How to get rid of an ekok?

thaibeachlovers

Use a bath mat, ones that's quite think. Catch him using the bath mat with fingers well back from corners. Allow him to bite onto the loose part of the mat. Make sure to get a decent hold of him. This way you can catch any ekok or Tokae as most call them. Take him over to the local temple or down the street and release next to some guys house you don't like!

Edited by jayjayjayjay

what is a ekok?

Same as Tokay?

Probably. My wife calls them ekok. They make a sound like "f...you" very loudly.

It's a big one, not the little ones that I like around to eat mossies.

It won't come down off the wall to get caught. I'll look for a non lethal rat trap, thanks. What bait do they like?

They are easy to catch with a fishing net, or leave the door open with a bright light outside and it will come out to eat at night.

Why do you want to get rid of it? They are perfectly harmless. They won't jump on you or attack you. If you pick it up use a pair of thick leather gloves they have a strong bite.

They only make a noise to attract a mate, after they are quiet.

They are easy to catch with a fishing net, or leave the door open with a bright light outside and it will come out to eat at night.

Why do you want to get rid of it? They are perfectly harmless. They won't jump on you or attack you. If you pick it up use a pair of thick leather gloves they have a strong bite.

Yes, they are harmless, but have you seen the poop they leave around?

OP, ask any of your local Thais to help you get rid of him or her.

They know the way......as you can land with a nasty bite.

Yes, they are harmless, but have you seen the poop they leave around?

OP, ask any of your local Thais to help you get rid of him or her.

They know the way......as you can land with a nasty bite.

Yep. Thais know how to get rid of them - on a BBQ. However it's a choice of poop or spiders in your store room.

My wife hates them and wants to kill it. I'd rather just get it to relocate.

The fishing net idea sounds good. I'll try that, thanks.

what is a ekok?

Same as Tokay?

Probably. My wife calls them ekok. They make a sound like "f...you" very loudly.

It's a big one, not the little ones that I like around to eat mossies.

It won't come down off the wall to get caught. I'll look for a non lethal rat trap, thanks. What bait do they like?

yes most probably.....looks like the Rottweiler version of the small one....

keep in mind: it is one of the few animals that eat cockroaches......Whoever eats cockroaches and/or mossies is automatically my friend smile.png

((we have a cockroach invasion in one house and I would rather prefer the ekok, but Mrs. h90 doesn't like them)

• Like 1