Grateful farang

@hanno

Hello

When i'm in thailand I alway train everyday to keep my weight down

Other wise I would become an obese person

Gaining 3 or 4 stones/42+ lbs

All asian countries have delicious dishes

They probably even got great dishes down in papua new guinea

Them people talking about macdonalds and burger king are having a laugh!

I dont eat that food anymore

Literally for years

I did use to like fillet of fish and fries and thick vanilla milk shake

that was 20 years ago

I've since found out last year that macdonalds put silicone in their food (cheese) that probably explains the plastic chemical taste?

I discovered.a video on youtube in april

A man from new york: abe finkelstein

Is talking and boasting about what they put in macdonalds

Basically human meat

Check out the video on youtube.com/abefinkelstein

No more macdonalds for me

Not may Americans would agree that a big Mac is the most delicious meal in the world. Most people eat ethnic foods...and our restaurants reflect that. You will see delicious varieties of foods from all over the world, with heavy many specialty/international foods in the USA. In fact, we are the most diverse Nation in the World. You could walk down the street in Brooklyn or Los Angeles (or anywhere in between) and find restaurants that serve authentic food from almost every Nation in the world.

MacDonalds is just a gimmicky, fast food outlet that advertises internationally and is always close at hand. People eat there because it is quick and easy...not saying it is delicious.

• Like 1

@ayjaydee

Conjealed blood

Thanks for the information

Why on earth would anyone like to eat conjealed blood?

Unless you are a vampire

The soup also had small boiled egg in it, please dont tell me it was a pigeon egg?

you eat blood every time you have a steak

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

I've since found out last year that macdonalds put silicone in their food (cheese) that probably explains the plastic chemical taste?

Basically human meat

Not may Americans would agree that a big Mac is the most delicious meal in the world. Most people eat ethnic foods...and our restaurants reflect that. You will see delicious varieties of foods from all over the world, with heavy many specialty/international foods in the USA. In fact, we are the most diverse Nation in the World. You could walk down the street in Brooklyn or Los Angeles (or anywhere in between) and find restaurants that serve authentic food from almost every Nation in the world.

MacDonalds is just a gimmicky, fast food outlet that advertises internationally and is always close at hand. People eat there because it is quick and easy...not saying it is delicious.

what makes you think america is the most ethnically diverse country in the world?

Thai food's alright, but bearing in mind it is loaded with MSG at MOST restaurants to make it taste better. Also, Farang restaurants aside, there is not much variety in Thai cuisine. As to world's best, reckon Italian grub knocks it right on its butt.

You will see delicious varieties of foods from all over the world, with heavy many specialty/international foods in the USA. In fact, we are the most diverse Nation in the World. You could walk down the street in Brooklyn or Los Angeles (or anywhere in between) and find restaurants that serve authentic food from almost every Nation in the world.

But MacDonalds IS the US! As a nation you don't have a cuisine/dish and are best known for burgers and fries. I've spent time there ;)

And by the by, if you want to see diversity, forget baby New York, go to a real city like London. ;)

You will see delicious varieties of foods from all over the world, with heavy many specialty/international foods in the USA. In fact, we are the most diverse Nation in the World. You could walk down the street in Brooklyn or Los Angeles (or anywhere in between) and find restaurants that serve authentic food from almost every Nation in the world.

But MacDonalds IS the US! As a nation you don't have a cuisine/dish and are best known for burgers and fries. I've spent time there wink.png

And by the by, if you want to see diversity, forget baby New York, go to a real city like London. wink.png

when a brit says america doesnt have a cuisine, they show their ignorance. not only do they have many foods that come from the original indigenous inhabitants, but as a nation of recent immigrants they have dishes from all of those countries as well as those dishes that have been modified to american tastes.

• Like 2

@ayjaydee

Conjealed blood

Unless you are a vampire

The soup also had small boiled egg in it, please dont tell me it was a pigeon egg?

you eat blood every time you have a steak

Don't forget blood sausage. Brits call it black pudding. Germans and Spanish love it too. Delicious!

• Like 1

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

Basically human meat

And did you know MacDonald's puts radioactive plutonium in its shakes

And sarin gas in their water

Silicone in their cheese..... How ridiculous

• Like 1

The French fries are made with old motor oil mixed with toxic waste. That is why they taste so good. tongue.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

But MacDonalds IS the US! As a nation you don't have a cuisine/dish and are best known for burgers and fries. I've spent time there

And by the by, if you want to see diversity, forget baby New York, go to a real city like London.

when a brit says america doesnt have a cuisine, they show their ignorance. not only do they have many foods that come from the original indigenous inhabitants, but as a nation of recent immigrants they have dishes from all of those countries as well as those dishes that have been modified to american tastes.

He seems to be oblivious to the delicious regional cuisines found all over the US. It is not our fault that he ate every single meal in McDonald's to save a few bucks. whistling.gif

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

Basically human meat

what makes you think america is the most ethnically diverse country in the world?

Read again...I said "we are the most diverse Nation in the World." not ethnically diverse..per say. Food diversity is more what I meant.

but...

