Foreigner with dark skin found dead on Pattaya beach

Rimmer

Foreigner with dark skin found dead on Pattaya beach

Pattaya - A foreigner with dark skin and a crew cut haircut was found dead on the Pattaya beach Tuesdya morning.

A beach bed operator found the body and alerted police. The man was unidentified because he had no identification or document on him. He was wearing a black vest and black shorts.

The man had no trace of injuries and police suspected that he might drown while swimming and was swept ashore.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-17

"Dark Skin" is not a race of people, my guess one less Nigerian to worry about in Thailand, so that would make he a Negro. God rest him !!

No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings.

We can pick our nose, but not our race.

Jerry

• Like 1

"Dark Skin" is not a race of people, my guess one less Nigerian to worry about in Thailand, so that would make he a Negro. God rest him !!

No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings.

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

• Like 2

Why the negativity towards Nigerians? Why signal them out from all the "negro" countries/nationalities?

As an American, the term "negro" started to disappear from our vocabulary/documents say 45 years ago but not sure if that term still applies in usage in other ocuntries or continents...

CB

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

No it's not! Nigger is now classified as racist, negro is perfectly acceptable for "dark skinned" people fromAfrica etc.

Edited by Seelow

You can't say ni**er, in case it offends.... even though they use that word a lot.

You can't say negro in case that offends and they use that word also between themselves.

There are a host of other words as well that you can't use in case it offends.

Seems that no matter what word you use to refer to someone of African descent, someone will be offnded and call you a racist.

So on that rationale, it is the fact you are referring to someone of 'African descent' is the offensive act and not the word.

Which by the same rationale... dark skinned and Afro-Carriean should also be considered offensive because it means you are pointing out an African descended person...... How absolutely racist.

Don't talk about them..... much better.... No wait!.... that would be racist.

• Like 1

I think what the article is trying to say is a Caucasian with unusually sunburnt skin. I have seen a person like this wandering around over the last month or two. I couldn't help noticing him because of his very deeply tanned face.

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

only ignorant people are racist......Try to think human and not race,,,,,,scientifically race doesn't exist

I'm not sure if that is true, I think there is actually an anthropological basis for classifying people according race, i.e skull structure, cheekbone position, things like that

Why the negativity towards Nigerians? Why signal them out from all the "negro" countries/nationalities?

As an American, the term "negro" started to disappear from our vocabulary/documents say 45 years ago but not sure if that term still applies in usage in other ocuntries or continents...

CB

According to UNCF website: http://www.uncf.org/sections/WhoWeAre/index.asp

"The United Negro College Fund is the nations largest and most effective minority education organization".

If the name were "racist" then I would think this organization, which predominantly provides service to the African-American community, would not use it and its membership would boycott its use of the term.

The term simply fell out of popular use in America as the description, African-American, came into popularity.

Cheers

• Like 1

only ignorant people are racist......Try to think human and not race,,,,,,scientifically race doesn't exist

Raymond, I hope you are successful in your fight because I have always resented being called Caucasian.

In Thailand, is the expression "dark skinned" a well-known reference to Africans?

It's true that race amongst humans does not exist. Al humans belong to the species Homo sapiens and as in mammals the next division is called subspecies, not race (like in birds). Humans all belong to the subspecies sapiens. In full: Homo sapiens sapiens.

Add to that that the African Homo erectus has replaced other species, like Homo neanderthalensis, Homo rhodesiensis and Homo heidelbergensis, it means in fact that all non-African people are descending from the African Homo erectus, thus being more closely related to each other.

Skin colour can change in 100 generations, depending on climate.

From a directive of the European Union:

"The European Union rejects theories which attempt to determine the existence of separate human races."

Council Directive 2000/43/EC[129]

Raymond, I hope you are successful in your fight because I have always resented being called Caucasian.

In Thailand, is the expression "dark skinned" a well-known reference to Africans?

Thais call African people "chocolate, dark-skinned is reserved for Southern Thais and sometimes NE Thais (Isan)

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

There are three major races; Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid. Individual members of the three races can be referred to as Caucasian, Mongol and Negro. Simply using that nomenclature is not racist.

• Like 1

Back to the subject: how about a photo (digitize face if they wish), height, approx weight, any distinguishing marks/tattoos.... to help identify him. Just saying "dark skin" is like trying to turn in some Thai girl for crime "Black hair, brown eyes". Boy that sure narrows it! Picture worth a thousand words give or take a few

It's true that race amongst humans does not exist. Al humans belong to the species Homo sapiens and as in mammals the next division is called subspecies, not race (like in birds). Humans all belong to the subspecies sapiens. In full: Homo sapiens sapiens.

Add to that that the African Homo erectus has replaced other species, like Homo neanderthalensis, Homo rhodesiensis and Homo heidelbergensis, it means in fact that all non-African people are descending from the African Homo erectus, thus being more closely related to each other.

Skin colour can change in 100 generations, depending on climate.

From a directive of the European Union:

"The European Union rejects theories which attempt to determine the existence of separate human races."

Council Directive 2000/43/EC[129]

Can you still say homo? sad.png

• Like 1