culture fascinating, but it’s not my culture it’s theirs. In Thailand culturally I’m an outsider looking in. That’s what I like about living in different parts of the world, fro me its stimulating, it engages my mind adapting to the languages and cultural differences.

What is your issue with me stating that I like my culture and my native people? I can’t think of a culture or a people I don’t like, there all fascinating, but of all the cultures and people in the world my personal favorite is my own.

Post #1 - I don’t think most westerners think their culture is superior they merely prefer their culture.

As a westerner that lived many years in Asia having recently moved back to the west I must say I really like being in my own culture and with my native people again, it’s much less of a struggle.

Post #3 - It is nice to be in my native culture speaking my native tongue, in no way does that translate into “I’m not happy when I’m in Thailand”.

The answer is: I like my culture, its easier for me, I get to speak English, I don’t think my culture is superior to any other culture but I prefer it for myself, in no way does that mean I’m not happy when I’m living in the Thai culture, I find their culture fascinating, but it’s not my culture it’s theirs. In Thailand culturally I’m an outsider looking in. That’s what I like about living in different parts of the world, fro me its stimulating, it engages my mind adapting to the languages and cultural differences.

What is your issue with me stating that I like my culture and my native people? I can’t think of a culture or a people I don’t like, there all fascinating, but of all the cultures and people in the world my personal favorite is my own.

I understand all of that. Why do you think anyone living in Thailand would want to know your favorite culture?

I understand all of that. Why do you think anyone living in Thailand would want to know your favorite culture?

Explain for me why anyone living in Thailand would find any interest in your perspectives? You’re a very prolific commentator over 4,600 comments, you have a lot to say, explain to me the value you perceive you add to the forum for its members?

Lets stop the bickering please.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

go give it a try, swim in your pants and t-shirts, in the salty sea, then when getting back to the beach, sit down in a chair and try to relax in your wet clothes. You will soon see why the Thais only go swimming short of driving back home, so they can sit on the pickup in their wet clothes trying to look and appear happy. They must feel like crabs in a rubber suit . .it is so reekingly uncomfortable, and so far off from a relaxed way to handle your day at the beach. Yes you are right, pity them for their inability to catch the "right" feeling. Som Nam Na I would say

I never take my clothes of, I always swim with my clothes on and shower with my clothes on.

You're a never-nude too?!? let's start a support forum!

It seems to me this faux modesty is a working class thing mostly. Most likely with the explicit intent of separating yourself from the bar girl stigma. Maybe we underestimate just how many bar girls of some sort there is in this country and we all know the uniform right? Every working class girl knows a bar girl or knows someone who knows a bar girl.

As another poster pointed out, the entirety of SEA were historically happy go lucky, tits out and dancing under the palm trees cultures. Go look at Angkor Wat, more topless women there than a girly magazine. The modesty thing is a direct rejection of western ideals.

The light skinned, middle class to upper class babes I've seen in swimming pools and beaches don't seem to care much about their skin getting darker (they probably understand it is temporary) or that they will be perceived as bar girls. The only women I saw covering up in these private pools were the family of westerners and from less affluent backgrounds.

"Obviously none of these people have ever visited a Western country and probably will not their whole life. I feel for this reason that many thai's will remain insulated in their beliefs."

Ethnocentric much? How many westerners--Americans, lets say--have visited Asian countries? Since when has it been that people are somehow incomplete until they've made a pilgrimage to the great lands of the West.

• Like 2

lots of experts as always on thai visa.

Thai Visa - the Hub of Expertiseism !

(Might take 2 or 20 years for that newly made up word to make it into a mainstream dictionary - mark your calendars so you can tell your grandchildren that you were there the day the word was invented !)