I will rephrase....we are a melting pot of immigrants, that represent a microcosm of societies from many regions of Europe, Russia, Great Britain, Scandinavia, Near East, Middle East, Far East, Africa, Mexico, South America, Polyponesia. Our Restaurants and Neighborhoods (in larger cities) reflect the ethnic food available from all those areas..

I think everyone would agree. Culinary taste/food preparation and restaurant management have oftentimes been passed down through generations.

We, of course, are also a melting pot...but the flavors and diversity of food available is phenomenal.

Forget ethnic diversity....as it is a mixed bag. But therefore is the advantage.

Edited by slipperylobster

But MacDonalds IS the US! As a nation you don't have a cuisine/dish and are best known for burgers and fries. I've spent time there

And by the by, if you want to see diversity, forget baby New York, go to a real city like London.

He seems to be oblivious to the delicious regional cuisines found all over the US. It is not our fault that he ate every single meal in McDonald's to save a few bucks. whistling.gif

i have heard many brits express this ignorant opinion

I love italian food, in fact I love just about all foods,

I know this is not a thread on which food is healthier, but italian food for me is a recipe for getting fat,

carbohydrates via pizza and pasta, and breads

cheese from primarliy the pizzas,

Creams from your creamy pastas

processed meats from the salami/ham etc.

Olive oil- yes its healthy but too much of it is no good, its still an oil!

and on top of that, I eat wayyyyyy to much when I have a pizza or pasta in front of me

• Like 1

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

Basically human meat

Read again...I said "we are the most diverse Nation in the World." not ethnically diverse..per say. Food diversity is more what I meant.

but...

I will rephrase....we are a melting pot of immigrants, that represent a microcosm of societies from many regions of Europe, Russia, Great Britain, Scandinavia, Near East, Middle East, Far East, Africa, Mexico, South America, Polyponesia. Our Restaurants and Neighborhoods (in larger cities) reflect the ethnic food available from all those areas..

I think everyone would agree. Culinary taste/food preparation and restaurant management have oftentimes been passed down through generations.

We, of course, are also a melting pot...but the flavors and diversity of food available is phenomenal.

Forget ethnic diversity....as it is a mixed bag. But therefore is the advantage.

you said MOST diverse. I dont understand where that statistic comes from.

don't sweat the details.... most diverse is what I said...but the topic is food. perhaps you are nit picking, or trying to relate to statistical information documented by social scientists...whereas I am merely stating that that we are diverse in our eating habits and restaurant menus..

get over the wording.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

don't sweat the details.... most diverse is what I said...but the topic is food. perhaps you are nit picking, or trying to relate to statistical information documented by social scientists...whereas I am merely stating that that we are diverse in our eating habits and restaurant menus..

get over the wording.rolleyes.gif

as americans always consider themselves No1 in virtually everything, its always fun to challenge their chauvinism now and again.

More food for thought....

America had 2 placements in the top ten restaurants of the world, seven altogether in the top 50

Read and weep. Compare that to say...England or Austrailia !!!

http://eater.com/archives/2014/04/28/worlds-50-best-restaurants-2014-list-from-san-pellegrino.php

Edited by slipperylobster

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

Basically human meat

What makes you think that it's not

@hanno

Hello

Literally for years

that was 20 years ago

Basically human meat

What makes you think that it's not

lots of studies. but of course it depends on what kind of diversity is being discussed. google's your friend

as americans always consider themselves No1 in virtually everything, its always fun to challenge their chauvinism now and again.

I reckon the Brits give the americans a run for their money in thinking their culture, the way they think, their views as number one in thailand

I read an article once malaysia and thailands cuisines were compared as being the same

The article claimed thailand copied malaysian dishes and credited malaysia as being the originators of that cooking style.

That I doubt very much. There are few, if any similarities and of all the SE Asian countries I rate Malaysia as having the worst food.

"Yeah not much like Thai. But have you tried char kway teow? Murtabak? (Indian Malay) Some Malaysian hawker food is delicious too.

Best SE Asian cuisine - Thai

Worst cuisine - Philippines

Best dishes - Murtabak, pho bo & som tam (haa met) khao niao gai yang"

Malaysia has one great dish, I do not remenber the name, but it takes chicken with yellow indian curry, bamboo shoots, and basil leaves on top, woooow it is so delicious, balanced (not to much spice), just a great dish! I miss food from North Malaysia.. Unique!

@ayjaydee

Conjealed blood

Unless you are a vampire

Because it is delicious, if well prepared of course. I will never ever eat this from the streets! Only if I prepare myself one. Do you like to eat cattle liver, prepared just like a beef? if so, it taste the same! biggrin.png

The French fries are made with old motor oil mixed with toxic waste. That is why they taste so good. tongue.png

Freedom Fries.....

I could not find any good food in England....the meat pies and mealy fish and chips in a newspaper were not my idea of food.

bah.gif

Fish and chips in a newspaper was banned over 30 years ago and if you ask for cod they think you are from another planet and the pies are full of gristle and fat.

The most popular dish in the UK is the Doner Kebab a disgusting concoction of mystery meat dripping with lard served in Pita bread.