Tony's is gone

JesseFrank

Did anyone notice that the all the big advertising billboards from Tony are removed and replaced by ads from Apples gym and entertainment.

So what's the story, has the Tony's bubble burst, has he sold the " conglomerate " to Apple, or is this another cheap trick to render all the lifetime memberships invalid and sell new ones.

Would like to hear the story from someone in the know.

• Like 2

OP: I cannot answer your specific question but a recent request at their reception counter got a quote @12,000 baht for taking out a 1 year membership and around 30,000 baht for life time membership.

Prices many people are not prepared to pay for what is in effect on a par with a pig sty.

Can anyone recommend an alternate gym in the South Pattaya or surrounding area?

Thank you.

Edited by Zodiac

Did anyone notice that the all the big advertising billboards from Tony are removed

and replaced by ads from Apples gym and entertainment.

Where did you see that ?

I didn't notice any change this morning on Soi 16 or Walking Street.

Did anyone notice that the all the big advertising billboards from Tony are removed

Where did you see that ?

There is a huge billboard for years on Sukhumvit just opposite South Pattaya road that has changed now, and there is another billboard for several months beside the highway when you drive direction Pattaya which also has changed. I have noticed other signs in other locations in Pattaya which have been changed to Apple as well.

Why not simply state that you write about two completely different locations instead of heating up?

Walking Street:

Soi 16 of Walking Street:

on Sukhumvit just opposite South Pattaya

Obviously Toni is not "gone" (completely).

This would make a big headline for Pattaya I guess.

Maybe he simple did not want to pay an inflated price for that billboard on Suk?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Why you not go look at the signs I mentioned, instead of trying to say I'm a liar ?

It was not at all my intention. Just an illustration of what I said in my previous message.

But as you raise this point: yes, your title is a lie. smile.pngwink.png

• Like 1

Why not simply state that you write about two completely different locations instead of heating up?

Walking Street:

Soi 16 of Walking Street:

on Sukhumvit just opposite South Pattaya

Obviously Toni is not "gone" (completely).

This would make a big headline for Pattaya I guess.

Maybe he simple did not want to pay an inflated price for that billboard on Suk?

Who said that the price got inflated ? After all he has that billboard for at least 15 years, and the new advertisement is from Apple, who runs the same club.

The billboard at the Khao Talo market, where he runs one of those cheap gyms, is also removed.

• 3 weeks later...

\Looks like the Soi 16 location. Link here

No, the Soi 16 gym closed in 2009. The Apple Complex is in Walking Street. There's no loss here - the gym was a joke and hardly anyone used it.

Some of his locations were up for sake for a long time.

I noticed the one on the corner of 3rd and Pattaya tai has changed and all over sudden became busy as well.

The new one Apple is the old playboy or something like that. It's not the same place where tony disco was/ is , it's about 100 meters up the road, opposite Marine

Where did you see that ?

There is a huge billboard for years on Sukhumvit just opposite South Pattaya road that has changed now, and there is another billboard for several months beside the highway when you drive direction Pattaya which also has changed. I have noticed other signs in other locations in Pattaya which have been changed to Apple as well.

Just come home up South Pattaya Road and there is a big new Tony's billboard back in the same old place on Suk opposite the South Pattaya Road traffic lights.

How long has Tony been using that same picture of himself? It seems I saw it for the first time about 14 years ago (year 2000) but I could be wrong.

I do not think current picture would do any good for business.

We all age with grace, grace is just not always too kind to allbiggrin.png