Lifan 200 Cross

AllanB

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

This photo has been shopped.

Notice how the photo is black and white except his pink chest.

Fakery hidden in plain sight!

Like planes flying into World Trade Center.

....OBVIOUSLY shopped.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

This photo has been shopped.

Notice how the photo is black and white except his pink chest.

Fakery hidden in plain sight!

Like planes flying into World Trade Center.

....OBVIOUSLY shopped.

Damn damn damn, I feel such a fool now......... I thought they were using black, white and pink film. It used to be called Technicolor.

Why is life so complicated now, when you got blown up in the past it was so easy to know who had killed you....Now, I just don't know anymore......

I didn't even know they fitted wind up windows on 767s.......... wacko.png

Edited by AllanB

Could leave rear wheel same diameter, only change front to 21"',

and raise the forks in the triple clamp

to mitigate gate seat height challenges.

I think Lifan want you to buy two bikes, I didn't like the Xplore, it felt odd and looked odd too. It felt smaller, I am not saying it was though, have to check.

The Cross is a nicely proportioned bike, the Xcross isn't IMO.

Honestly Allan, papa thinks Cross and X-plore are identically proportioned ' cept wheels...

...99% sure...

but will try to get a tape measure on it and we'll see, okay?

Facts > opinions.

Buy two; good idea,

but Lifan here doesn't even have two for sell, har har.

You should look into opening a dealership in KK.

Edited by papa al

Could leave rear wheel same diameter, only change front to 21"',

and raise the forks in the triple clamp

to mitigate gate seat height challenges.

I think Lifan want you to buy two bikes, I didn't like the Xplore, it felt odd and looked odd too. It felt smaller, I am not saying it was though, have to check.

The Cross is a nicely proportioned bike, the Xcross isn't IMO.

Honestly Allan, papa thinks Cross and X-plore are identically proportioned ' cept wheels...

...99% sure...

but will try to get a tape measure on it and we'll see, okay?

Facts > opinions.

Buy two; good idea,

but Lifan here doesn't even have two for sell, har har.

You should look into opening a dealership in KK.

I thought it was higher when I tried it, so I picked up a brochure, which confirmed the seat height was about 2cm higher on the Xplore. Trouble is MrsB has thrown the brochure away.

Sorry, won't be starting any kind of business in Thailand, I prefer not to turn my nightmares into reality.

I have no idea what Lifan's marketing policy is in Thailand, they seem to have quite a salable product and all I have ever seen are secondhand looking bikes, which have been in stock for years with flat tyres and batteries and with bits fallen off.

Anyone (Thai) with a bit of business sense could sell a shed load of these, the dealers make FA out of selling Hondas, for cash.

The X-plore has 17" wheels F = R , X-cross 21" F and 18" R. So rear height will be about 1/2" higher , front about 2" higher , if everything else is the same. Dont forget one doesnt need to be as low , to foot the bike through tricky sections , when on the road. Forks pulled through yokes 2" and seat re-shape is 1,000 Baht.

The X-plore has 17" wheels F = R , X-cross 21" F and 18" R. So rear height will be about 1/2" higher , front about 2" higher , if everything else is the same. Dont forget one doesnt need to be as low , to foot the bike through tricky sections , when on the road. Forks pulled through yokes 2" and seat re-shape is 1,000 Baht.

I am only quoting what was printed on the brochure and having sat on both bikes only a couple of days apart think that to be the case.

But I could be wrong, (I am sure it will happen one day) along with the brochure....and I have no way of proving it since the brochure is gorwn.

Maybe someone has a dealer who is carrying both models.

What i meant by "if everything is the same" was IF the seat heights were the same ( you say the X-plore is 2 CM taller , which i dont dispute ) the extra height the wheels gives is an easy fix , if needed. When i used to hire a X-cross , i found the seat very poor , so i would be modding this anyway.

I am only quoting what was printed on the brochure and having sat on both bikes only a couple of days apart think that to be the case.

But I could be wrong, (I am sure it will happen one day) along with the brochure....and I have no way of proving it since the brochure is gorwn.

Allan posts:

"One thing to consider if you do that is that the seat height is higher on the Xplore, than the Xcross"

Allan,

The seat height is lower on the X-plore than the X-cross.

(Not higher)

(Due to smaller wheels)

Otherwise the proportions are identical.

Sheesh.

Edited by papa al

Allan posts:

"One thing to consider if you do that is that the seat height is higher on the Xplore, than the Xcross"

Allan,

The seat height is lower on the X-plore than the X-cross.

(Not higher)

(Due to smaller wheels)

Otherwise the proportions are identical.

Sheesh.

That is not what I found and not what the brochure said, the opposite seems to be true.

