PCAD guard who assaulted pilot arrested, Thai police say

webfact

PCAD Guard Who Assaulted Pilot Arrested, Police Say
By Khaosod English

14031692221403170146l.jpg
Police say they arrested former PCAC guard Chaiwat Dee-ngam last night for allegedly assaulting an innocent bystander last month.

BANGKOK — A former security guard for the anti-government protest group that paralysed Bangkok streets for six months has been arrested for assaulting a motorist last month, police say.

Surasak Sowattanakul, a pilot, was on his way to Don Mueang Airport in northern Bangkok on 9 May when masked security guards with the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) asked him to park his car and roll down the window.

When Mr. Surasak refused, one of the guards broke his windshield with a handgun and another guard repeatedly punched him in the face until he fell unconscious, Mr. Surasak said in his testimony to the police.

Police say they arrested the PCAD guard who assaulted Mr. Surasak in Bangkok's Talingchan district last night, where he has been hiding for several weeks. The suspect was identified as 20-year-old Chaiwat Dee-ngam from Pitsanulok province.

"He wants to apologise for what happened. He explained that on the day of the incident, the weather was hot, and [Mr. Surasak] tried to drive his car toward them, so he committed the crime," Pol.Col. Charoonkiat told reporters.

He added that Mr. Chaiwat is currently detained at Thoong Song Hong Police Station and will be prosecuted according to the laws. Mr. Chaiwat has not yet been charged of a crime, said Pol.Lt.Col. Suwan Pol-in, an investigation officer at Thoong Song Hong Police.

PCAD guards, many of whom were armed, assaulted and intimidated a number of innocent bystanders during the PCAD's six-month protests against the former government.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1403169222&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-06-19

• Like 2

Self protection.

The pilot tried to run him down.

I would have ran him over. I tend to not yeild to a man with a gun if I have aternative means of self defense. (police being an exception) Not that it's ever happened to me though.

• Like 2

A notice to former, red supporters.

Not, one way traffic any more, as complained before.

True justice is back in Thailand.thumbsup.gif

He is NOT charged of anything yet.

How long will it take before his puppet master Suthep bails him out?

Show me the REAL prosecution in court and his REAL stay in jail and I will eat my words.

This guy is a pathetic example of human race,

Show us the real justice for the 28 murdered by red shirts.

• Like 2

I am also rather curious why "he has not been charged of anything yet". If they charge him and punish him, if they charge the red yellow thugs who tortured a man for five days and then threw him in a klong to die, if they arrest those that attacked a bus in Don Meung and walked away...then I will believe this junta is fair... and will be greatly relieved. No one seems to be accountable here, including Suthep AND Yingluck.

Neither side has shown any fairness toward human beings who are not "their" friends for many, many years.

Indeed and this guard was wrong and should be prosecuted violence was not called for.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just one incident among hundreds perpetrated by Suthep's goons against the people of Bangkok.

Pales into insignificance when compared to the violence perpetrated by your team. But notice none on this side support violence.

"the anti-government protest group that paralysed Bangkok streets for six months "

I'd say that's not quite true. Or even close to the truth to be honest.

The final paragraph is a typical bit of khaosod hyperbole as well.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Mind you if he had been armed with a designer Kalashnikov or Glock and had the right family name or daddy was a political figure and came from a Hi So background nothing would have been done under the last administration would it ?

The accused would now no doubt have been instructing the police farce force in how to shoot each other whether on or off of duty or enjoying a night out.

• Like 2

Am I missing something here?

Surely the 'arrested' was Yellow Shirt in his leanings?

Can we finally desist from the 'black and white' , well actually 'Red v Yellow' crap that so many BMs here want to continue with ad nauseum?

You are living proof that its not just the Thai elite that carry on like a rabid dog with a bone!

Things have changed , if you havent noticed .

Give it a rest or save your petty arguments for your afternoon long beers out front of your favourite Family Mart "bars"....

"the anti-government protest group that paralysed Bangkok streets for six months "

I'd say that's not quite true. Or even close to the truth to be honest.

The final paragraph is a typical bit of khaosod hyperbole as well.

It's not true???? Then what would you callit. Stopping people for voting, stopping people from going home, stopping people from going to work.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"He wants to apologise for what happened. He explained that on the day of the incident, the weather was hot, and [Mr. Surasak] tried to drive his car toward them, so he committed the crime," Pol.Col. Charoonkiat told reporters.

What a pathetic attempt at explanation for this violent and unlawful act.

The fact of the matter stands,He had no legal right to attempt an armed traffic stop to start with.

Which is why he was arrested...thanks for that

• Like 1

Now remind me again, how many murderers and violent terrorists did the PTP controlled big budget CAPO arrest and charge?

By this I take it you're referring to the political murderers ? Isn't a murderer a murderer regardless of his motivation? So you're basically saying that under the PTP they never arrested many murderers ?

Terrorists? I don't know many terrorists who wear "I'm a terrorist" emblazoned on their shirts, again, you're telling me in the whole time in office, they failed to arrest anyone over terrorism charges? Nobody from the South?

You're another one who can't let go of the past, move on, it's gone, nothing can be done to change it, it's what people do today, that effects the future!! Nobody can change the past, focus on the present and the future will be worth waiting for ;)

What a pathetic attempt at explanation for this violent and unlawful act.

The fact of the matter stands,He had no legal right to attempt an armed traffic stop to start with.

Exactly. And that is what has been wrong with all of these so called rallies. Each side took the law into their own hands and did what they wanted without the police lifting a finger to control the situitation.

Hopefully, the General will start Thailand on the road to a true democracy where law are order are the rule rather than the exception.

• Like 1