Retirement Visa 1st Time

I'm 55 year old UK citizen ready for retirement.

Got a new Non-O visa from the UK valid for 3 months

Got 800,000 THB in a Thai bank for the past 6 months

Got letter from bank and passbook as proof

Got medical certificate from local hospital

Nearly home and dry? My question about address: no permanent fixed address at the moment. What sort of proof of address do I need? Will a letter from Thai girlfriend saying I am living at her address be enough? Even if she is not the home owner? Is receipt from hotel where I am staying enough?

Final question: can I go to any immigration office in the greater Bangkok area or is there one specific for 1st time retirement visa?

Thanks for any advice

And safe to say it is NOT a retirement-VISA he is looking for either. There is no such thing.. He is looking for an extension of stay here in Thailand, Good to know, so the correct application form is used...

Glegolo

• Like 1

If anywhere in Bangkok you apply at Chaengwattana

You fill out TM.7 form (print front/back of A4 paper) and attach 4x6cm photo and write phone number below 2nd page signature.

You visit your bank office on ground floor to update passbook (same day) (and obtain a current letter of balance as yours will be old).

Have 1,900 baht for TM.7 application fee and some proof of you current address such as hotel bill.

Have copies of passport data page/departure card (front and back) and visa/entry stamp.

• Like 1

Once you receive your one-year extension based on retirement, if you plan to leave Thailand within the year, you might want to get a single or multiple re-entry permit on the same visit.

You fill out TM.7 form (print front/back of A4 paper) and attach 4x6cm photo and write phone number below 2nd page signature.

You visit your bank office on ground floor to update passbook (same day) (and obtain a current letter of balance as yours will be old).

Have 1,900 baht for TM.7 application fee and some proof of you current address such as hotel bill.

Have copies of passport data page/departure card (front and back) and visa/entry stamp.

Posting here because my question is more related here than my other thread.

If you have a retirement extension you obviously report every 90 days.

If you leave Thailand for a few days and have a multi re-entry does your next 90 report to Immigration come 90 days after you re-enter or does your original 90 day report date still stand ?

Posting here because my question is more related here than my other thread.

If you have a retirement extension you obviously report every 90 days.

If you leave Thailand for a few days and have a multi re-entry does your next 90 report to Immigration come 90 days after you re-enter or does your original 90 day report date still stand ?

90 days after you re-enter, the day you re-enter counting as day 1

I've only gone straight in and out of the immigration offices on the 2 times I've been out there, not seen any bank offices. Where are they ? ( Bangkok bank in particular) And you can get a letter of balance there, I don't have to go to my normal branch office ?

And safe to say it is NOT a retirement-VISA he is looking for either. There is no such thing.. He is looking for an extension of stay here in Thailand, Good to know, so the correct application form is used...

Glegolo

Funny but just so happens that my extension of stay issued at Jomtien on 18th April 2014 is stamped "Retirement" whistling.gif

Glegolo

Funny but just so happens that my extension of stay issued at Jomtien on 18th April 2014 is stamped "Retirement" whistling.gif

An extension of stay is NOT a VISA. It can be granted by the immigration office for various reasons. Yours is for "Retirement".

Dont forget to check the date on your entry stamp. If you go more than 45 days before the 'must leave before date' on the stamp, you will have a wasted journey. Happened to me 2 months ago! You are applying too early!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Its definately the TM7 form is it? And only this one?

Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom Application Form (TM. 7)

There are so many forms to choose from

I've only gone straight in and out of the immigration offices on the 2 times I've been out there, not seen any bank offices. Where are they ? ( Bangkok bank in particular) And you can get a letter of balance there, I don't have to go to my normal branch office ?

Go toward the center open area outside immigration and take escalator down one floor - turn around and Bangkok Bank office will be visible in center area. Almost all banks have branch offices there and they will issue both letters or updates for immigration - no need to visit your local branch. They are also good options to open accounts as they have many foreign customers.

Go toward the center open area outside immigration and take escalator down one floor - turn around and Bangkok Bank office will be visible in center area. Almost all banks have branch offices there and they will issue both letters or updates for immigration - no need to visit your local branch. They are also good options to open accounts as they have many foreign customers.

Go down a floor ? ... did n't even know there was a floor below, LOL. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling to CW by public transport possible?

CW happens to be at the wrong end of BKK for me. I am happy to travel on BTS / MTS to get around a limited part of the city. But I seem to miss how get further up north to CW.

For 'longhaul' in the past I had chauffeur service in form of my wife, alas she is in farangland.

Is this a case to saviour taxi services? Any taxi at CW to return, or hire a full day?

Regards - Richard

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by RTH10260

Travelling to CW by public transport possible?

CW happens to be at the wrong end of BKK for me. I am happy to travel on BTS / MTS to get around a limited part of the city. But I seem to miss how get further up north to CW.

For 'longhaul' in the past I had chauffeur service in form of my wife, alas she is in farangland.

Is this a case to saviour taxi services? Any taxi at CW to return, or hire a full day?

Regards - Richard

Two very easy ways by public transport:

1. Go to Mor Chit station (BTS). Exit on park side and take No 52 bus from stop near the stairs down from the station - it goes to the top of Changwattana Soi 7.

This bus has a flat fare of 8B and is sometimes free (blue and white sign on windscreen). Get off near TOT building - third stop after the bus turns left at Laksi Station. Walk a bit further in the direction of bus travel and to your left is Changwattana Soi 7. Can get motorbike, shuttle, or walk to end (10-15 min) where immigration is.

2. Go to Victory Monument (BTS). Take No 166 bus from stop about 100m north of Rachawithi Road . Some of the buses go to Pak Khret, and some go direct to the door of the Immigration building . The ones going to immigration have a sign saying "soon rachagahn" that looks like this:

ศูนย์ราชการ

For the return journey you catch No 166 from the same door of the immigration building. 18B or sometimes free.

Edited by partington

You can take the sky train or MRT to Mor Chit and get a van from there.

See this info from immigration website: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Thanks for the link. I guess I did see the top part when looking at the immigration website but missed the travel connections further down.

OP, I got bounced on this at Jomtien today - they didnt like my rent receipts and want a letter from the owners of my apartment block on the proper letterhead confirming that I rent an apartment in this complex. I was so focussed on the income requirement that I didnt put enough thought into that one - felt like a bit of a dolt but as the 'vetter' pointed out I have plenty of time to sort the extension. She was very keen to make it clear to me exactly what I'll need once my funds are seasoned - not much fun being sent away but there was no finger pointing, just a simple request to give them the right piece of paper. Spoke to the owners and said letter should be ready for collection right around now - back first thing in the morning to put this extension of stay thing to bed.

At least I dont need 10-40K baht in cash to be allowed back into Thailand - just step out the front door and there it is in all it's glory.