But I would add that the brochure was made by an Issan company called Moddaeng.... and the day will come when I am wrong.

http://ehongmd.com/ehong/ ....buggadifIknow.

You stick with your guns sir.

Consistency.

+1

I am sticking to my guns based on what could be suspect intel...where have I heard that before? and "I only know what I believe"..Tony Blair...Bring back Genghis to deal with him

....oh my! did I say that out loud?

Your intel is DELETEDBubba.

DELETED

Googled it......

Gy-5 Seat height 870mm

Xplore Seat height 880mm

I knew my inside leg was really sensitive....an extra 10mm can make all the difference...

Gy-5 Wheelbase 1380mm

Xplore Wheelbase 1360mm

Gearbox different, which won't share casing.

Gy-5 Tank 10.5 litres

Xplore tank 9.5 litres.

Who's Bubba, that means a baby?

Edited by seedy

Yes, they look about 10.17mm different.

Yep, X-Cross seems a bit higher.

Notice the intersection of the front tires with the forts.

The Cross intersects an inch above the boot bottom.

The Splore intersects an inch below.

The radius of Cross wheel is 10.5,

The Splore, 8.5"

So 2" differences on both, check.

So the Splore axel (with smaller wheels) sits 2 inches lower.

That's why it looks lower to the ground.

YRMV.

I have to say I don't get the Xplore at all, what is it for? Now if as we were discussing, you could just wack on another set of tyres, then you have two bikes, but why those silly smaller wheels and shorter wheelbase...and a smaller tank, surly bigger is always better.

It is the same with all these small wheeled bikes that the kids ride around, they don't handle better, or go faster and they are therefore not cool....and believe me I know cool. neus.gif The only advantage is that you don't fall so far when you fall off.

Hi guys. I think i worded my thoughts badly. Lets have another go. If both bikes are the same height ( and it now seems the X-plore is 10mm higher ) then fitting the larger X-cross wheels on to the X-plore , will make it even higher. Maybe 50mm front and 13mm rear. Not ideal for riding off-road. Dropping the forks through the yokes will sort this. If the rear needs altering then pre-load the shock a touch. Cheaper than grinding some off , or replacing with a shorter one. X-plore will be a very good bike around town , sticky tarmac tires , wide bars , good road view and the reason i bought a Platinum instead of a Lifan , a standard pattern gearbox.

Hi guys. I think i worded my thoughts badly. Lets have another go. If both bikes are the same height ( and it now seems the X-plore is 10mm higher ) then fitting the larger X-cross wheels on to the X-plore , will make it even higher. Maybe 50mm front and 13mm rear. Not ideal for riding off-road. Dropping the forks through the yokes will sort this. If the rear needs altering then pre-load the shock a touch. Cheaper than grinding some off , or replacing with a shorter one. X-plore will be a very good bike around town , sticky tarmac tires , wide bars , good road view and the reason i bought a Platinum instead of a Lifan , a standard pattern gearbox.

Personally I like the Lifan's simple technology, for me if I am to go down the Chinese route, low tech is best.

I think the gear pattern is something I could get used to, about 4/5 years ago I rode a mate's Lifan and it didn't take long. That is not to say I wouldn't make an odd mistake, indeed this year on my return from Europe I rode the Wave for a few weeks and when I tried my NV, thought my gearbox had packed up, with only first gear selectable....then after a few moments realised the others were up. Doh!

How is the Platinum?

Also, you would have to change the gearing, fitting bigger wheels on the already high gears Xplore, wouldn't work off road and that shorter wheelbase I don't like that. Better to put road tyres on the Cross and suffer the gearchange........

Edited by AllanB

Personally I like the Lifan's simple technology, for me if I am to go down the Chinese route, low tech is best.

I think the gear pattern is something I could get used to, about 4/5 years ago I rode a mate's Lifan and it didn't take long. That is not to say I wouldn't make an odd mistake, indeed this year on my return from Europe I rode the Wave for a few weeks and when I tried my NV, thought my gearbox had packed up, with only first gear selectable....then after a few moments realised the others were up. Doh!

How is the Platinum?

I asked my local Lifan dealer if it was possible to convert the years to 1 down,4 up. He replied,new engine needed. Might that part number that someone on here,but I believe others have had no luck.

You do get used to it,but when i go back to my bike in the UK,hope I remember the correct sequence

Yes, when I lived in Denmark I took my UK Triumph Spitfire with me and went back regularly, so changed from RHD car on the left, to RHD car on the right, to LHD car on the right and once LHD car on the left. It takes a few minutes and then you have it....except one morning you get up and drive off on the wrong side of the road....Sheeeeeeeet.

Same with the gear change I guess and it makes life interesting. Actually, if you are a Yank, or European and own a Cross here you have two problems.biggrin.png

Edited by AllanB