Freezing sperm

Hal65

Has anyone have their sperm frozen? I'm thinking about doing it as I'm still fairly young, but don't plan to have a family for another decade or so.

If anyone knows the costs involved for the freezing, and then the artificial insemination I'd love to hear about it, thanks.

Why freeze it,I've met 75 year old new fathers here in Thailand and that's no myth,slightly odd but alas not a myth.

There are records of older men than 75.

I read that the quality of the sperm gets worse, but I am not sure if that is really true....

Freezing it also won't be too good for the quality...

There are some Infertility Doctors in Thailand that will freeze and store sperm. You pay an annual fee of something like 10,000 baht per vial. That is a consideration, since one ejaculation may fill many vials, and they will use one vial per artificial insemination, or IUI. Plus, they will want to do blood tests at the time of collection of the sperm to verify your health, that is an additional cost. Typically, it may take 2 or 3 tries doing IUI to get a girl pregnant.

The Red Cross in Thailand is the only official sperm bank. I know of a Doctor in Khon Kaen that stores sperm, but what you are asking for is unusual in Thailand. I also know of some Thai girls who would pay for your sperm so they can have a half farang/thai baby. Contact me via message if you want to know more.

Edited by JimMagee

just load the ice cube tray up and freeze it in your freezer,but remember not to use it in your drinks.cheesy.gifwai2.gif

Darling where are is that ice with the sperm?

Sperm, yesterday when you wanted some Orange juice I thought......sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

There are some Infertility Doctors in Thailand that will freeze and store sperm. You pay an annual fee of something like 10,000 baht per vial. That is a consideration, since one ejaculation may fill many vials, and they will use one vial per artificial insemination, or IUI. Plus, they will want to do blood tests at the time of collection of the sperm to verify your health, that is an additional cost. Typically, it may take 2 or 3 tries doing IUI to get a girl pregnant.

The Red Cross in Thailand is the only sperm bank. I know of a Doctor in Khon Kaen what stores sperm, but what you are asking for is unusual in Thailand.

Geez, how small are the vials?

I feel quite inadequate right now.

Thanks Jim sad.png

• Like 1

I have to ask the question - why do you want to do this? Are you expecting to not be able to reproduce at some future time?

You have to ask do you? Well if I were the guy and you put it to me that way I would feel obliged to tell you "none of your f*ing business..."

Why freeze it,I've met 75 year old new fathers here in Thailand and that's no myth,slightly odd but alas not a myth.

Yea Why the hell freeze the good stuff,plenty of time boy;;;;just whip it up when needed,, more fun to than the old hand shaker;;;;

The Red Cross in Thailand is the only sperm bank. I know of a Doctor in Khon Kaen what stores sperm, but what you are asking for is unusual in Thailand.

Thanks Jim sad.png

I believe that 10cc is the average ejaculation amount (dont know where i got that from, the information I mean)

10cc is a spoonful

Hence the Bands 10cc and The Lovin Spoonful.

Have A Nice Day

• Like 2

I have to ask the question - why do you want to do this? Are you expecting to not be able to reproduce at some future time?

You have to ask do you? Well if I were the guy and you put it to me that way I would feel obliged to tell you "none of your f*ing business..."

As, apparently, you have.

But I still feel obliged to ask why an apparently healthy young man would harbour these thoughts in the first place.

Married early? Maybe butterfly tendencies? As we all may have, we are but human - dick-ducks-gone? or soon to be?

Planning for the future?

Not a hard question to answer on an anonymous forum surely?

The freezing must be at VERY low temps, way below your kitchen freezer.

The sperm is supposed to recover ok and be ready to father.

However, some facts within the wool blankets of stupid remarks.........

-artificial insemination does not work the first time all the time, nor the fifteenth time.

-the woman has to have a dozen injections to increase fertilization and they hurt every time.

-young man's sperm is more plentiful in the ejaculate and more motile, meaning better, but only for regular fertilization the old fashioned way.

-old men's only problem is FEWER sperm being produced overall, less motile, but it only takes one good one which is possible to find.

Saving one's sperm makes little sense except if one predicts he will lose all fertility, not easy to do in normal life.

The freezing must be at VERY low temps, way below your kitchen freezer.

The sperm is supposed to recover ok and be ready to father.

However, some facts within the wool blankets of stupid remarks.........

-artificial insemination does not work the first time all the time, nor the fifteenth time.

-the woman has to have a dozen injections to increase fertilization and they hurt every time.

-young man's sperm is more plentiful in the ejaculate and more motile, meaning better, but only for regular fertilization the old fashioned way.

-old men's only problem is FEWER sperm being produced overall, less motile, but it only takes one good one which is possible to find.

Saving one's sperm makes little sense except if one predicts he will lose all fertility, not easy to do in normal life.

That explains a lot.

I once had a case of swollen testicles.

The doctor told me the ex wife was that frigid the sperm actually turned around and swam the other way!

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

It seems that none if you are aware that the freezing of semen is done at croyogenic temperatures using liquid nitrogen and stored in liquid nitrogen until required. And I didn't need to Google it........but no doubt you will now.

Thanks Jim sad.png

I believe that 10cc is the average ejaculation amount (dont know where i got that from, the information I mean)

10cc is a spoonful

Hence the Bands 10cc and The Lovin Spoonful.

Have A Nice Day

"Hence the Bands 10cc and The Lovin Spoonful."

Maybe...

The band's (The Lovin' Spoonful) name was inspired by some lines in a song of Mississippi John Hurt called the "Coffee Blues." The Hurt song was generally considered to be either a drug reference to the spoon used to heat and melt drugs such as heroin for use, or a reference to the amount of the sperm ejaculated by the average male (about a spoonful). The band's leader, John Sebastian says it was the former, but the rumor of the latter persists.

The same possibility applies to the origin of Pearl Jam, although that seems even more speculative.

My all time favorite song for something like the last 50 years is one of the lesser known TLS songs (music videos have changed a bit over the years).

: Edited by Suradit69

are you really going to trust having your sperm frozen and taken care of here in Thailand? You're kidding right? You may get a surprise outcome if you ever use it for in vitro!

If you are either white or black farang you know the kid isn't yours.

But for Thai men it will be more difficult to detect.

Thinking about it.....If you work in such a facility (as man) it would be great opportunity to spread your genes, by replacing the frozen sperm with your own smile.png

To answer the question about why, I presumed it would be safer than impregnating a girl with old man's sperm. Based on what another poster said this may not be the case, will have to look into it myself.

Also I was thinking of getting a vasectomy, and having my sperm frozen would be invaluable in case I went through with it.

• 5 months later...