Thailand ranks second in ASEAN for prevalence of obesity

Lite Beer

Or should we get on the old "make anything harmful to humans illegal" bandwagon and outlaw food that has too much fat and sugar? I'd prefer the "be responsible for your own health and make well-informed choices" approach instead for any consumables whether it be food or drugs.

Thanks for bringing common sense an logic in to this discussion.

I seriously wonder why some farangs move to Thailand an then complain that Thailand isn't over-regulated an over-taxed like the neo-police state western nations we moved from.

If you want a Nanny-State, go back to Europe or some northeastern state in the US that has laws to protect you from yourself.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Distribute free methamphetamines to obese fatties to help them slim down rapidly.

(Just kidding on point #3)

Methaphetamine ("ya ba", "ice") is far more addictive and harmful than MDMA due to the different ways they are processed in the human body. Methaphetamine can be fun but it doesn't reach the level of MDMA. I think MDMA is overall the better choice for weight loss whilst having an awesome time partying. Just try not to move whilst listening to music and on MDMA - it's impossible.

Edited by hyperdimension

Looks like I'm in the right country. I like chubby girls! tongue.png

thaifatty_zpsde1b92ac.jpg

Thai Food, is heavy salted and also heavy sugared, most drinks contain spoons of sugar or syrup....

Being Western it's so easy to pile on the pounds over here, we just have to watch what we eat....

Agreed!

Farangs are so quick to blame McDonald's or KFC for being unhealthy. Thai food is very unhealthy yet farangs get all excited when they see noodles an vegetables. Thai food is often fried, has lots of sugar and salt added an vegetables lose their nutritious value once you start cooking them. Those have to be eaten raw.

A plate of pad thai has more calories than a Big Mac.

I was surprised to find out you are...almost right about health value, being different than a straight calorie count. The calories are much higher -- 720 for phad thai versus 560 for a big muck, A serving does have more calories (even shrimp Phad Thai), but the fat content is about 28% of a big muck for shrimp Phad Thai (17 grams) and 35% less for chicken (20 grams) versus the veritable BigMuck, weighing in at a whopping 48 grams of fat. Even more interestingly, when nuts are consumed with simple carbs like noodles in Phad Thai, the glycemic index is much slower to rise as the mixed food makes the stomach react by allowing less sucrose to pass directly into the bloodstream.

A nutritionist told me one huge problem in the west is protein -- meat larger than a deck of playing cards per meal is unhealthy. She told us that we could eat anything we wanted as long as we controlled our portions. My weight came way down, my blood sugar leveled off, and I lived happily ever after.

But a piece of steak the size of a deck of playing cards is, sadly, sort of like eating one crisp...so I break the rules once a month or so.

sad.png

Last time i was in the big tesco in Petchabun,the mother had about 20 donuts on the tray,her two chubby little emporer's ,salivating as they looked wide eyed at the tray,as they waddled in front of me,when was the last time if ever they kicked a football around i wondered,i could see them on their i pad's at home scoffing donut's,drinking coca cola,thing is in twenty years they could have serious health problems,it was obvious to me donut's were the last thing they needed,but how could Mummy deny,her two little king's,and therein lies a lot of the problem,plus the fact that kon Thai like to eat every 2 hour's,when i first came here in 1989,you could hardly even get bread,i don't recall seeing many fat people then.

It does seem as though parents and grandparents do forcefeed their kids as a way of keeping them amused/quiet/

I have often seen a little emperor having a tantrum in a shopping mall and the parents reward the bad behaviour by offering the kid any food he desires. More likely to be a boy than a girl, by the way - maybe it is the Asian way...

and yes, western junk food is at least partly to blame for obesity. Thai food is more to blame for high blood pressure, strokes and heart disease from salt, MSG, sugar etc

I am 5 ft 2 and 195 lbs. People give me compliments, since I used to be 295. "Wow, you lost so much weight. you look great!" hmmmm

I am 5 ft 8 and 215 lbs but I drink Diet Coke. I also talk about losing weight every day, but now nobody listens anymore.

I am 6 ft and 300 but I tell people I'm "big boned" and that I used to be a great football player 20-years ago. My gut hangs to my knees....

I could also be 5 ft 10 and 140 lbs and play video games and smoke, but I get tired after walking to 7-11.

Everyone knows if they should lose a few or not. If it's water loss or not. If they feel healthy, or not. If you exercise a lot, eat some salad, eat some fruit, and even eat some junk food, you will be fine unless there is some crazy thing in your family history you need to watch out for.

Thailand ranks second in ASEAN for prevalence of obesity

This is a sure sign of prosperity... or too many American fast-food franchises. Or, maybe both. In the 1990s I clearly remember seeing ONE fat Thai boy. Nowadays, obese children are commonplace. I blame Western diets 99%.

"The data reflected that obesity is usually caused among city people who are well off and receive higher salaries than those who live in the countryside." It is caused by eating high fat crap and not exercising, not higher salaries. Higher salaries enable them to think they are being upscale by eating at McDonalds (tell that to someone in USA and they won't believe that one!). Thais seem to hate to exercise: among other things it might build muscle, which is soo unfashionable! Reminds me of time girls had to take a couple bags of garbage maybe 100 feet to dumpster. They took the motorcycle!

Who writes this ferking crap? tending to have more tendency and this classic, the speculated tendency. Why don't I add one of my own, Thais are tending to have more tendency to accept that the speculated tendency is to believe its all tending to be tentative. Jeezus christ lift the game.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe the sticky rice has a lot of sugar in it,how's that for an outrageous post!

So true! However it's so easy to lay blame on the easy targets such as McDonald's and KFC.

Many local Thais like McDonald's because of the free air conditioning an comfortable place to sit an hang out with friends. I often see Thais bringing in local street vendor food inside McDonald's an only order a coke (which is the same sugary drink sold by the street vendor).

Many local street vendors an local business like the synergy created by the McDonald's an KFC. It creates high foot traffic an more customers for their stand as well.

Few more years, they'll look like Texans.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Texas has some big beautiful gals.

TexanBBW_zps5cacabf0.jpg

Yep, noticed this... As a sex tourist (perv) of discernment, I stopped coming to Thailand over 2 years ago due the fact that I can't find slim girls to my liking any more. I now get my sex tourism fix in Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia now instead! The girls are still super-slim there! Sorry Thailand, but I'm just not attracted to doughy girls!

You would LOVE North Korea!

All the women there are thin an their government already has a ban on 7Eleven, McDonald's and KFC.

So much doom & gloom in this thread. The local women wear the weight very well. :)

Ronald McDonald and Colonel Sanders are my heroes! :D

1017268_576668425710758_904465207_n1_zps

AsianBBW733759_482703665116420_187821176

The only new trend that bugs me is tattoos.

I would like to see a breakdown between males and "females".

Good question.

I'm glad I'm not in to skinny gals. A lot of Ladyboys imitate skinny girls.

A skinny man can easily imitate a skinny women. A fat man can't imitate a fat girl because men gain weight in different areas than women.

I'm only noticing the chubby girls because that is what I'm after. :P

Not too many big Thai guys out there. Many are slim.

No need, I'll just wait until I get banned. That tends to happen to me from time to time

So you get banned and come back with changed nick?

No wonder Thai Visa has so many members, but only few write. blink.png

Last time i was in the big tesco in Petchabun,the mother had about 20 donuts on the tray,her two chubby little emporer's ,salivating as they looked wide eyed at the tray,as they waddled in front of me,when was the last time if ever they kicked a football around i wondered,i could see them on their i pad's at home scoffing donut's,drinking coca cola,thing is in twenty years they could have serious health problems,it was obvious to me donut's were the last thing they needed,but how could Mummy deny,her two little king's,and therein lies a lot of the problem,plus the fact that kon Thai like to eat every 2 hour's,when i first came here in 1989,you could hardly even get bread,i don't recall seeing many fat people then.

That has to be the longest sentence I have ever seen. ;)............ cheesy.gif

Marko.. your wording is excellence par none, but as for grammar... clap2.gif completely entertaining.. wai.gif

Yep, noticed this... As a sex tourist (perv) of discernment, I stopped coming to Thailand over 2 years ago due the fact that I can't find slim girls to my liking any more. I now get my sex tourism fix in Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia now instead! The girls are still super-slim there! Sorry Thailand, but I'm just not attracted to doughy girls!

Wow!! Did he think he was typing in his diary. I think that comes under the heading of "too much honesty!!!" I have lost weight since i moved here. And I like slim girls too. Maybe I would lose even more weight too if i was in the abovementioned countries. (LOL)

Why do you think Thais park their bikes on the footpaths? To me it seems that they don't use these for walking, but only for parking outside their destination.

I've seen folk get on a motorbike and travel at least 50metres, then park and lock it. By that time I've walked past them.

They really seem to dislike walking anywhere.

If you eat lots of white rice it turns to sugar & soon leaves you hungry again with little food value. So diabetes is on the big uprise now. We used to say Thais only eat one meal a day. It starts when they get up...........................

Not sure anyone can look like Texans. Did you see the San Antonio-Miami final? I do not think there was a single cheerleader on the SA squad under 120 lbs. All were large. All had large waists. Not fat mind you. Toned. But large, big boned mamacitas. WOW. Glad they do not make them here, like they make them there. Too much milk, and beef? Who knows, but they are BIG.